MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-19-2001, 07:53 PM   #21
KillaZ350
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SlowStang2:
if after I get these heads and I don't see an improvement, my mustang days are over. Unless,....a supercharger pops up from someplace.

LS1s run high to Low 13s, the newer ones are even braking into the 12s... STOCK...
And the top end is freaking awsome, very smooth and powerful power band to.... Ttops 305-330hp
Anyway , their are people here that could probabily give you a better answer then me, but when you changed your gear ratio mabey it messed up the computers calaberations(spl? ).... Knocking something else off balance, so mabey your running the wrong grade of gas, or your shifting at the wrong points now due to the gears.... I really have no idea, 'something' sounds very fishy though.. (fords ) it spunds like you have a kick azz combo, but after making it worse, it sounds like a poor matching combo...
Did your car pull any harder after the gear swap??? becaus you should have noticed a difference especially at take off...

------------------
Arctic White 1998 Camaro Z28
See my Can of Whoop Azz here
Flowmaster 3in American Thunder Catback - MTI Air Lid/K&N filter,!MAF, FRA
KillaZ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 07:55 PM   #22
KillaZ350
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SlowStang2:
if after I get these heads and I don't see an improvement, my mustang days are over. Unless,....a supercharger pops up from someplace.

LS1s run high to Low 13s, the newer ones are even braking into the 12s... STOCK...
And the top end is freaking awsome, very smooth and powerful power band to.... Ttops 305-330hp
Anyway , their are people here that could probabily give you a better answer then me, but when you changed your gear ratio mabey it messed up the computers calaberations(spl? ).... Knocking something else off balance, so mabey your running the wrong grade of gas, or your shifting at the wrong points now due to the gears.... I really have no idea, 'something' sounds very fishy though.. (fords ) it spunds like you have a kick azz combo, but after making it worse, it sounds like a poor matching combo...
Did your car pull any harder after the gear swap??? becaus you should have noticed a difference especially at take off...

------------------
Arctic White 1998 Camaro Z28
See my Can of Whoop Azz here
Flowmaster 3in American Thunder Catback - MTI Air Lid/K&N filter,!MAF, FRA
KillaZ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 10:45 PM   #23
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

I agree with stevstum, you could of had different grs, but the shop would tell you if you had 3.73's, my friend just got some 4.10's installed, we were almost certain the car had 3.55's, turns out they were 3.73.

Killaz350, what in the he11 do ls1's have to do with this subject?, we all know ls1's are fast and can almost hit 12's stock, big deal come to this track in south tx and find out how stangs rule the strip and the street, who care's what they run stock, you think people that race competitively, are gonna leave thir car stock? ls1s pull long, hard, and smooth because of the way they are geared, so my friend spanked a 01 vette on nittos, with an 85 coupe 650 holley, stock heads, longtubes, RR's, 373's, and e.t streets, but with a little ole 302, sorry killaZ, just venting.....

------------------
90 lx coupe: 175k miles, steeda water pump pully, hurst shifter, Mac cold air fenderwell, accel supercoil, ADS chip, aluminum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs.
Best time: 13.9116(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 98.17
Best 60': 1.9607

next mods: subframes, mac h-pipe
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote