MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-01-2001, 08:35 PM   #21
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

bad89, i dont talk crap to anyone, im just a nobody at the streetraces, well at least im quiet, and usually race other mustangs, while the vette ownere sit and watch, and talk how they would be eating the stangs, thats what i mean, we actually GO, insead of show, and those newer vettes can take their rear mounted transmission and stay in the yuppie class, while we stangers impress ourselves with our machines, instead of everyone else, if you ask me, i love the history of dragracing, and i love how mustangs like my 5.0, are not overpriced and dont have rocket science in them, just an (affordable) rwd v8 that hauls *** , like the younger guys in the 60's and 70's wanted.

Chances are, a guy with a newer vette didnt do his own work to his super fast killer machine, when the next punk kid with dirty fingernails built his stang turning his own wrenches.
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 11:03 PM   #22
down south florida boy
Registered Member

sh*t,if you want to talk about arrogant drivers how about dem prelude and eclipse owners with the stupid looking body kits and that thank their 14.5 sec.times are the best out there.lol
down south florida boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 11:04 PM   #23
down south florida boy
Registered Member

sh*t,if you want to talk about arrogant drivers how about dem prelude and eclipse owners with the stupid looking body kits and that thank their 14.5 sec.times are the best out there.lol
down south florida boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 07:43 AM   #24
Stang Runner
Registered Member

I have never lost to a vet. I have beat some from the mid 90's but all the new ones Never race.. They would beat me but they are all older slow drives The Guy next door has a Fast sounding vet it is a 60's and I have yet to talk to him about it.. It has a 454 in is I have seen him take off and it looked fast!! His car is much louder than mine but the Neighbors call to complan if I make that much sound and take oof fast.

------------------
1988 LX 5.0 3060lbs (full Tank) 14.90@100.2 On a Gtech Drivetrain: 2.73 Stock Gears (New Gears Monday 3.55), World Class T-5, Lakewood Bellhousing, Summit Adjustable Cluch Quadrant & Cable, Alumminum Driveshaft, Flaming River Manual Steering Rack Suspension: MAC Control Arms,Maximum Motorsports Front Grip Package, H&R Sport Spings, Bilstein Shocks
Engine: Steal Mounts, Ram air, K&N, Under Drive Pulles
Exhaust: 1 5/8 Un-Equal Length Mac Headers, X-pipe W\cats, Edelbrock cat\back
Co
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 10:50 AM   #25
LfiveohX
Addicted to the 5.0

Cool

I had a fun run-in with an older Vette (probably a 91-92, not really sure) about 2 weeks ago. I was driving with my top down along Los Angeles Ave. in Simi Valley heading home and this guy pulls up next to me and we get lined up even at about 40 mph. He looks over at me and we both smiled, then he hit it first. I thought he was kidding at first, maybe he was holding back, but I walked away from him, we both let off at about 55mph. Kinda scary out here in Simi (alot of cops), so we finally get to a stop light, but he was in front of me. Light turns green, I hear him take off so I punch it and almost run in to the back of his bumper! He gets into the left lane and looks at me and gives me a thumbs up! So I smile and drive off. I think he knew that I was faster so he kinda gave up. He seemed really cool, kinda like me, just out driving his car, enjoying the V8 sound, cruisin. There are other people out there with Vette's and other GM's that are pretty cool. But I think that this has been a rare encounter with a Chevy guy. Anyways, now I'm looking for some more High Performance Rice for Lunch! HEHEHE
LfiveohX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 09:05 PM   #26
topless tire fryer
All show, some go 4 now!

Talking

Heres a cool thought. A new vette or viper is roughly $50,000. New stang, roughly $25,000. Imagine what Ford SVT could do with a stang they could charge $50,000 for....

------------------
'95 Chrome Yellow GT ragtop, KN filter charger, Dynomax cat back, Accel plugs and wires.
topless tire fryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 01:31 AM   #27
jimberg
Registered Member

Quote:
Heres a cool thought. A new vette or viper is roughly $50,000. New stang, roughly $25,000. Imagine what Ford SVT could do with a stang they could charge $50,000 for....
I think it's called the Cobra R.

Seriously, though, I would love to see Ford do something more exotic than the Mustang or Lightning that was in the $50-60,000 range that was a Viper and Vette killer.

Maybe this should no longer be a concept car.

Ford GT90

------------------
351W 89 Mustang GT Convertible
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 01:49 AM   #28
mudstain hater
Registered Member

MUSTANGS SUCK!!!MUSTANGS SUCK!!!MUSTANGS SUCK!!!MUSTANGS SUCK!!!MUSTANGS SUCK!!!MUSTANGS SUCK!!!MUSTANGS SUCK!!!MUSTANGS SUCK!!!MUSTANGS SUCK!!!MUSTANGS SUCK!!!MUSTANGS SUCK!!!MUSTANGS SUCK!!!MUSTANGS SUCK!!!MUSTANGS SUCK!!!MUSTANGS SUCK!!!MUSTANGS SUCK!!!MUSTANGS SUCK!!!MUSTANGS SUCK!!!MUSTANGS SUCK!!!MUSTANGS SUCK!!!MUSTANGS SUCK!!!MUSTANGS SUCK!!!MUSTANGS SUCK!!! (as you can tell im really bored)
mudstain hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 04:32 PM   #29
Hungry4GMs
Registered Member

Cool

I got a comaro kill story the best one im sittin at the local car-wash a street racer hangout and this guy pulls up in this sweet lookin '69 maro im sittin there surrounded my comaros people givin me **** but half of them are talkin out thier *** the toher half alrady raced me and know my car aint no punk so pulls up hops out and starts walkin around my car he asked how many horse i said roughly 475 he laughed and went on to talk about how much he hated nitrous oxide and wanted to know the non nos dyno i told him like i tell evrybody else ALL THROTTLE NO BOTTLE!! so we walk to his car he pops his hood and it was Beautiful! 383 stroker with twin 400 edlebrocks he had dart 202 heads hooker headers ALL CROME i mean this thing wa sweet i asked how much horse hw as pushin he said 450 and asked if i wasnted to run 'em im always up for a good street race pluss i wanted to see what this beast had and before i can say yes the mob of people around us start yellin YEA!! GO FOR IT!!! so how could i resist we shook hands and ageed to meet at he local strip (about 2 miles of obandoned highway) my heart was thumpin and so were my speakers I HAD TOOL BLAIRIN!! the flag dropped and he shot out on me like a ***** this was when i still had the stock 2.73's he has about a hlaf of a car now and im tackin out tryin to make up ground shiftin at about 5500 i hit third and im back dead even i shift out of third at about 57-58 and i pull on him those highway gears i guess are good for somethin i got about a half of a car on him now i hit fifth and all he saw was bumper i think he pulled out on it though MY BEST COMARO KILL!! probably my best race

------------------
Hungry4GMs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 05:34 PM   #30
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

Wink

nice! i guess 2.73's arn't soo bad! i know what u mean, about the highway speeds, its great.

------------------
89 GT, Trickflow intake, Crane (E-type) cam, 70Tb, 75MAF, 1.6 Rockers, Pulleys, MAC headers and H-pipe Dynomax mufflers, K&N, 3 core radiator, custom interior, cobra R rims
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 11:36 PM   #31
gt-hunter
Registered Member

first of all:

mudstain hater grow up man, it's people like you that give us chevy guys a bad name.

Second: mustang vs. camaro which one to chose?

whichever you like best. They are both V8s, they are both domestic, they both woop ricer arse and they can both be built up to do great times.

Why I chose the camaro over the mustang? I love the LS1 engine and I've always liked Z28s over Mustangs. if Ford had kept the 5.0 and made better power my desicion sure would have been harder. But overall it's called "preference"...if we all drove the same car, the same color and ran the same times...boards like these and ls1.com wouldn't have a reason to exist.

that's my peace.

Mike

------------------
1999 Z28 M6 Arctic White, MTI-Clear Lid w/K&N, B&B Triflo, BMR STB, Pro 5.0 Power Tower, 160 Powerstat, HPP3, TB Coolant bypass, Ported MAF, Taylor 409 wires(10.4 mm), NGK TR-55s, Redline Synthetic Lubricants, K&N oil filter,
BEST E.T. 13.27 @ 106.39, 2.022 60'(street tires)
323.1 rwhp, 333.9rwtq
gt-hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 11:45 PM   #32
SaleenGTS
RICE taste like Chicken

GT-Hunter
We know who you cool guys are, they will never give you all a bad name...I got your back.

------------------
Dustin
Saleenized 89 GT,428 rwhp,TFS Street Heat Intake,TFS TW Heads,TFS #2 cam,BD-11A 9 psi,FRPP 1.6 rr's,BBK 70mm TB,Pro-M 75mm Bullet,MSD 6BTM, FMS 9mm wires,BBK longtubes,BBK Short H-pipe,American Thunder cat back,3.55's

12.3@119

http://www.mustangworks.com/rides/pictures/Listing1549-slot1.jpg
SaleenGTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 09:54 AM   #33
stevstum
Registered Member

Ah...Don't get me wrong I don't really like smart @$$ people that blow smoke. I thought this thread was about Camaro kills, not Vette owners.

------------------
Steve Stumbaugh

89 LX 5.0 5sp.
Removed air silencer
Motorcraft 8mm wires
Autolite platinum plugs
BBK O/R h-pipe

stevstum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 01:31 PM   #34
bada$$lx

I hang w/ 2 GM guys who are cool like GT Hunter. I agree with them that there are real azhole Stang owners too. I have 1 in my neighborhood who thinks because he's got ground effects, stickers galore and a 3" exhaust from the mufflers back, they've got the fastest Stang known to man - but don't want to prove it. I've got a friend w/ a '01 Vette, he's very cool and won't even race, he admits I'd smoke him, and I admit that he'd smoke me after 120. He said we'll make a run or two once he gets a Z06 !

------------------
'90 LX 5.0; 12K original miles (no sh*&); 3.55 gears; pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads; BBK shorties; MSD 6AL box w/ blaster 2 coil; Motorsport E303 cam; Pro-M 75mm MAF; BBK 70mm TB; Eibach spring kit; Southside welded subs; K&N cone filter charger; Hurst shifter; fiberglass turbo hood; A/C-less; rear seat-less; cat-less; 2 chamber Flos; Corbeau racing seats (fronts);
30# injectors; JMS Chip; 190 lb fp; TFS track heat Intake (12.299 @ 113)