MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-26-2001, 12:45 PM   #1
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Post Taking on a SN95

Last night on the way home from dinner with my gf, I look in my rearview and see a teal 94-95 style mustang weaving out of traffic to catch up to me. He catches up and passes me throwing a few revs. I follow in pursuit and as luck would have it a light just out of town turns red and we nail it to get to the light in time before it turns green. I noticed when we gunned it to make it to the red light before it turns green, that his car is extremly loud. We line up, the light goes green and we both get on it. For some odd reason, I tryed taking off at about 2,800RPM and done nothing but spin due to the fact that I have NO traction devices, luckily he spun pretty bad too. We both catch traction at the same time and take off. I hear him shift to second before me and he gets alittle chirp. I shift to second and for some odd reason my ol' car bogs!! I get pissed and he quickly jumps 1 1/2 cars on me. At this time my gf is yelling, "HE'S BEATING YOU, HE'S BEATING YOU!!" My car picks back up at about 3grand and here i come barreling at him. I pass him with ease and get about 2 cars on him and shut down around 85-95mph. We slow down and give each other the thumbs up. I turned on the next road and slow so I could ask what he had done but he kept going.

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley AFPR, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 73mm Vortech MAF, 70mm TB, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, AC and Smog del, rear seat del.

[This message has been edited by Smokedawg (edited 06-26-2001).]
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 02:49 PM   #2
fastang
Registered Member

Sweet! Dont you hate it when your girl tells you **** that you already know? I cant wait till I finish my stroker. BTW What year is your stang?

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, milled heads, 355's K&N, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 02:53 PM   #3
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

My gf had no confidence in me I guess. This is really one of the first races I have taken with my new motor setup. It pulls really nice but I want more of a take-off. My car is a 1990 GT.

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley AFPR, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 73mm Vortech MAF, 70mm TB, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, AC and Smog del, rear seat del.
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote