MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-25-2001, 05:21 PM   #21
dinomite
The Dude

Ya, NOS is just a company that sells Nitrous Oxide (N2O) kits, i don't like the slang that they use.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 08:52 PM   #22
Stang Runner
Registered Member

I would of thought that if they spend Like $40,000 They should go faster than the 10's I mean even a Ricer with that Much $$$$$

------------------
1988 LX 5.0 3060lbs (full Tank) 14.90@100.2 On a Gtech
Drivetrain: 2.73 Stock Gears (New Gears coming in a week), World Class T-5, Lakewood Bellhousing, Summit Adjustable Cluch Quadrant & Cable, Alumminum Driveshaft, Flaming River Manual Steering Rack
Suspension: MAC Control Arms,Maximum Motorsports Front Grip Package, H&R Sport Spings, Bilstein Shocks
Engine: Steal Mounts, Ram air, K&N, Under Drive Pulles
Exhaust: 1 5/8 Un-Equal Length Mac Headers, X-pipe W\cats, Edelbrock cat\bac

Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 03:18 AM   #23
429mustang
Registered Member

I liked how when the charger is at the stop light all you hear is the motor, no whine from the blower ever. After the movie there were a few kids in a Steak & Shake parking lot with their hoods open. There was a pretty stock looking civic hatchback which is supposed to run 14's (yeah right), a twin turbo RX-7 and a turbo charged Talon. I asked all of them if they wanted to race, but all I got were excuses. The RX-7 had a bad clutch, the civic wasn't running right, and the kid with the talon who supposedly runs the whole racing scene around here would't give me a straight answer. First he gave me some bullshit, so I told him if he was scared it was cool, so then he said if he got another ticket he would be dropped from his insurance. His motor looked pretty stock other than a set of plug wires, so I asked if he had a bigger turbo in it or anything else done to it and he kind of trailed off as he looked away saying it had everything done to it. What is everything? I asked him if he'd been to the track, he said no, so I asked what he thought it should run, he said a 12.90- yeah right, and why a 12.90, why not a 12.88 or 13.01 or maybe in the 14's where it should be? Besides the over-exageration of almost everything, the movie was alright, it kind of sucks though cause now everyone (with the exception of a couple cool people) with a honda thinks there cars the fastest thing on the road and they know everything about cars and racing and whatnot. My sisters boyfriend thinks his stock bottom of the line civic hatchback could beat my 86 mustang with a pretty stock 93 motor in it (e303 cam, pulleys,headers) if he took out his interior. Interior or not, he's still left with the same weak motor. Kids who think there hondas are fast should go test drive a stock mustang GT or trans am, I think they would be in for a surprise.

------------------
86 Mustang GT w/pretty stock 93 5.0 (cam,pulleys,injectors, throttlebody,h-pipe)
Motor to be swapped for a 1970 429 +.030, ported heads, solid roller cam, victor intake, 10.2:1 comp, C-6 trans, 3:73 rearend W/moser axles
429mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 10:47 AM   #24
justjoe
Registered Member

In the April issue of the Dupont Registry the '94 Supra that was in the movie is for sale. it's got 600+ hp. And the engine detail is amazing. The weird thing it has 3 tv's a vcr and a playstation! They want $80,000 for it!
justjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 12:13 PM   #25
Rocket 99GT
Registered Member

Angry

Saw the movie last night, I was so pissed seeing imports only that when the "charger" came out I felt like screaming that is power you a$$holes.
Anyway this movie just makes me hate imports (and ricers) more. When I came out of the movie I prayed for a ricer to pick on me but my prayers where not answered.
I was the last one to leave the movie and on my way out they were outside pushing the gas and making their "fart pipes" sound really loud, I decided to drive by them just to show them what a really car sounds like.
God bless V8's.

99GT…rear sway bar (adjustable), rear lower control arm, traction bars, tokiko struts/shocks illumina 5 position, strut tower brace, caster camber plates, racing lower springs, 3:73, underdrive pulleys, Steeda timing adjuster, michelin "pilot" 245X17, no silencer, no spare tire.

Rocket 99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 04:56 PM   #26
Blaster
Registered Member

I had the unfortunate experience of meeting up with a fart piped civic at a light after the movie premired in my town (which I skipped to go drag racing at the track), anyhow it's late and he throws me some revs thinking he's Vin Deisel or something,so I politely handed him his a$$ and showed him where the term "only in the movies" comes from.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2001, 02:59 PM   #27
topless tire fryer
All show, some go 4 now!

I thought I was the only one with the problem of not being able to drive past someone with a 4 cylinder, wing and fart pipe and not get all bent out of shape. Saw the movie, good flick to fire you up to go race some 4 cylinder junks. I'll watch it again, but not till its on DVD and I can follow it up with Gone In 60 Seconds. Nothing like a little Elanor to make you feel better. Its like I keep yelling to the idiots with the 4 cylinders, theres no replacement for displacement.
topless tire fryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 03:29 AM   #28
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I wish I had a dollar for every ricer that tells me he runs tens and has never lost a race. Then I ask what have u done. It is the usally intake, exhuast answer. Then I get asked what I have and always Say o just a mustang thats all. Then it always turns out it is not even a 14 second car. lol

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 12:27 AM   #29
00'BlackSteed
Registered Member

im with u on this one,but it is for the younger kids of america to see what it is all about. all those cars out there are all show,my ford contour can beat half those cars.so go see the movie and enjoy a laugh.

------------------
00'GT,(S281 clone),3 chamber flows,K&N filter,BBK underdrive pulleys & 3.73 gears. No time slip as of yet(est.13.7-13.9)
00'BlackSteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 06:34 AM   #30
Stang Runner
Registered Member

a twin turbo RX-7 Lives down a few house around here I would like to race him but I think I would lose I looked his car on the net and it goes like low 13's stock. The only time I have got behind him It was on a corner and my swaybar was broke and he took off and around the corner and he was gone!!!!

------------------
1988 LX 5.0 3060lbs (full Tank) 14.90@100.2 On a Gtech Drivetrain: 2.73 Stock Gears (New Gears Are in my house3.55), World Class T-5, Lakewood Bellhousing, Summit Adjustable Cluch Quadrant & Cable, Alumminum Driveshaft, Flaming River Manual Steering Rack Suspension: MAC Control Arms,Maximum Motorsports Front Grip Package, H&R Sport Spings, Bilstein Shocks
Engine: Steal Mounts, Ram air, K&N, Under Drive Pulles
Exhaust: 1 5/8 Un-Equal Length Mac Headers, X-pipe W\cats, Edelbrock cat\ba
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote