MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-23-2001, 03:59 AM   #1
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Post ITR-CRX at 4 AM!!

I was coming home from Atlanta after seeing the Fast Ans Furious at 1:40. Cruising thru an intersection, heading to Waffle House i see a primer CRX with black wheels and chrome exhaust at the light heading perpendicular to me. As I pass in front of him a throw a small rev just to see if he will bite, and sure enough he turns right and pulls behind me.

I go up a hill and turn left at the light. The road opens to 2 lanes when u turn and i take the right, he swings into the left. He goes and i nail it and pull for about 3-4 feet, then let off just to play with him. As he catches even i nail it and walk him. This road stays 2 lanes for about 1 1/2 miles with a light in the middle. I pull about 12 lengths and slow down cruising to the light were i wait for him. He pulls up next to me at the light and we exchange props. He has an ITR motor in a gutted CRX. The light turns and i let him go. With about a 3 car lead i proceed to launch and trot on by, probably about a 5 car lead when i shut down mid 4th. The roads were dry and strait, with great visibility. I guess we must have hit about 100 . Great fun.

The movie was pretty godd also. All in all, a most excelent night. Sorry so long

Light Em Up!!

------------------
My 87 GT....Marbles
AIM: Marbles87Fox
Light Em Up!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 11:21 AM   #2
dinomite
The Dude

Thats funny that he has a gutted car and swapped engine, ye you still killed him.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 01:43 AM   #3
inferno
The Instigator

Quote:
Originally posted by dinomite:
Thats funny that he has a gutted car and swapped engine, ye you still killed him.
I was thinking the same thing....but probably not for the same reasons as you......

------------------
90 Honda CRX aka Project Mongoose
Estimated Completion: ON STANDBY

84 Toyota Supra:
Japanese 6mge installed within two weeks.....
High flow cat, two chamber flowmaster, custom 2.5" piping, msd 8.5mm wires. Will have boost before 2002.
Have HKS turbo manifold for it.....

inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 02:23 AM   #4
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Question

what is an ITR motor?

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 02:30 AM   #5
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

You see, the whole abreviation is ITRH. It stands for ... IT TRIED REALLY HARD....to keep up. Just joking. I dont have the foggiest what ITR stands for.

IT TRIES to RACE.....???
ITS TOTAL RICE.......????
INDIFFRENT THROTTLE RESPONSE......????

Okay enough, I dont want to upset Inferno. I'm only poking light hearted fun. No harm intended.

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. GT Apperance pkg. And to many others to list
2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle, 40 series Flowmasters, Steeda Tri-Ax
64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 10:29 PM   #6
inferno
The Instigator

Integra Type R = ITR....seeing that a stock ITR runs mid 14's stock in a car that weighs about 2500lbs and it had exhaust and is in a car that weighs at least 600lb and NoSlow5.0's car is mostly stock(from what I saw in his user rides section before it started acting up).....

------------------

84 Toyota Supra:
High flow cat, two chamber flowmaster, custom 2.5" piping, msd 8.5mm wires. Will have boost before 2002.

Old 06-24-2001, 11:13 PM   #7
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Quote:
Originally posted by inferno:
Integra Type R = ITR....seeing that a stock ITR runs mid 14's stock in a car that weighs about 2500lbs and it had exhaust and is in a car that weighs at least 600lb and NoSlow5.0's car is mostly stock(from what I saw in his user rides section before it started acting up).....

I can't wait to see an ITR stock actually pull those times in front of me. I have seen quite a few of them at the track and I have a few friends that have them... the best so far, is 14.998. I guess I aint at the right place, at the right time.

I got a friend here that has a Civic Hatch with a Integra GSR engine in it. His best so far all engine is 14.1, and he just added NOS. Still needs tuning, but he managed a 13.6xx on a humid day. I'm impressed.

Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 07:56 AM   #8
NoSlow5.0

Quote:
Originally posted by inferno:
I was thinking the same thing....but probably not for the same reasons as you......

I know I know Inferno....YOUR CRX WOULD HAVE STOMPED ME!! Right?

My stang may be "mostly" stock, but she is no slouch.

I am just happy that i've actually been getting some action lately.
Light Em Up!!

------------------
My 87 GT....Marbles
Light Em Up!!!
Old 06-25-2001, 08:29 AM   #9
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

(here we go again...)

Inferno, please give me your assumptions along with your ET quote of "stock ITR runs mid-14's."

I could maybe see a stock ITR run mid-14's given the following:

1) A flat-out awesome driver
2) Perfect weather conditions (temp, baro. pressure, low humidity, etc.)
3) Perfect launch
4) Sea-level track
5) The list goes on and on

But, in reality, does a STOCK ITR really run mid 14's?

------------------
1991 5.0 LX Coupe - 38,000 miles

13.17 @ 106.14 mph w/ 2.138 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 10:47 AM   #10
dinomite
The Dude

Not mid, more like high, say 14.7 with a perfect driver on perfect day. The reality is, though, that most of the people who buy them, like the vast majority of all car drivers, cannot drive worth **** .

Quote:
whats that supposed to mean, inferno?
Old 06-25-2001, 06:46 PM   #11
fastang
Registered Member

Theres a moderator at clubsi that knows a link to a posted timeslip of a stock ITR hitting a 14.20! I still dont believe it though.
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 10:16 AM   #12
lyonsd
Registered Member

No, a stock ITR won't run mid 14s. There was one at Commerce and he said his best was 14.7. And that wasn't stock, either. He had a header and some other stuff.
lyonsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 11:00 AM   #13
dinomite
The Dude

only one header?....oh wait, hehe!
Old 06-29-2001, 12:59 AM   #14
inferno
The Instigator

You guys had no problem believing a 15.3 from a stock Si though....or 15.4 from a stock LS Integra....I guess what I have seen has no relevance since I haven't or don't own a Mustang.

------------------

84 Toyota Supra:

Old 06-29-2001, 11:33 AM   #15
NoSlow5.0

Exclamation

No Inferno, you are wrong. It is not that your posts have no relevance. Your oppinions are welcome and appreciated. It is just that every time someone posts about racing imports, or the performance of imports you always argue, or try to make them look like ignorant domestic owners who wouldn't know their a$$ from a greddy exhasut because they don't own, drive and import. I have race 2 ITR swapped vehicles, one sprayed me and i still won both races, even in my "mostly stock"(read..slow) 5.0. The swapped mill cars around your kneck of the woods or in your garage might be balls to the wall insane, but these were not( and i suspect that most are not as well) and i stomped them. I don't see why this thought is so difficult to fathom.

Now if i would have posted about killing the 01 SS i race a while ago, i would expect someone to make a coment along the lines of what you said.

And FYI, mid 14's is not fast. A stock 5.0 could best that with a good driver, I am modest, but still belive my self to be a better that average driver, and my car runs strong. They were no contest.I would love to race you, not out of spite, but you seem to think that all of these imports we race are unususlly slow and i would love to race a "real import with a worthy driver". Later

Jonathan

------------------
My 87 GT....Marbles
Light Em Up!!!