MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2001, 03:14 AM   #1
stng87
Registered Member

Post Cops: tricks of the trade

Lets get the info out that we know about cops. what are some of the tactics that they use? Im sure that there are plenty that are known by the mustangworks users. This could be useful. I think that I have gotten off a lot just cause I have veteran plates. Anyone else???

------------------
1987 black with t-tops. Cobra intake, 1.7 cobra crane rollers, gt40p's, bbk shorties, off road h-pipe, adj. FPR, Tremec t-5z, 65mm TB, 4.10's, adj cable, 155lph fuel pump, Ram clutch kit,
275-60-15 BFG TA's on Welds, Hurts shifter,Former AOD Semper Fi
Old 06-28-2001, 03:34 AM   #2
69fastback
IRAQ VET

being in the army has saved my butt more than once.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

Old 06-28-2001, 04:19 AM   #3
84stangLX

This is what i know about cops (which isn't much but it may help):
nearly every time that me or someone i know has been pulled over it was either a speed trap or the cop paced them (pacing is more common at night). A speed trap is obvious, but pacing is more subtle. I noticed that a cop will speed up like 5 to 10 over, sometimes more to catch up to you then slow down a couple of car lengths behind you, sometimes even in your blindspot if it's a multilane road. If you catch the cop early, you can lower the ticket or avoid it. I have a tendancy to slow down whenever someone is behind me at night and it's saved my butt more times than i can count.
The biggest thing i've found is that if you're respectful, honest, act responsible for your actions and are prepared and fess up to what you did the cop is more likely to let you off with a warning. one of my friends is an idiot and argues.....i wonder why he has so many tickets and i have none.
I've also noticed during the day if you see a cop on the road, he's less likely to pull someone over, maybe because during the daytime there's more to do otherwise and less drunkdrivers. Just some tips i abide by that may or may not help

------------------
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
My car

Old 06-28-2001, 08:19 AM   #4
Kevin Price
Registered Member

Moved to Blue Oval Lounge

------------------
SVO siamesed 351 stroked to 417ci,Yates heads, solid roller,Trans King glide and a little blue bottle
of giggle gas. My Car
Closed Thread