MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-23-2001, 01:00 AM   #1
gp001
Registered Member

Exclamation Speed Kills !!!!!

WARNING WARNING WARNING - VERY (And I mean very) graphic crash pictures. Do not view unless you have a really strong stomach.

My buddy forwarded me this link of pics of a high speed Ferrari crash. It shows the victims in very gruesome detail. Something to think about when we do what we do. Play safe.
Apparently, it seems they are only visible with MS Internet Explorer - at least that's what I was told.
http://www.cbbyers.com/temp/ferrari/

------------------
347 (Coast High short block), 279/284 .493/.510, TFS TW, Stealth, 750, Flowtech hdrs, Dr. Gas X, 2 Chmbr Flowmaster, MSD 6AL-Dist.& SS coil, March serpentine pulley system, Art Carr C-4, Currie 9" w/3.55, alum Drv Shft, susp mods, Total Control subframes & tower braces, Trans Am Racing power dual master, 4 wheel disc
In a 66 coupe
gp001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 08:23 AM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Man that is sick. I just hope some kid dont look at these pics cause in my opinion they are to graphic for this forum there are other sites that welcome that kind of sick sh!t.

I believe that foreign countries just beg for accidents like this one with there autobahns(streets with no speed limit).

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible bored to 306 BBk equal length headers mac cold air fender kit cowl hood nitto drag radials ford racing clutch flow masters h-pipe 160* thermostat 16 degrees of timing electric fan off 94' t-bird jacobs electronics cap and wires. Edelbrock 1 1/2 inch drop springs.
best 60 ft 2.14, best 1/8th 9.65, best 1/4 15.2 @89mph, Stock gears and 3000+ Altitude
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 09:42 AM   #3
gp001
Registered Member

I posted it for that very reason. Most of the younger drivers think they are invincible. Especially with the release of "The Fast & the Furious", it might make someone think twice before taking it to a limit they can't recover from. The same way they make kids who get caught drinkin & drivin visit the morgue. Shock treatment is the best reality check. I'm sure if Kev thinks it's not appropriate he will deltet the thread
gp001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 11:43 AM   #4
Kevin Price
Registered Member

I believe, for now, this one will stay open pending any complaintes received.

Street racing is glorified in the stories we tell, the videos posted, and the movies. There is a real danger in street racing, however, rarely does it hit home.

I would venture to say that all of us have hit speeds that if we had wrecked, this would have been the result.

So, next time you embark on your next race think of this, and know that it could be you if you choose to do something foolish.

In that these pictures are not directly posted to the site, but just the link, you are viewing at your own discretion.

Be careful all!

------------------
SVO siamesed 351 stroked to 417ci,Yates heads, solid roller,Trans King glide and a little blue bottle
of giggle gas. My Car
Kevin Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 07:59 PM   #5
smokedchevy
Registered Member

We all need to be careful and try to keep racing on the track. All it takes is one accidental death and you're in prison for manslaughter. It's not worth it, just do a nice burnout to get it ouy of your system.
smokedchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 02:04 AM   #6
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

I posted these in blue oval lounge, or at least a link to them a week ago, but then something happened to the link, and noone could view them, well once was good enough for me, VERY HORRIFIC, but at 170mph...280kph something like that, geez im sick thinking about those pics
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 03:58 PM   #7
Ty'97Cobra
Registered Member

Holy Smokes...
Congrats on keeping the link up. I agree with Kevin, if you are old enough to race, you are old enough to see what could happen to you if you are not careful.....

Here is another article for you all (no pics) about a wreck this past weekend. http://www.news-record.com/news/now/speed25.htm

I don't know how long it will be up, but in a nutshell, two cousins were on the same motorcycle. They got clocked at 151 mph, took a curve at 130 mph, and then a tree at 100 mph. Sad. Really sad.
Be careful.

------------------
1997 Black Cobra Convertible. #2788 of 3088
Mostly Stock - Vortech Anyone?
1988 5.0 LX Convertible -Work Car...Few Mods.
Ty'97Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 12:16 PM   #8
bada$$lx

Cool

That is sick, but reality sometimes is. I think w/ this stupid movie (Fast & Furious), I think their's going to be a lot more street racing accidents, injuries and deaths because some kids are just too inexperienced, have no fear, and unfortunately won't listen to reason.

------------------
'90 LX 5.0; 12K original miles (no sh*&); 3.55 gears; pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads; BBK shorties; MSD 6AL box w/ blaster 2 coil; Motorsport E303 cam; Pro-M 75mm MAF; BBK 70mm TB; Eibach spring kit; Southside welded subs; K&N cone filter charger; Hurst shifter; fiberglass turbo hood; A/C-less; rear seat-less; cat-less; 2 chamber Flos; Corbeau racing seats (fronts);
30# injectors; JMS Chip; 190 lb fp; TFS track heat Intake (12.299 @ 113)
Old 06-26-2001, 01:24 PM   #9
Rocket 99GT
Registered Member

hey, why does this guy have his pants down?, I tell you this guys in Latino America will DO anything, haha.
Rocket 99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 04:18 PM   #10
84stangLX

well.....did they die? I really couldn't tell....wait, oh yeah they're in about 30 different pieces, so maybe they didn't survive. During driver's education, we had an assembly and they showed pictures of car crashes like that one (a representative from Harborview Hospital here in washington) and many people got sick. That was a pretty gross scene. Isn't it nice how there's about 100 spectators just looking at what's left of the bodies.

------------------
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
My car
Old 06-26-2001, 04:30 PM   #11
bada$$lx

Cool

The pants down confused me too

------------------
'90 LX 5.0; 12K original miles (no sh*&); 3.55 gears; pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads; BBK shorties; MSD 6AL box w/ blaster 2 coil; Motorsport E303 cam; Pro-M 75mm MAF; BBK 70mm TB; Eibach spring kit; Southside welded subs; K&N cone filter charger; Hurst shifter; fiberglass turbo hood; A/C-less; rear seat-less; cat-less; 2 chamber Flos; Corbeau racing seats (fronts);
30# injectors; JMS Chip; 190 lb fp; TFS track heat Intake (12.299 @ 113)
Old 06-26-2001, 05:34 PM   #12
Fostang
Registered Member

Now those are some sadistic thoughts. I don't think anyone that knew someone that died in a similar matter would be making these remarks. Having to pick up the remains of a body isn't a very nice job. That's why some police officers have a very low esteem. Tell me who really wants to hear about such an accident? We pay social control officials to do the work and then when joke about it hmmm.

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2001, 08:33 AM   #13
Rocket 99GT
Registered Member

"FOSTANG" These are not sadistic thoughts, the fact of the matter is that this guy is having his pants almost down to his knees. Hey it was just an abservation, I did noticed some white stuff in his underwear hehe, oh under close examination it is blood.
Rocket 99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2001, 10:31 AM   #14
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

"dude, wheres my head", "dude wheres my arm"

haha couldnt resist..i show no pitty for rich boys in ferrari's thinking that they are god and nothing will happen at that speeds cuz they have a $150,000 sports car

------------------
1987 black notch(ex 4 banger)
DSS 306 w/ main support...Elderbrock 6028 heads..gt-40 intake..24# injectors...70 mm tb..77 pro-m...accel 300+..mac full legnth..tremec w/ pro5oh...full MAC exhaust,off road h-pipe,long tubes, catback...ron davis radiator..subframes, control arms...CFDF II..o yea holley FPR sucks..dont buy one..
AIM=onesillynotch
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 06:40 PM   #15
oldman
Registered Member

In the circles I run in we call these "lunch meat dudes" They don't even make good organ donors. I've been a paramedic for about 11 years now and one thing I can say for certain, I've never seen anyone survive a high speed wreck where the driver just lost it at triple digit speeds. I'm sure it happens but I've seen a few and none I've attended made it. THe human body is a remarkable animal. It's hard to imagine the torture it can take and survive but this kind of thing . . imagine the forces at work here.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 08:04 PM   #16
rbatson

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Ty'97Cobra:
Holy Smokes...
I don't know how long it will be up, but in a nutshell, two cousins were on the same motorcycle. They got clocked at 151 mph, took a curve at 130 mph, and then a tree at 100 mph. Sad. Really sad.
Be careful.

That was in my home town, from what I heard the driver was showing his cousin how fast his bike was (I think he just got it, not sure) . The policeman was chasing him and thought he lost them, he turned around and then saw the people flagging him down. After hearing the story, I thought to myself how horrible it must have been to be the passenger..