MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-04-2001, 11:18 PM   #1
Cobra 01
Registered Member

Lightbulb Chevy owner BITTER

I have waited almost one year for my 2001 cobra, and so have my friends especially one in particular who own a camaro, he has been bugging me to race from day one and everytime i see him on the street he is always trying to race me. Now i didnt want to lose this friend so i declined his poor attempts to race him especially having modified this cobra with x pipes and a vortech blower. until one day when we met up and he brought along more of his chevy friends with what they thought their new (mareo's) could put a dent in this snake of mine. needless to say i SPANKED all of them and i made sure they knew that cobras and fords are timid owners until you piss them off then we just smoke you!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Cobra 01 (edited 07-05-2001).]
Cobra 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 11:22 PM   #2
69fastback
IRAQ VET

How fast is that thing with that vortech anyway? It must be hell to launch with that irs. Have u been to the track yet? I would love to see some times on it.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 02:51 PM   #3
Cobra 01
Registered Member

going to trakk this weekend i am trying to hit 11 in the quarter i will give u an update when i return.
Quote:
Originally posted by 69fastback:
How fast is that thing with that vortech anyway? It must be hell to launch with that irs. Have u been to the track yet? I would love to see some times on it.

Old 07-05-2001, 02:56 PM   #4
KenI
Registered Member

Sounds a little fishy to me.
KenI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 06:51 PM   #5
rbatson

Thumbs down

sounds fishy to me too.. you don't spend $3-4k and not know how to spell the blower you have...
Old 07-05-2001, 08:19 PM   #6
Fostang
Registered Member

Interesting point hmmmm ?????

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 03:55 PM   #7
Cobra 01
Registered Member

well i spent 5200 with installation and sorry didnt know spelling was a huge requirement but if it will make you happy (Vortech) there i corrected the word for ya.
Quote:
Originally posted by rbatson:
sounds fishy to me too.. you don't spend $3-4k and not know how to spell the blower you have...
Old 07-06-2001, 08:08 PM   #8
rbatson

Thumbs up

I'm not trying to upset you or flame or anything but.. bs will not fly on this board.. the guys here can see it coming. Maybe you do have what you said but its just hard to believe that you spent that kinda money and didn't know it wasn't spelled vortexx(though its possible). Also, I didn't know a year ago that they were gonna make a 2001 cobra so.. that adds to my skepticism. Anyhow, maybe you do have what you said and maybe you need to add a bigger maf and some gears to that combo.
Welcome to the board...

------------------
Rick
My 89lx(updated 2/21/2001)
My 97 Cobra