MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-03-2001, 05:12 PM   #1
crewzin
Registered Member

Post Everyones sooooo fastttttttt!

Today I went down to get my car aligned after putting on a new k-member and coilover kit. It seems that everwhere I go with a 5.0 theres someone who has one that runs in the nines or eights or something. This guy comes up to me and says his car is almost ready after blowing up his stock motor with a 1000hp nitrous shot running nines. Ya right! Hes replacing it with a Chevy 400 small block. Good luck. His buddy has another car running in the tens but is down too. The owner of the shop comes out with "Ya I got everything you can bolt onto my wifes new stang and she can beat the mess out of your car no probs 550hp". He's never even asked what Ive done to my car. So I throw him a look and said "Maybe, maybe not!" I tend to be a little hard to piss off and try to be very humble. You never know what someone has under the hood! These guys look and sound like they wanted to know about cars but just sit on the fence. I hope I do run into them sometime so I can rack up some kills on the new 347 blow'n vert!
crewzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 11:34 PM   #2
exgmguy
Registered Member

I know what you mean. Everyones "got a buddy...."

------------------
1988 Mustang GT
12.0 @ 122
1992 BadAzz Wrangler
1993 Explorer
exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 11:38 PM   #3
Ty'97Cobra
Registered Member

Talking

Yea, My buddies friends, uncles, cousins, son in laws, older brother, friends, sister........

Oh yea, Run what you've brung...

------------------
1997 Black Cobra Convertible. #2788 of 3088
Mostly Stock - Vortech Anyone?
1988 5.0 LX Convertible -Work Car...Few Mods.
Ty'97Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 12:39 PM   #4
sedanman
Registered Member

Yeah, that annoys the $hit out of me, the my car go's 9's (when in reallity it would be lucky to run 14's). Then you say mine runs say 13.5 and they act like its so slow. When in reallity they have never even rode in a 13 second car and they think there buddies new V6 mustang is ssssoooooo fast.
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 02:40 PM   #5
dashapht
Registered Member

you have to know how weed out the bullshitters.. my procedure is to not believe it till you see it (in MOST cases).

------------------
93 Coupe, long tubes, pro chamber, flowmasters, 3.73, auburn, alum driveshft, subframes, tri-ax, pulley, 73mm MAF, cobra Rs.
dashapht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 11:16 PM   #6
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I have run into so many ppl with 10 second ricers it is not even funny o and ofcourse they have never lost a race. come to find out there car has nothing but an intake and some nitrous. lol I don't even spend the money on the gas to race them.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 11:17 AM   #7
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

My favorites are guys working at parts stores. Here are my favorite two...

About three months ago I walk into Discount Auto and the guy at the check out asks about my car, etc... Then says he has an 88 GT with 347 stroker, stock ported heads and lots of nitrous it was in the low 10's till I broke the water pump. So I ask him who did the cage in the car he says I don't like cages and never put one in. Then I ask him about running at moroso (local drag strip) and he says he has friends there that let him run without it! (Yeah right!)

About a month after that I get out to the track late one night and there is the kid with his "beast". I look at his tires, he's running BFG radials on stock turbines not exactly the stuff 10 second cars run on. So he makes a pass and goes 13.8@105. I talk to a couple guys at the track and they tell me that's his best pass yet. I told them about 10's and they laughed all night long!

Second and this is my favorite one. I go to Congress Auto and this kid as usual asks about my car I tell him it runs low 13's with pullies, exhaust and gears. He says that's what he has but in addition has a 125 shot also so he'd kill my car easy. I look out the window and he has a 96 GT auto with stock wheels/tires and stickers all over it. Also tells me his car will run 11's no problem. So I ask him to run me, he says his bottle is empty I tell him to fill it. He wouldn't, said it wasn't worth his time. Before I left I made a comment about needing a 300 shot to keep up with me (I was pissed at that point). Of course part way through our conversation he knows someone with a 8 second outlaw car and dominates the race circuit!

A few weeks later I caught him on the way home from work and he tried to keep up. Once from a roll and I just walked him by a good 3 cars. Second time from a stop, he purges the nitrous at the light and spun his tires till I was in 2nd gear and a good 10 cars in front of him. What a dork!

------------------
00 GT, MAC Offroad H, Steeda Pulleys & Timing Adjuster, 4.10’s, Flows w/turndowns, UPR shifter, UPR Pro Series LCA’s, Lakewood 70/30’s & 50/50’s, 253.8 RWHP/292.8RWTQ
12.91@101.93 (1.74 60ft)
M/M 100, 7085
2001 Mod Motor Shootout 2V NA Champion
Recent Pic from Moroso

Mustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 11:30 AM   #8
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Theres this guy uptown that talks a lot of crap and says his ol' cuda will lay the doors back on anything that races him. But he says he doesnt feel like racing whenever I ask him. I was getting lunch the other day and looked out the window and he was lined up with another one of my friends in a V6 camero. The V6 kicked his *** . He hasnt heard the end of it yet.

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley AFPR, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 73mm Vortech MAF, 70mm TB, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, AC and Smog del, rear seat del.
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 10:30 AM   #9
LfiveohX
Addicted to the 5.0

Talking

It is so funny to hear that other people do the same thing everywhere else also. It is so true that almost everyone with a "performance car", or what they think is a performance car has to refer to their friends car, or their brothers car, or something like that. I can almost always tell when someone is lying about how fast their car is. Yesterday at my work, I was talking to a guy who says his new Dodge Dakota 5.9 R/T can keep up with Ferrari's and Porsche's. He says it is because he knows how to drive his vehicle better than they do. Yeah right! Then he starts telling me that he is thinking about adding a "4 barrell" and maybe changing the computer ! I really had to hold back from laughing at him. I think most of us who own Mustangs are usually a little smarter than the average person who the "performance car driver" usually brags to. Most people who don't have a fast car, or who don't even care about performance will usually just agree with the exaggerations and claims that they can blow off a Dodge Viper with a Mitsubishi Galant with a Chrome Coffee Can Exhaust Tip and Clear Tail Light Lenses!
LfiveohX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 11:59 AM   #10
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Will someone please explain to me how a 4v carb is controled by a computer. LOL. There might be someone that can do it but i dought it is an rt dirver.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 01:24 PM   #11
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Talking

In most cases, I just ask'em to race me before they even get started with, "My car is the fastest car in the world!!!", talk.

Although I do like it when I get to shatter a guys story. The look on thier faces is just priceless. You know the look! Heh heh.

Later.
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2001, 03:09 AM   #12
smokedchevy
Registered Member

This dude at work at season time had a 93-v6 Camaro. He said it had 330 hp. I thought WOW. So I asked him what he did to it and he said it had headers, flowmasters, cold air kit and accel plug wires. He said it could run twelves. I bugged him for a race, but he said he wouldn't because my car had 500 hp because of the 6 pound blower. It was great!! Some people will never appreciate how hard it is to run 12 secondsor actually make 400hp. Average idiot will tell you his small block makes 400hp .

------------------
92 GT, 4:10 gears, centerforce clutch, 6# powerdyne blower, bbk h-pipe, flowmasters
smokedchevy is offline   Reply With Quote