MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-16-2001, 07:03 PM   #1
Nutty 5.0
Registered Member

Thumbs up First run in(sort of) with 99 ss ls1 after s trim install...

I was cruising locally testing out the 3 week old S trim last Sat, and smoked 1st and 2nd testing out boost and fuel guage (just installed) with a friend passenger. Obviously this ls1 (that pewter color with ram air and red ss badges, I think it a 99?!) saw me, although I never saw him, until this silver slug comes quick up on me. Not riding my a$$, but hanging close. I'm stuck behind slow car on 1 lane road, and he turns off. I decided to see if he can keep up. Obviously not, but he was on it. I was pulling away pretty easily. I know I just bolted on 125+ horses, but man, this was awesome! I turned off a side road to chat and hope to run him just to see how I can hold up on a two lane road, and even signalled early. The bastard drops down a gear and chirps. Yeah, that realllllllly impressive! We were laughing are a$$es off! I will be looking for him again to run!!!
Not super impressive, but at least I know that I can easily walk a (stock?) ls1.

------------------
-Nutty 5.0
93 GT Red/Grey
S trim, Edelbrock 6037 heads, E cam, BBK longtubes w/cats, 3 chamber Flowmasters, BBK Alum. underdrive pullies, Cobra intake, Accel fuel regulator, FMS 70mm t.b., 73mm C&L meter, ram air, 1.7 roller rockers, Mac upper and lower strut tower braces, FMS lowering springs, Factory Five upper and lower control arms, Speedware Cobra R 17X9 wheels, 3.73 gears and ram air hood, Cobra wing, and grille insert.
Nutty 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 10:52 PM   #2
exgmguy
Registered Member

Sweet! I am waiting till the weather gets nice to put on my new S-trim.

So what are your impressions with the new blower?

------------------
1988 Mustang GT

12.0 @ 121 on radials
S-trim Vortech sitting in a box!
exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2001, 01:52 AM   #3
rbatson

Sweet!! You running the stock sb? Also what valve covers do you have? I was going to get 1.7s but had heard and seen pics in MM&FF where they cracked the valve covers because of clearance problems. I ended up with 1.6 FMS.

------------------
Rick
My 89lx(updated 11/5/2000)
My 97 Cobra
Old 01-17-2001, 02:28 AM   #4
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Nice car! Taken it to the track yet? Wish I could easily walk an ls1.

------------------
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34 mph before the headers and hpipe
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2001, 02:29 PM   #5
Nutty 5.0
Registered Member

Talking

exgmguy: I love it! I kind of planned on buying one in the future, like a year or so. Then a friend emailed a group purchase on one, and the price was only $100 less than any of the cheaper places. Next thing I knew I got one a couple of weeks later price matching thru Scummit and got one polished for $2955 delivered. It was only $50 more than the group purchase. It all happened so fast (not just the blower's power), but I figure I got an ok deal.
The power is insane, and I know more is there. I plan on a pro tune and maybe a custom chip, too. Thinking of Larocca's...

rbatson: Stock short block with stock cast pistons. Only change is a Melling high vol. oil pump done last spring. Stock cast alum. valve covers grinded to permit plenty of lift. No probs w/almost a year of service.

FivepointOH: Thanks for the comment, I owe you! Hehe! I never thought it was so easy now!

------------------
-Nutty 5.0
93 GT Red/Grey
S trim, Edelbrock 6037 heads, E cam, BBK longtubes w/cats, 3 chamber Flowmasters, BBK Alum. underdrive pullies, Cobra intake, Accel fuel regulator, FMS 70mm t.b., 73mm C&L meter, ram air, 1.7 roller rockers, Mac upper and lower strut tower braces, FMS lowering springs, Factory Five upper and lower control arms, Speedware Cobra R 17X9 wheels, 3.73 gears and ram air hood, Cobra wing, and grille insert.

[This message has been edited by Nutty 5.0 (edited 01-17-2001).]
Old 01-17-2001, 10:04 PM   #6
scottc
Registered Member

Thumbs up

nutty5.0 i live in greenlane like 10mins. from you maybe we could race for the hell of it.I got my t/a to run a 12.91 spinning all the way through 1st on my gtech.Then you would have a ideal how fast your car is.Or you could borrow my gtech if interested.My friend(thundr306 on this board) lives in collegeville he has a black 85tbird w/ a 302stang motor.

------------------
just traded my 91 lx convert&70ss chevelle project for a modded 99 trans am
see my convert burning
scottc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2001, 11:45 PM   #7
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Thats an awesome combo!, nutty5.0, i bet your car with m/t et's should, (assuming streetable boost) a low 11 sec daily driver.

Nice, i would like to see a dyno sheet.

------------------
90 lx coupe: Mac cold air fenderwell, accel supercoil,advncd ignition,3-core radiatr, FMS alum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs, 3chbr flows.
Best time: 14.20(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph 97.80
Best 60' 2.1
next mods: subframes, 3.73's

90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 05:17 PM   #8
Nutty 5.0
Registered Member

Sounds good, Scott C. If this damn rain/snow crap ever stops, I might actually get out to drive the thing more. When are good times?
Do you guys cruise around town?

------------------
-Nutty 5.0
93 GT Red/Grey
Old 01-18-2001, 09:51 PM   #9
scottc
Registered Member

Thumbs up

im home allday so it doesnt matter when.we dont drive our cars to much right now but you should see him drivng sometimes.

------------------
just traded my 91 lx convert&70ss chevelle project for a modded 99 trans am
see my convert burning
scottc is offline   Reply With Quote