MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-15-2001, 11:52 PM   #1
Try Me
Registered Member

Cool 97-98 Cobra calls my bluff

This follows all the talk here on MustangWorks about how virile Cobra's really are:

Tonight on my way to LIZARDS store, i pulled along side a 97-98 red Cobra vert. I had to down shift and lunge forward a few feet to get his attention. When i did, i gave him the thumbs up.. His car was pure. Perfect.

He nails it, i nail it. We kept even for only about 3 or 4 seconds before we yielded to traffic on Bank Street. I signaled to turn onto Riverside where there isn't much traffic. Cobra follows, so i know it's on (and was prepared to be ahnialated)!

The light took forever to change, so he pulled around me at full throttle, tires squealing like crazy, through 1st, 2nd then 3rd, and proceeds down Bank. Of course i give chase but had to give up on account of my better half gettin' all weird because of the street racin'. Yak Yak Yak!

Anyway, it would have been nice to let everyone here know how it would've turned out!
Try Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 01:32 AM   #2
Power
Registered Member

pretty cars, aint they?? :-)

------------------
1966 Baby blue Coupe, 289 w/ man. 3-speed, nothing special but the fact that it is my first mustang. I am a former import guru....no more.

I've never run it except on the street, it has new wheels & tires, new exaust, and that about covers it. Looking to change a lot in the future including engine. Any ideas are appreciated.
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 12:10 AM   #3
rbatson

I was going to a friends house a few weeks ago and pulled up next to a 5.0 GT and was admiring how clean it looked and he took that as a challenge I guess . I was driving the cobra, I was thinking "finally, a 5.0 to try out". Well we were going about 30-40 and he trys to take off, I shift into 2nd and it wasn't even close. We slow down and he trys it again, same result. He had his gfriend with him, I almost felt bad for him. It must have been a stock car with aod or something.

------------------
Rick
My 89lx(updated 2/21/2001)
My 97 Cobra