MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-27-2001, 06:47 PM   #21
Fostang
Registered Member

Actually it's vehicular manslaughter. Homicide is the killing of a human being by another human being. manslaugther is the UNLAWFUL killing of human being by another human being WITHOUT malice aforthought. He wasn't planning to commit murder(the unlawful killing of a human being by another human being WITH malice aforthought). It was his negligence and gross negligence behind the wheel that made him commit the crime. just my input.

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 09:19 PM   #22
aurilius_maximus
Registered Member

I agree with Unit... I think we as a society are too apt to point fingers and instill blame. Do I think the guy with the dakota should be puished? Absolutely. Do I think he should spend hard time in prison? Absolutely Not...

------------------
96 Mustang Cobra Blk\Blk Basically Stock...
aurilius_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 10:38 PM   #23
StangDan
Registered Member

Aur, you say he should be punished, and I assume you are a street racer because you post a lot in this forum, and I also assume there have been plenty of times when you were just like that guy in that dakota and you screwed with that rice boy, or you messed with that vette. Well my point is, what happens if it was you? I know there has been plenty of times when I get someone going and think that they are ready to run and then after the light turns I find myself doing 100+ m.p.h. before realizing that he didn't take. Is it his fault he was having "fun" with 13Sec95Vert and he caught bad luck? It can happen to any of us, and every time we race when that light turns green we take the risk that something like that can happen. I truly believe that every time we do race on the street we gamble with the safety of us, our passengers and others. That doesn't mean that I don't contradict myself every time I pull up next to that mustang or rice boy or whatever, but where do we determine when someone should get punished or not?? I just feel that if we were all in the same situation we would feel a lot differently and wheter or not he should get punished is still a matter of opinion (and you are entitled to your opinion), but if you were the guy who t-boned the lady, would you think you should be punised?

[This message has been edited by StangDan (edited 05-27-2001).]
StangDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 12:57 AM   #24
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

"vehicular homicide" Man unit, i always agree with you, it's like i knew you had something for everyone, before i even read it cool like that. but hey fostang, go d/l the streetracing video on this site, the camaro loses control, kills a kid, the narrator of that vid said he would be charged with vehicular homicide, then again that doesnt mean thats what happened, or what he got convicted. man this is a wakeup call definately, some guy at our local cruise spot ate it on a rice rocket doing about 100 mph, he was drinking, but (not racing) just didnt make a turn, a fellow racer in a TT supra rushed him to the hospital, he was very banged up with broke bones, and was wearing (no) helmet (stupid)...

------------------
90 lx coupe: Mac cold air fenderwell, accel supercoil,ADS chip (not yet track tested),3-core radiatr, FMS alum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs, 3chbr flows.
Best time: 13.9116(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 98.17
Best 60': 1.9607

next mods: subframes, mac h-pipe
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 01:59 AM   #25
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Different states have different technical verbage surrounding criminal offenses.

Excessive Acceleration

Unreasonable Acceleration

Unnecessary Acceleration

There is another name for it, dang it, it's in the back of my head. Has do to with showing off. Kinda like Demonstration of Speed or something like that.

In this case, that's probably where the verbage difference between criminal vehicular homicide, and vehicular manslaughter comes into play.

As far as punishing the driver of the Dakota... I'm afraid if you want to drive your car up to 100mph on a city street, you're taking a lot of risks, and you know you're breaking the law. Careless driving must be cited here if you are above 20mph over the speed limit. Driving over 100mph is probably grounds for a reckless. On a hiway, I'd disagree depending on the scenerio. I'd say speeding, reckless driving, and probably reckless endangerment. Not what I'd like to see on my ticket for pulling something like that, but deserved, probably.

[This message has been edited by Unit 5302 (edited 05-28-2001).]
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 09:02 AM   #26
StangDan
Registered Member

In RI you can get a ticket for "due care from stop to start". I got a ticket from a cop one day when I spun them a little in the rain BY ACCIDENT. And if you get caught racing around here you get about 10 violations, no way I could even possibly name them all.
StangDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 10:46 AM   #27
Rev
Registered Member

Hey Unit, I think it's "exhibition of speed" that you're referring to.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 11:19 AM   #28
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Red face

DAM UNIT!! I can't believe i read the whole thing! You pretty much summed it up for a lot of us. I know those were my sentiments also. I have nearly been in countless accidents because some idiot is not paying attention to his/her surroundings. Sorry to hear about the woman passing away, that was sad. Light Em Up!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 02:38 PM   #29
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rev:
Hey Unit, I think it's "exhibition of speed" that you're referring to.

Rev

Whoo Hoo!

Nailed it right on the head, thanks Rev
Old 05-29-2001, 11:26 PM   #30
crewzin
Registered Member

UNIT, I THINK THE TERM YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS (EXHIBITION OF ACCELERATION), THATS WHAT THEY CALL EM IN TEXAS. I WATCHED A BUDDY OF MINE GET ONE OF THOSE FOR DOING DONUTS ON THE BEACH. DAMM THAT COST HIM.
crewzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 12:57 AM   #31
84stangLX

Unit, you rule!

------------------
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
My car
Old 05-31-2001, 08:07 PM   #32
what_import
Registered Member

Here..allow me to put it like this

Now this is for Florida, so it may vary a bit.

"Vehicular Homicide" also known as "manslaughter" is the killing of a human being caused by the operation of a motor vehicle by another by in a reckless manner (i.e.speeding) likely to cause the death of,or great bodily harm to, another.
just keep us in the light.
p.s unless he can prove culpable negligence, well even with that, he still is looking at 3-5(strictly my opinion) and not that of www.mustangworks.com LOL
what_import is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 12:05 AM   #33
Unit 5302
Registered Member

It really all depends on the verbage your state chooses to use.

I'm glad so many people seem to agree with what I'm saying.

Next time your representatives drop in, let them know how you feel, write them a letter.

It doesn't seem fair that we have to go out of our way to protect our rights from crazy's out there, but it's either put in a little more effort than what we should have to, or lose our rights I think at this point.