MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-22-2001, 09:12 AM   #1
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Angry Stupid Sick Pony vs. MX6

Wife and I are gonig over to a buddies house, and we see a riced out MX6.

The guy had a real big fart pipe, the seat belt pads and some stickers and who know what else. He was driving real aggressive in traffic and when the traffic cleared we happen to line up at a set of lights.

I ran him. But my car was running so crappy all I did was stay even with him. Right through to 3rd! I shut down and let the guy go. He flashed his hazards and went on.

WTF?! It was running good earlier and last night it was either running strong with knocking or running with way less timing no knowcking and no power.

This is totally pissing me off. Now some dam ricer in a mazada thinks he can hang with a 5.0 GT. If my car was actually running good I would have won.
I can't believe how inconsistant it is. At lunch I take an LT1 at dinner I hang even with an MX6. WTF?

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 11:46 AM   #2
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Well, you know better than us how well your car was running, but isnt it possible that this was actually a fast ricer. I realize it's rare, but they are out there.

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Bassani X-pipe, Magnaflow Mufflers, Steeda Pulleys, K&N Filter. Steeda Weld in Subframes, Strut Tower brace, Sport Springs, Caster/Camber Plates.

Red 1994 Mustang Cobra #4343
Pulleys, Shorty Headers, K&N filter, short throw shifter.
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 11:53 AM   #3
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Unhappy

No, trust me my car is running like crap. All you have to do is go from a drive and sometimes (this is the frustrating part) you'll feel the car pull pretty good for a near stock stang, then other times, the tach goes up, but it just doesn't pull.

This guy was pretty quick. I haven't been to the track yet, so I don't know what I run but even if my car was running good I would have probably only have beat this guy by a car length or 2 to about 70 mph.

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
Old 08-22-2001, 11:01 PM   #4
Fostang
Registered Member

I think it's time for a tranny rebuild or hopefully just a clutch change.

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 11:09 PM   #5
I hate Rice
Registered Member

Hey pal, your topic title is screwed up. it should be sick pony -v- stupid mx6 cuase last time i checked no pony was ever *stupid*

treat it with respect and it will treat to some sweet kills. Just my .02.

------------------
97 Mustang GT Convertible

The standard Cheap mods but no pullies
I hate Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 11:22 PM   #6
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by I hate Rice:
Hey pal, your topic title is screwed up. it should be sick pony -v- stupid mx6 cuase last time i checked no pony was ever *stupid*

treat it with respect and it will treat to some sweet kills. Just my .02.

I know, it's just getting frustrating. I finally have $500 saved for gears and pulleys, but I have to solve this detonation problem first. Plus I hate to lose to MX6's

But you are right, no pony is stupid, unless it is riced out, but then it's not the cars fault...
Old 08-23-2001, 08:44 AM   #7
lyonsd
Registered Member

See what, if any, codes are in your EEC-IV.
lyonsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2001, 10:41 AM   #8
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lyonsd:
See what, if any, codes are in your EEC-IV.
I have a thread going in Windsor power, check it out, maybe you could help with some recommendations?

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
Old 08-23-2001, 07:05 PM   #9
66 Racer
Registered Member

Ah man, tell me about it, my neighbor thinks his stock 95 civic is so sweet, its only lowered too. He INSISTED on racing even though i was in BAD need of a clutch. Well, I got no traction on the take off since my rear tires were on some train tracks, cought up to him and stayed even through 3rd, darn 3 spd tranny. Well, he said he SMOKED me and all this crap, so a few days later we go race again, this is like the day before i go to the shop to get a clutch.

We were on this empty street at like 2am, we go and i leave him behind, his front bumper was on my rear, i shut down a while after, a sharp 90 degree turn would have wiped me out, and he STILL tells all the guys he smoked me, next time im taking witnesses, and someone to sit in the back for extra weight in the rear, heh heh.

By the way, when i got to see my clutch, it was so worn, it was down to the rivets, that guy is in for a surprise next time with my CF dual friction.

------------------
Under Construction 66 Coupe
-289 V8 - 600cfm Holley -Tri-Y Headers - Flowmaster 2.5 dual exaust, Centerforce Dual Friction

[This message has been edited by 66 Racer (edited 08-23-2001).]
66 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2001, 08:07 PM   #10
fastang
Registered Member

Lesson learned, dont race anyone when your car isnt running correctly, it just sets you up for that type of bullshit.

Cam, I think its your CPU alltogther. If your car has under 80,000 miles its under warranty and should be looked at for free. Take it to the dealer.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, milled heads, 355's K&N, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 08:47 AM   #11
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fastang:
...Cam, I think its your CPU alltogther. If your car has under 80,000 miles its under warranty and should be looked at for free. Take it to the dealer.

? Is there a special warranty for the computer?

------------------
1995 Mustang GT