MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-23-2001, 11:19 PM   #21
Big&bad89rag

Cool

Damn dude, im 17 too, and if I made 8 bucks an hour Id be runnin 12's by now...

j/k- yeah It kinda sucks having an auto car, wish I would have waited for a good five speed car, but hey, I should have mine swapped over to T-5 soon enough...

------------------
Old 08-24-2001, 06:43 AM   #22
I hate Rice
Registered Member

Hey big&bad I am from EasterN Kansas. Do you know of any huge racing spots in Johnson county and how are the local stips around here.

------------------
97 Mustang GT Convertible

The standard Cheap mods but no pullies
I hate Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 04:46 PM   #23
Nic92LXConv50
Registered Member

Quote:
Get a shift kit and a converter
I was waiting for someone to throw that in! With a good converter (like PI as someone suggested), 4.10's, and some sticky tires (go with Nitto's if you can't afford an extra set of wheels) you'll knock almost a whole second off your 1/4 mile time.

Now, as a lot of people have suggested...get a set of 99+ heads and intake and you're well on your way.

Throw some N20 in the mix and you might be close to the WS6.

Try and be realistic about this goal...you've got the worst platform to start with out of all 3 of the cars mentioned. Like you said, it's going to take a little bit at a time and you're going to have to plan ahead to make sure everything's matched right.

I'd start with the converter and gears first and then go with the 99+ heads/intake and top it off with the N20. Can't say for sure how close that'll get you to the WS6, but you won't be too far behind and if he's your typical 16-17 year old driver (ie. inexperienced) you ought to be ahead of him.

------------------
1989 LX 5.0 Coupe
13.30's @ 106.7 while doing the aod shuffle...needs gear and converter.
1992 LX 5.0 Convertible

Moderator SN95.com, Stangtec.com
Nic92LXConv50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 04:52 PM   #24
I hate Rice
Registered Member

Red face

Bad news. The GSX guy has a friend, andy that actually knows what he is talking about. He is putting on a 16G turbo w/ intercooler system plus exhuast. Where would that put him in relation to me. How many seconds. What do you think his times will be. Fourtionatly he isnt the best driver. Thanks.

------------------

Old 08-24-2001, 05:04 PM   #25
cvenom96
Registered Member

I agree with everyone however I don't think you should hollow out the cats. The 4.6l cars don't approve of the abscense of converters. My Cobra took all of about 1 mile to figure out they weren't there and threw the "check engine" light. I have also heard that when this happens the car immediately pulls timing and you drop about 15hp. If you do remove the cats in one way or another, you can get "MIL Eliminators" that compensate for the converters being gone. They simply plug into the O2 sensors and change the voltage back to where it should be. You can also get a new chip that has this programmed into it. Sorry I got long winded on this one.
cvenom96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 06:45 PM   #26
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Cool

The GSX is probably pulling real low 15's, real high 14's stock. Adding a bigger turbo and an intercooler to the car will probably drop him down into the 13's.

Regardless, I don't think your performance enhancement plan should change. Driveline first, like it was pointed out, a PI Stallion converter and 4.10's along with a shift kit can easily knock tons of time off your 1/4.

You'll need the engine mods to play with the Eclipse and WS6, just know the girls will all like your drop top better.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2001, 12:36 AM   #27
I hate Rice
Registered Member

Cool

Yea, the GSX guy and I did a little racing tonight and it was really fun. The first run I lost cuase I had just finished putting up my top and the light changed plus I wasnt able to power brake. The second run was a little better but I was power braking around 1100. We only raced to 35 because the light only a couple hundred yards away turned red. From that light was when my true colors came out. Launched at 1500 no peeling out just a little hop to the left. Not only did I beat him in the end but I also beat him right of the line. So more or less we are 1 and 1 due to his lack of skills.

Also I have an automatic and is shifting by going 1-2-D bad for my tranny?

------------------

Old 08-25-2001, 04:25 PM   #28
danl
Registered Member

Heres how you beat the gsx. Ask him to race in your current state of tune. You will most likley loose if you're stock, but tell him you got a bad launch. Keep making excuses to keep racing. After about 10 hard launches the center diff should be getting weak, and hopefully put his car outta comission. If the car doesen't run, its not faster than yours And the WS6, well...........NOS or FI is all I gotta say.

------------------
'90 Eclipse GS Turbo
danl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 10:47 AM   #29
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Cool

In case anyone is curious:

With a 8lb P1SC, catted X-pipe and MAC exhaust, my 98 GT put out 294 rwhp with STOCK heads and intake.

With Motorsport heads and intake: 380+ rwhp

Just for some info...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote