MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-05-2001, 09:19 AM   #1
7000rpmisheaven
Registered Member

Default Friends don't let friends burn rice

I was drving down the road yesterday and I saw one of those hooked up honda civics. Among the ground effects and big a**hole it had one of those spoilers that stands a foot high. I don't know why I had never thought of it before. The civic is of course a front wheel drive car. Maybe somebody can back me up on this. Doesn't this render the spoiler nearly useless. I may be wrong in this, but in this case wouldn't the drag created by the spoiler actually do more harm than good.
Anyways, I'm driving home from work in my 84 firebird. now my firebird is a V7 with a 4bbl carb and 200K miles. I pull up next to this civic and I can see that he's got a monster tach and a fire extinguisher on the inside. We were on the highway doing about 65 and I here him drop gears. Feeling somewhat challenged I drop out of overdrive and give the old bird all she's got. To my own amazment I watch the civic steadily drift behind me. I can hear his motor racing but he doesn't seem to be picking up any speed.
I'm not trying to brag about my car. I'm not even trying saying I've got any driving skills. I'm just saying that honda's suck.
milodon water pump, FMS 9mm wires, aluminum driveshaft, king cobra clutch
7000rpmisheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 10:06 AM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Thumbs up

yes they do!, good kill

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 10:28 AM   #3
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Thumbs up

A simple yet good story .

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 10:31 AM   #4
89mustang
Registered Member

Good kill,

I have an old T/A and i have yet to find a civic that can run with it, and its a 305. keep up the good work!

Old ride: 89 mustang LX with a paxton NOVI 1000 strapped to the 5.0 with a 3.55 rearend.

" FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS DRIVE IMPORTS!"
89mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 07:51 PM   #5
inferno
The Instigator

If you guys are ever in California, I would love to show you Hondas that don't suck. Don't condemn all for the acts of some....if I did that I would think that all Mustang and Camaro owners live in trailer parks and had mullets.
Old 12-05-2001, 08:17 PM   #6
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

I have to say most imports suck, mainly hondas. but inferno is right i seen some hondas take out mustangs and camaros. The ones around here (STL) my dads car can take out. My dad has a 99 Hyundai sonata v-6 and for a family car it dusts hondas and can keep up with si, but wont beat it
Old 12-06-2001, 12:55 AM   #7
BowTie Eater 5 Liter
Registered Member

Location: Maple Ridge B.C. Canada, The Best Place In The World

Mullet's Rule!!!
1984 Bronco II, 36" Michelin Military Tires, 95 EFI 5.0, NP435 Tranny, NP208 Doubler, NP205 Transfer Case, Fill Size Solid Dana 44 Front End, WH Progressive Rate Rock Crawling Coils, Bronco 8.8 Rear, Skyjacker Softride Leafs, 5.13 Gears, Detroit Locker. Final Crawl Ratio Of 175:1

88 GT
Best 60ft. 2.181
Best ET 14.350
Best MPH 98.01
~WRECKED!!!!~
BowTie Eater 5 Liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 03:12 AM   #8
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Quote:
Anyways, I'm driving home from work in my 84 firebird. now my firebird is a V7 with a 4bbl carb and 200K miles.
You'll have to tell me more about this top secret prototype V7.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 08:21 AM   #9
7000rpmisheaven
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by OnMy3rdStang
I have to say most imports suck, mainly hondas. but inferno is right i seen some hondas take out mustangs and camaros.

Sure, some honda's will go fast. But why spend two or three grand to make a honda beat a stock mustang GT. Spend that money supercharging a mustang GT or Cobra and beat most street cars period.
Old 12-06-2001, 11:04 PM   #10
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

V7...that was pretty clever my friend....hehe...made me laugh though....
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 02:24 AM   #11
inferno
The Instigator

Quote:
Originally posted by 7000rpmisheaven

Sure, some honda's will go fast. But why spend two or three grand to make a honda beat a stock mustang GT. Spend that money supercharging a mustang GT or Cobra and beat most street cars period.
Here we go again...we all can do the price game, but what it really comes down to is preference.....I prefer imports, you prefer Mustangs.
Old 12-07-2001, 09:14 AM   #12
7000rpmisheaven
Registered Member

Default preference

I once saw a Honda CRX run 9's. But it had a turbocharged Hemi motor in the back. I can appreciate a car that has been worked on. If you did alot of work to your car and now it goes fast, thats great. Its the same love for cars with a different preference.
My attitude comes from what I see most of around here. The guys around here buy the ground effects, huge spoilers, fake stickers, and trick exhaust. Then I have to listen to them talk trash about mustangs and camaros all day.
Or they buy a honda civic and the first mod they do is a blower or nitrous. My neighbor was one of these. Playfully I would make fun of his honda being slow. He saved for 6 months and bought a turbochargeing kit for it. He had someone else install cause he klnows nothing about cars. And two weeks later he blows it up.
It just gets on my nerves when I see cars with no performance modifications covered with racing stickers.
Old 12-07-2001, 09:24 AM   #13
7000rpmisheaven
Registered Member

Default preference

I once saw a Honda CRX run 9's. But it had a turbocharged Hemi motor in the back. I can appreciate a car that has been worked on. If you did alot of work to your car and now it goes fast, thats great. Its the same love for cars with a different preference.
My attitude comes from what I see most of around here. The guys around here buy the ground effects, huge spoilers, fake stickers, and trick exhaust. Then I have to listen to them talk trash about mustangs and camaros all day.
Or they buy a honda civic and the first mod they do is a blower or nitrous. My neighbor was one of these. Playfully I would make fun of his honda being slow. He saved for 6 months and bought a turbochargeing kit for it. He had someone else install cause he klnows nothing about cars. And two weeks later he blows it up.
It just gets on my nerves when I see cars with no performance modifications covered with racing stickers.
Old 12-08-2001, 02:06 AM   #14
TheSloAod
Registered Member

i dont understand why what people do with their money bothers everyone. if they can put ground effects and a 2 foot spoiler, or save money for 6 months to buy a turbo and have some one else put it on then more power to them. even "fly bys" dont bother me, if a honda flew by me- i would laugh... but i wouldn't think about racing 99% of the hondas around here. i would be embarassed if i told one of my friends i raced a honda, unless it had alot of work done
Old 12-08-2001, 09:20 PM   #15
JRowlette
Registered Member

Yeah, I hate every picnic table wearing honda also, but as inferno said, there are a few here that are pretty quick.
For exmaple, when I was at the track a few weeks ago, I was sitting in the staging lanes when I look over and see a little red Nissan Sentra that has a pair of small slicks on the front. I thought WTF is this guy thinking. Keep in mind, this car looks completely stock(no fart pipe, wing, aftermarket wheels,stickers,etc.) Well he ended up running one group in front of me so I paid attention when he ran and he clicked off a 13.4 !!! I couldn't believe it. Turns out he had a turbo. He would have spanked my a**!! I am glad I didn't have to run him because I would have been pretty embarassed.
This is in addition to a mid-12 sec crx and a 500hp,10sec eclipse that I have seen at the track.
Now don't get me wrong, I hate imports just as much as anybody, but there are a select few you have to watch out for, and it's usually the ones without the stickers and park benches.
Just my .02
JRowlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 10:30 PM   #16
bri32z
street racing junkie

Imports are ok. Heck I drive one on trips. Infinity g20. But why the heck mount a picnic table on the back end and put a 15" sh!t pipe on, 8 thousand stickers and just ruin a car? WHY? These mods do not add HP. Inclosing riced out cars are fugly as hel!!
bri32z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 04:41 AM   #17
inferno
The Instigator

Quote:
Originally posted by bri32z
Imports are ok. Heck I drive one on trips. Infinity g20.
Cool. The SR20DE is a cool motor. Responds well to mods. If you want, I can suggest a neat build-up that will make a nice little sleeper.
Old 12-09-2001, 10:13 AM   #18
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Honda's Generally suck for speed. There a fuel economy car. Now if ya do some crazy engine swaps, and turbo chargers, and a whole **** load of stuff to make it quick it can become quick cause they are small light cars. But I just love the ones that think if they add a big *** tac, some cool stickers, Lights, and 1 bookshelf spoiler it will become quick.
I love them though, it takes so little to shut them up.

Good Job,
I love all domestic cars, Camaro's, Firebird's, Mustang's (My Fav.) because I'm in the fight agaist imports.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 10:37 AM   #19
bri32z
street racing junkie

Quote:
Cool. The SR20DE is a cool motor. Responds well to mods. If you want, I can suggest a neat build-up that will make a nice little sleeper.
Na I think the wife does just fine driving a slow car. EVERYTIME she drives mine she wrecks the thing. So the less power she has the better. But thanks for looking out for me.
One question. What is your idea of a cool ricer? Does your car have all the riced out basic mods? If so, why do you thionk it is cool? If not (just engine mods) you are on the right track as far as I am concerned. I am not dissing you personaly, just curious why ricers mess up cars.
bri32z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 12:16 AM   #20
inferno
The Instigator

I don't like ricers. I hate those people who make all import enthusiasts look bad with their bad taste. I personally wouldn't do any cosmetic mods until after I had done some performance mods.