MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-02-2001, 12:58 PM   #1
Rocket 99GT
Registered Member

Talking Racing against me

I went to a big empty parking lot and I was trying to see how long will it take from 0 to 60. I couldn't check the time because when I let rip the car was pulling to the right and I kept fighting with the steering wheel to keep the car strait (is this normal?).
I asked my mechanic about this, he said that I was running the RPM to high (which is true as I would change gears only when the niddle was about to touch the red). He said that the car also did that because the tires were spinning to much and he adviced me no to make the tires spin so much and not to RPM the car so high.
Do you think that what the mechanic is saying is true or could it be that there is something wrong with the car for pulling to the right as such speed.

............................................99GT…r ear sway bar (adjustable), rear lower control arm, traction bars, tokiko struts illumina 5 position, tokiko shocks, strut tower brace, caster camber plates, racing lower springs, 3:73, underdrive pulleys. NOW I WILL ADD POWER.
Rocket 99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 03:15 PM   #2
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

if your mechanic is your dealer... don't tell him you are doing this!

Allthough you have bought a sports car, they don't want you to drive it like one!

If it's dry and the weather is decent warm, my car does not pull at all... if it's slightly cold... then it's all over the road when I launch.

Little tip, don't rev at 6000rpm... shift at 5500 to 5700rpm... you will get better accelaration times.

------------------
Lizard King, Bone Stock; 13.69 at 101MPH
Extreme Burnout
2000GT VS LS1
Quartermile run
2000GT vs LX Stang

Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 03:56 PM   #3
dinomite
The Dude

Ya, spinning the tires isn't good for your wallet or times.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 03:11 AM   #4
Motorhead302
Registered Member

does it pull just driving normally?

no offense, but you did get a new alignment after installing the suspension parts, right?
that could definitely be the problem if not

------------------
95 GT
Pulleys, headers, off road, 3.55's, Tremec 3550, Cobra Clutch
14.4's @ 96mph before exhaust
Beats auto LS1's after
Visit my homepage

Motorhead302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 10:56 AM   #5
Rocket 99GT
Registered Member

Yes I did a alingment and under normal drive conditions it does not pull ither way.
However I called my brother who is a transmission mechanic what he told me is that in order to keep the front of the car strait have to grab the pavement.
I think my problem is the tires I have which are michelin PILOT XGT-Z4 (245x16) this tires are great for the snow and rain but oviously are not good for racing. I guess when refering to tires we can never have everything.
...........................................99GT…re ar sway bar (adjustable), rear lower control arm, traction bars, tokiko struts illumina 5 position, tokiko shocks, strut tower brace, caster camber plates, racing lower springs, 3:73, underdrive pulleys. NOW I WILL ADD POWER.
Rocket 99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 09:13 AM   #6
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

Those tires are great tires. Even though they don't have that ultra-agressive "look", they have about as good of traction as you will get with daily driven tires. I had tose same tires on my stang, and they are awsome tires. Don't compromise your ride quality, handling, and rain traction just for a very little increase in straight line traction.

If you need all out traction, grab an extra 2 16" wheels, and then throw some NItto drag radials on them.

------------------
2001 SVT Lightning (red): Many mods to come- Let the Vette killer begin to take shape

1997 Thunderbird 4.6L: Dynomax exhaust, Mustang intake tube, SVT Lightning 80mm MAF, Accufab MAF adapter, 7" Auto-physics powerstack filter, ram air, B&M 24,000GVW trans cooler, Custom chip, FMS 9mm wires, many more to come...

No Longer own: 91 LX 5.0L 5 spd
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote