MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-06-2001, 01:11 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Post Supposed to run against guy at work.

One of the fellow managers at Fed-Ex Ground has a 98 Cobra. He used to have a 2000 Z-28 till I beat him in my 2000 GT, he sold that and bought the Cobra.

I already beat him once in his Cobra. It wasnt even really close, mainly because he doesnt know how to drive.

Well, he came back from a months long Fed Ex university and said he put some gears and "Stuff" on his car. All the other guys at work know I love to race, and are egging on me and Brad (the guy with the Cobra) to race Saturday after the meeting were supposed to attend.

Oh, something else. He told he put 4:10s in his car. He came to work today saying he got a warning ticket, going 66 in a 60 zone. Brad swore up and down to the cop that the car said 60, (he got off easy because the cop followed him for several miles and Brad said he wouldnt speed if he knew a cop was behind him).

What I'm getting at is, he obviuosly doesnt have gears, just flashy Cobra R rims. If he had 4:10's his speedometer would of been reading faster than his actual speed, not slower. He just blew away any intimidation factor that might of existed. He thinks I'm going to punk down since hes saying he's got gears. I dont punk down to a race, he doesnt know that yet.

I'm really looking foward to putting on a show for the guys at work. One of them said he'll even bring his digital Camcorder, I'll get a copy and post it some how. I'll have to see if anyone started betting yet, and I'd like to see what they say the odds are. Heheheehehheheheheehhe. COme on Saturday.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 01:40 AM   #2
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Im sure we'd all love to see the clip of you guys racing. Be sure to post it if you can. What mods have you done again? Good Luck!

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Magnaflow Catback, K&N
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 02:00 AM   #3
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Stoplight Warrior.

I forgot to post my Sig. I beat him twice already in my 2000 GT. It doesnt have any mods, its bone stock.

I'm debating on pulling my Old Iron out and racing him in that, my 64 1/2. Im really tempted to bring out the beast. That is once I buy a Mallory Vacuum advance chamber, mine has a dry rotted, fallen apart diaghram and doesnt advance crap. Yeah, that nice big bog when the throttle is stepped on and the secondarys open, doesnt help much in a race.

Everyone wants to see me run him in my 2000 though. They dont believe I beat him in his Z28, or his Cobra. Brad even admited that I beat his Z28, but said he beat me when I raced his Cobra. That wasnt the case, he was about a little over a car length and half from my rear bumper by the end of third gear (about 90-100 Mph). That was with me not taking it to serouisly, I dumped into second and spun, and did the same going into third, and shifting alittle early.

I'm going to give him the full thing Saturday though, no holding back, balls to the wall, 99-100%. I'm going to pound his ego for saying he beat me, a 100% bold face lie.

------------------
64 1/2 Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, 3:1 rear gear. Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 windsor valves, high side of 10.5:1 comp, 1.7:1 sled rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, autolite 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. And to many others to list

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd.

64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe. Auto. project car.
Old 04-06-2001, 06:26 PM   #4
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Umm...he could have gotten gears and got the speedo gear installed with them(a lot of people do), in which case his speedo shouldn't be off too much, if any...

------------------
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34 mph before the headers and hpipe
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 07:21 PM   #5
Nitrous Al
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Mercury, go to your local tire store and pick up some BFG Drag radials for the race. He won't be able to tell the difference anyway. That will make him sell the Cobra and buy a 2000 GT like yours.
Nitrous Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 07:48 PM   #6
fastang
Registered Member

Merc, how did you beat a 00 LS1 Z28 with a stock GT? Is this guy THAT bad of a driver?

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, 355's K&N, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 10:58 PM   #7
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

FivePointOH. I know you can get corrective speedo gears, but This guy doesnt know crap about cars, he wouldnt know that gears throw a speedo off, or much less what to get if he did notice. All he cares is that it looks good (well in his opinion), hes a ricer, not a racer. Hes done this before.

As for the 2000 Z28. I've raced a few, as far as I can tell they've all been auto's. I havent been beat by one of them yet. I'm not BS ing, or lying, You can ask several of the memebers here that cruise with me. Those 99-2000 Z28's arent as big and bad as everyone thinks they are. Hell, one of the guys who's a big chevy fan I know even says there not as fast as everyone claims. His friend has a 2000 Z28 with T-tops and auto, he cant get any better than 13.9, and his average is 14.01.

A guy at the hangout owns a 98 Trans-Am Ram Air wont race me in my 2000 GT. I know my car isnt a freak from the factory because TimC can keep up in his 99GT, and Its relativiely Stock.

As For Brad and the race we are supposed to be having, he called me to say someone backed into his car at a parking lot today. He's not sure if he'll bring it because his Dad may have the car taken to a body shop to get the rear bumper fixed. Yeah...Sure...Once again he bails out. I'll really be surprised if he drives it out there tommorrow. I'm keeping my Fingers crossed though.

------------------
64 1/2 Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, 3:1 rear gear. Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 windsor valves, high side of 10.5:1 comp, 1.7:1 sled rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, autolite 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. And to many others to list

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd.

64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe. Auto. project car.