MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-04-2001, 02:07 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Post Tired of people Chickening out. Race Darnit.

Well, TimC and I got another Satruday night cruising friend. We now stalk the streets of Fayettville with 3. Tim in his mooded red 99 35th Aniv GT, me in my red 2000 GT or red 64 1/2, and the new guy Ralph with his Black 2001 GT.

We were out cruising Saturday and had several people wimp out. Ticks me off. I had a chance to show up a newer FireBird TransAm infront of some girl in a Merceedes. He was revving and sped weaving in and out of traffic to catch me at a light. I eased it out of the hole and floored it, shifting early at 5000 RPM to see if he'd take the bait. He didnt, he wimped out. The girl in the Merceedes was more of a race. Me and TimC were rather dissapointed. He acted like he wanted to race.

Next was later on that night. We were stuck in traffic when I noticed a 2001 Roush GT ( I know the Stage 2s arent anything but hey) He was revving and getting all on it while me, TimC and Ralph were stuck in Traffic, but I was able to weave and dodge in and out and get to him finally. Man was I ready to show up his 45,000 dollar machine. I was ready to pounce. I give him a toothy sinister looking grin for a second, then he shakes his head No. He cuts Across three lanes of traffic while slamming the brakes on to get away. He almost got his car rearended by Some SUV. Tim C asked what I did to scare him so bad. I didnt do nothing. Maybe he didnt want his High Dollar ride to get shown up by a Low Dollar, plain Jane GT.

Does anyone else have this problem? Tim and I have a reputation going on in Fayetteville but dang, I thought people would want to run us more.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 02:22 AM   #2
white00GT
Registered Member

I know exactley to a T what you are talking about. I get the samethings all the time...I'm stuck in traffic people trash talking with pipes, and when I get beside them.....it's like it never happened, they turn tail and run. I had it happen to me the other day when I was coming back to school after a weekend of being home. On one of the back roads that I take (have never in my life of driving the road seen a cop) I came up on a 99GT, now mind you this is a open road with long as you can see straights, thats why I take it it's a bit quicker running 100-120 that the 60 on the main roads. When I got up on the GT he slowed way down to 10mph, I just stayed right behind him to see what he was going to do, wasn't sure if he was turning or not. Then he smoked the ELL out of his tires right infront of me. O was rather pissed about the fact so I stomped it in 1st turning 1200 and instantly blew the tires off, and blew around him spinning. Once I got infront I got out of it to let him get back beside me to line up when he ran past me and turned on the road about 30ft. up. That is just one of my resent experiances if thats what your looking for . Just must can't get no good races anymore.

------------------
2000 Mustang GT
white00GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 05:37 PM   #3
Rev
Registered Member

Same thing happened to me the other day. A guy in a late model Thunderbird was driving aggressively and weaving in and out of traffic. He pulled into the left lane and blew by me and weaved in and out some more. I did speed up and eventually caught up and we were gonna catch a light. My heart started pumping like it always does when I'm gettig ready to race. He's in the right lane and I'm in the left as we approach the red light. Right before we get to it, what does he do but turn right into a parking lot of a strip center? The T-bird would have been an easy kill and I probably would have been criticized for smoking him. But hey, he was asking for it and then did chicken out just as those mentioned earlier.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 07:32 PM   #4
fastang
Registered Member

I seriously beat a late model Tbird in a stick 87 1.8 VW Golf GT! Those things arent too quick. But it sure sounds like this guy needed an azz whoopin.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, 355's K&N, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 10:01 PM   #5
1mintlx

Cool

Sort of the same situation here in NY. All big talking, loud exhaust (mostly 4-banger imports) and no action. It's pretty dissapointing. It's either racing the same guys over and over, or just waiting for some new fresh meat from out of town to drive through. I feel your pain!

------------------
'90 LX 5.0; 12K original miles (no sh*&); 3.55 gears; pulleys; Edelbrock Performer Heads;
BBK shorties; MSD 6AL ignition system; Motorsport E303 cam; 75 MAF; 70 TB; Eibach spring kit;
Southside sub-connectors; K&N cone filter charger; Hurst shifter; fiberglass cowl hood; A/C-less;
rear seat-less; cat-less; Flomasters; Corbeau racing seats (fronts); 12.513 @ 108 mph
Old 04-05-2001, 04:13 PM   #6
Rev
Registered Member

Can you believe another one chickened out today? This was no wussy car. It was An LS1 Z28. We were on the feeder road to the beltway, at least 3 lanes. This guy would speed up to 80-90 and let me try to catch him in traffic, but would never get next to me so we could go from a roll or try to catch a light. I went up to 80 or so to catch him and slowed to 40 to let him get next to me. Every time he pulled into a lane with traffic rather than line up. This was an LS1 with Borla exhaust that wouldn't line up against a '66 Mustang. I would understand if he just didn't want to race, but the only time he would do anything was when he knew I couldn't. Then he would run up to 80 or so with me stuck in traffic. Very frustrating. What a wuss. He probably would have won anyway, but who knows for sure?

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 03:39 PM   #7
white00GT
Registered Member

I had another turn tail today. I was on the interstat (I-20) on my way back to my friends college in Clinton from Columbia. My friends was following my and low and behold here comes a brandnew 01 red GT. Some black dude was driving hand guess he though he had something. He lines up beside me and I downshifted to 4th and was waiting on him. He looked over at me and punched it. I jumped on it and blew bast him. I slowed down to wait on him, and he dove across 3 lanes of traffic to jump on the exit. WHF!!!!!! Can I not get anybody to race me....AAAHHHH

------------------
2000 Mustang GT
white00GT is offline   Reply With Quote