MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-09-2001, 06:12 PM   #21
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Alright. This is a lame story, doesn't compare to you guys', but anyway:

Back in the mid 90's myself and 2 other friends go out in a friends '96 5-speed manual Maxima (3 of us total). He's got the 5,10...or whatever inch tip on the car's exhaust pipe and we're trying to get a race with whatever. No one want to race us (go figure . Well, we finally get up next this '95-96 Z28 with some woman driver and passenger. We never really got a good race (gladly), but were weaving in an out of traffic. But then the blue lights come on behind us and where thinking o crap.

Deputy pulled us over and everybody was throwing out all these dumb excuses like "they flicked us off" (the passanger girl actually did, heh, heh), and "we were just going to see our friend" who was another deputy, but none of those LAME, UNIMAGINATIVE, excuses worked. Hmmmm?

The deputy mentioned something about racing which totally mystified all of us as to why he would mention such a thing .
He was all nice and engaged in some small talk with us so we thought it was all good. Then he came back with a ticket for doing 62 in a 45. (glad i wasn't driving ).

The thing that sucks for my friend was that the previous few days before that Saturday night, me and my other friend persuaded him that as long as we were careful, nothing like this would happen as he didn't want to come out there (b/c he didn't want to get thrown in jail for street racing). And then this happened.

--------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup w/ 4" Cowl
Stock 5.8L, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 CFM, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear end w/ 3.55 gears
14 x 4" K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to
Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body

[This message has been edited by Fox Body (edited 04-09-2001).]
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 09:07 PM   #22
thebean311
Registered Member

I'll go ahead and add my story to the mix. I don't know if this qualifies as a race, because this happened back when I used to drive a '94 Ford Aspire. I know, I know...the words race and Aspire don't even belong in the same sentence.

Anyway, it was 2:00am, and a group of us (about 9) had just finished eating a late snack at the local denny's. We were driving back to campus when my friend just punched it. He was in a 1982-1986 nissan something, and another friend was in a stock '94 civic that he had beaten to hell. After my nissan friend passed me, I stood on it to catch up to him. My Civic friend comes tearing out of the parking lot, gets air, and bottoms out on the road. It was cool, all these sparks came out.

Well, after smashing the bottom of his car, my Civic friend backs off and leaves myself and the nissan to race our econo-power houses. We're on a residential road, and get up to about 75mph. I was in the wrong lane trying to pass. We approach this stop sign up ahead where the road Ts off...you have to turn either right or left. As I approach the stop sign, I only slow down enough to powerslide through without flipping the car (about 30mph). As I am sliding through the turn, I see two headlights pointed at me. Someone had been sitting at the stop sign waiting for us to pass. My friend banks hard right, since he didn't want to hit me. Well, after I get out of the slide, I take off again, looking in the rear view the whole time. I see the car turn around, and then the red and blues come on. I'm freaking out at this point, thinking I'm going to go to jail for sure. I almost smashed the hell out of that cop! I decided that I could probably get my car parked and lights turned off before he could catch me, so I punch it again to outrun the po-po. I powerslide through a second stop sign to get into the parking lot ASAP. As I slide around that second curve, I see a SECOND cop sitting right there. His lights go on immediately. My roommate is in the car with me, and he is really freaked out at this point, too. The second cops lights go on, and I slow down to find a spot to pull over.

After I pulled over, the cop puts his search light on me and tells me to open the door from the outside and get out of the car. He makes me put my hands on the hood, the whole 9 yards. He didn't cuff me though. He makes me sit there while the first cop I almost killed drives over. The first cop had already 'dealt' with my Nissan friend. Both cops approach me, and ask me what in the hell I thought i was doing. At this point, I just sucked it up and told them flat out that I was racing my friend and that it would never happen again.

The two went off to talk amongst themselves, came back to where I was standing, and said that I was free to go. They said that they realized that we were young and stupid, that it was really late at night, and that he could tell that I had learned my lesson. I got off scott free!

felony speeding (tripling the speed limit) + running two stop signs + one nearly killed cop = scott free!
thebean311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 02:50 AM   #23
StreetRacin89Stang
Registered Member

Well i live in a small suburban town in northern CA (60,000) so there isnt much for the cops to do but pull kids over. So one night me and 2 kids i know from local highschools happen to be at In and Out burger at 12:30am. One has a 90 S/C with moderate mods and another has a 94 5.0 with a saleen kit 18's and its loud as *****. Ive heard about these cars but i think i can take them.

We all take off hauling *** down a two lane road toward a business district, 3 lanes in each direction.

We get pretty sideways around a right hand turn form the two lane road to the large 6 lane and get side by side by side at about 40 and all take off at about the same time.

The saleen Absolutely Roars but i pull like crazy and the S/C falls by the wayside as we fly over an overpass and down the other side. At about 100 I shut it down and we all slow into a triangle formation with the S/C in the middle lane in front and the saleen and I on each side back a car length.

I think we all saw the red and blues at the same time and we all started braking. The cop pulled up into the middle of us three and was obvioulsy trying to get us all to stop. We were at about 25 now and the S/C starts to pull over and the cop starts to slow but not follow and we both slow not letting him behind us. A couple seconds later the cop pulls to the right to follow the S/C and i hear the '94 roar up to WOT so I figure why not and I do the same, luckly the S/C pulled down a side street so the cop couldnt pursue us. The cop and the saleen disappeared quickly.

I heard from my friend in the S/C later that the cop was at the intersection we slid through and the cop didnt give him a ticket because the other two racers had "evaded him." Lucky us.

------------------
89 5.0 GT White w/Blue Racing Stripes
K&N, 73mm Mass Air, Ported and Polished Stock Heads, E303 Cam, MAC equal Length Headers, Off Road H-Pipe, Borla Mufflers, Sway Bars, Strut Tower Brace, Subframe Connectors, Eibach Springs, Koni Adjustables/Reds, Pony 5 Stars, 1000 Watt JL Audio System, No P/S , No Smog Pump
StreetRacin89Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 01:19 PM   #24
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Thumbs up

StreetRacin: That's a great story! What town are you from in the Bay? I'll have to keep an eye out for your stang.

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Magnaflow Catback, K&N
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 10:25 PM   #25
JP85gt
Registered Member

Cool

I thank God for it but i ran a ricer to 135 on the juice *175 shot* a cop was right behind us *lights off* watching plum to 135 THEN it scared me i ran pulled 20 cars on him then lost it on some water and dirt goin into a corner the cop comes up scared as i was and asked if we was ok cussed me and my friend out and let me completely go. Just watch it guys. Know where your racing and the area around it . If the chase last with you in his sights for over 4 minutes the copter is not far behind and id just pull over because if theres just one cop and he knows you stopped when you could have kep going you might skip jail. If you KNOW you can hide and pull enough on him to hide go for it if theres no red lights.Dont run red lights guys that stuff is bad news God be with you all as the weather is warming.
JP85gt is offline   Reply With Quote