MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-28-2001, 04:52 PM   #1
82 GT
Import Slayer

Post police chases

Has anyone ever watches those police chase videos on the Fox network on Friday nights?
Last week they were chasing this guy with a turbo charges AWD Eclipse. WOW, do those things fly!! This guy was taking corners on back roads at 122mph and then hit 140+ on the open straight aways. Hell, they had to call out the police LX mustang for this one and even then the eclipse made it look silly at times, especially on the corners. The only reason they caught the guy was because his car broke down. Wouldn't that suck?
You're kicking the cops *** and your car breaks down!
Some of those guys lead the cops on a wild goose chase....it's funny sometimes.
The teenage kids give the best chases because they don't care about anything or anyone.

------------------
'82 GT 351W,BBK shorties,
Comp Cam,edelbrock intake
625 cfm carter carb. c-4 tranny w/ pro stick shifter. 4 core radiator
Mallory distributor. 3:27

82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 06:43 PM   #2
WHITECOBRAGIRL94
Registered Member

Yeah, I watch them sometimes.
Crazy stuff. Last week they
were showing some new v6
stang covert running from the
police 4.6's. It was
hillarious. But made me think
that maybe the new v6's
handle better cause he was
swerving through traffic with
no problems.
WHITECOBRAGIRL94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 07:34 PM   #3
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Yea, I was watching on one time and this cop was chasing a Thunderbird S/C (the view was from inside the cop car) and the bird jumped a curb. Well the cop went around and by the time he did the S/C was only a spot in the distance and I thouht to myself no way is a crown vic gonna catch him. About that time I hear the engine tac up and I say that ain't no crown vic. It turns out the cop was in a 5.0. He runs right up on the guys but and yells over the loud speaker "You ain't gona out run me buddy. I got a 5.0" and the dude pulled over. Too cool

------------------
1990 Dodge Dynasty with 175,000 miles. Mods:chiped paint, CD player. Sucks but it was free. Praying for a stang.
The "Guetto Glider"

P.S. watch out cobra owners it's a freak
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 11:03 PM   #4
Fostang
Registered Member

Can't give the cars too much credit. It ALMOST all depends on the drivers. I've seen a geo storm out run a police officer in of course city traffic. They never caught the guy.

------------------
67'fastback- Edelbrock carb, intake, cam, valve springs. Road lifters, Comp Cam rocker arms, windage tray, cerama coated headers, dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4, tci stall converter, perma cool electric fan, aluminum water pump, griffen aluminum radiator, accel 8.8 cable, wide cap distriburator, magnetic pick up, manley valves, v-matic hurst shifter, edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump, ignitor coil, solid motor mounts, magna racing suspension, poly urathane bushings, und
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 10:22 AM   #5
88GT5.013.02

I've done that a few times, but only when no one is around and I know I can get away.

I was up north one time and we were on a two lane road. We were at the bar (I didn't drink I was DD, learned from my brother's mistakes) and we pulled out onto the road and they (my buddies, 3 of them) said let's see what she's got. Well I jump on it and get to about 85-90 and start to slow down. Well I see bright lights pull out in behind me, so I look at my buddy and he says you know what to do, so I slid it into third tached it out, the car was fading fast and then I saw the red and blues, tached 4th out (when I had 3.08 gears) and traveled well into 5th and the red and blues were gone.

Another time I was going like 85 on 696 by my house and right at the Van Dyke exit a cop was getting on, and he turned his lights on when he got to the bottom of the ramp, I just dropped into 4th (this time 3.73) and tromped it and got away.

This is a stupid thing to do, but was fun at the time. There was no one around to get hurt, except myself. I won't do it anymore, but I really don't know what fueled me to do it. Maybe it was that my mom finally agreed to me getting a 5.0 (when I was 18, I still lived under their roof) and telling me if I get a ticket the car is gone (I was still on their insurance, and still am because of my mustang).

So I don't want anyone flaming me telling me how stupid I am, because I know it was not the brightest thing to do, but I don't do it anymore. I speak lightly of it now because nothing bad became of it. Like I said I do not codone it.

Jason
Old 03-29-2001, 11:35 AM   #6
Godslayer
Registered Member

Speaking of outrunning the police... I used to out run ECON guys and State Troopers out near my parents house on my 79 Honda CR250.
One time I was coming around a bend on a "public highway" (dirt road, many holes and rocks), and a state trooper was coming the opposite direction. We exhanged glances and as soon as we rounded the bend I knew he was going to turn around and lay pursuit. So of course I dropped 2 gears and I'm screaming on the backroad... I must've been doing 80-90MPH. My parents' house was only about 1/2 a mile away so I know I could have made it. So I'm thinking I'm home free. Of course the bike had a tendency to foul plugs. So I'm screaming and the thing croaks. I jump off and start pushing it.. up a hill no less. I knew I was doomed. The State Trooper comes flying around the corner fishtailing with a huge cloud of dust behind him.. must've been doing 50MPH. He comes up and says, "Hey you weren't running from me were you?"... "No I was just going home."... "You covered an awful lot of ground there pretty quickly."... "OH, yah I like to open it up occaisionally "... "Oh ok well you can't ride that on a public road you know.. so push it home." "All right thanks." One of the few times I got away without a ticket. The guy was actually cool. I think he appreciated my attempt to escape. I still do it. Those guys are @sses out there.

------------------
87 GT
Full exhaust, K&N, KB Subs, BBK STB, homeade dumps...

87 Taurus
New York
Winters Bite!

Godslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 12:44 PM   #7
LincoConti87
Registered Member

I love that story about the super coupe and the 5.0 cop....I would so laugh if I saw that! I saw like a month ago or so when a disgruntled worker got fired or something so he proceeded to steal older porsche that belonged to his boss. HAHAHAHAHAHA took cops awhile to get him. He lost control and spun out or something. Its too bad the cops don't drive in real life like they do on that game driver....they just come at you at full speed and ram you till your car no longer functions

------------------
Rob meister
87 Lincoln Continental
LincoConti87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 05:22 PM   #8
84stangLX

YEah i saw that Turbo eclipse chase and i thought it would be pretty cool, but it got really good when the guy in the eclipse started playing with the cop. I was impressed with how that thing handled when he was cutting people off. Did you see the mustang chase....hahaha.....it was a stock V6 and the guy was going just over 100mph and "sheriff John Bunnell" said something about chasing "american muscle" and i just about peed my pants laughing. Yeah chases are cool on TV, but i've been in my friends SAAB 900 turbo when he's outrun cops on backroads (2 times) and it's a rush, but too much for me. I'd just rather get like a 10 over ticket than spend time with "bubba" in a prison.

------------------
'84 Mustang 5.0 T5, FMS aluminum radiator & 180* thermostat, 1 5/8 shortys/2.5" duals, '88 GT tail lights and wheels, Holley 4160 4 BBL, smog pump idler, more coming soon
Old 03-29-2001, 05:36 PM   #9
Coupe Devil

I LOVE THE 5.0S BUT THEY CAN GET YOU IN TROUBLE. TRUST ME.... I WAS GOING HOME FROM WORK AT ABOUT 11:30 ONE NIGHT LAST OCT. I WAS RUNNING ABOUT 85 ON A TWO LANE BLACKTOP. THERE WAS A 25 MPH TURN AHEAD THAT I FORGOT ABOUT. I PASSED A GAS STATION AND GUESS WHO WAS IN THE PARKING LOT!!! I SEEN THE LIGHTS DROPPED AND FOUND 4TH GEAR AND LAYED INTO IT. GOT TO THE CURVE, THE ROAD TURNED AND I DIDN'T . NEEDLESS TO SAY THE ROAD AND MAILBOX THEN THE FENCH THEN THE TREE WON THAT FIGHT. I TOLD THE COP I NEVER SEEN HIM AND WAS JUST IN A HURRY TO GET HOME TO GET TO BED. NO TICKET EVEN!!!! I STILL HAVE THE CAR AND WANT TO BUY A 4 CYL AND DO THE SWAP. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO TO HELP MESSAGE BACK IN BLUE OVAL FORUM PLEASE.

'90 LX HATCH, BORD .030 OVER, TRW PISTONS, PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FACTORY AUTOBUT I DID THE 5-SPD. SWAP.

PONY POWER FOREVER
BradleyRJ@hotmail.com
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote