MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-28-2001, 09:25 PM   #1
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs up Fox Body vs. .....................Honda Del Sol SiR?

This was a pretty cool run. This was also the FIRST time a decent import would actually race me.

I'm on my way and I see this nice red Del Sol coming up on my left (on a three lane road, I'm in the middle lane) and I crack my window to here the fart pipe, but NO FART PIPE, cool. Nice rims, no jungle gym, nice paint, decent window tint, and the white tail lights with the red inside them (kinda hard to describe but I think most of you know what I'm talking about). So I'm kinda impressed.

He passes me and gets down on it and I think sarcastically with a sigh "oh brother" . But guess what. The next light turns red and I think, "Alright, yeah, you gonna throw a challenge, well let's see if you're ready to back it up, buddy" not really believing that he'd even have the guts to run me.

Light turns green and it was one of those gradual starts where I'm kinda making sure he's gonna run and then hit it. It was a pretty spiffy car. We only raced to about 60 as it was evident who had won the race.

And guess what. No infamous flyby . He actually stayed back about two car lengths. I give him 2 toots of my horn as a way of giving the thumbs up.

So, I'm giving Mr. Honda Del Sol SiR a thumbs up for a nice (not overdone) car with a slightly above average amount of push for a 4 cylinder. Basically, the cosmetics matched the power and that's respectable (and uncommon) AND he was more than ready to back up a challenge.

Oh, BTW, (only being able to judge from this one race) this was a high 15 second car-- ~15.7ish

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 3.55 gears (Now that's more like it!!)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body

[This message has been edited by Fox Body (edited 03-28-2001).]
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 09:45 PM   #2
Rev
Registered Member

Sounds like a good run. Nice car, nice guy, but you couldn't let that go unchallenged. Glad to hear you did yor part. Thank goodness not all import owners are ricers.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 04:40 AM   #3
LXtra
Registered Member

hey Fox Body,
just looking at your sig, its pretty close to what I have, just wondering what year of block do you have and what do you plan on doing next?
I have a Centerforce dual friction clutch sitting here waiting to be installed, as the stock one finally died!

Chris

------------------
88 LX 351W 88 notch
LXtra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 08:00 AM   #4
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

LXtra,

That's funny, I just wrote 82 GT mentioning to him how our setup was similar. There are a few others here who have similar setups also.

Anyways, I got my engine out of an '87 Crown Victoria that was in a junk yard. The Crown Vic was a Marshall's Dept car.

Major plans have already begun and will be implemented and hopefully completed b4 the year is over. Basic plans involve modified bottom end (forged crank, rods, Keith Black pistons) then cam (and all the goodies that go along with it), heads, long tube headers, and finally to top it off, blower.

Between now and when the project starts, the only thing I plan to do is get some stickier tires for the track and some cheap 15x7" rims to put them on.

Later.

'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Old 03-31-2001, 11:42 AM   #5
Special K
Registered Member

Racer Powah!

------------------
2000 Honda Civic SiR
15.368 @ 89.220 mph (stock)
1989 Ford Mustang LX Coupe 5.0L (RIP)
14.120 @ 98.126 mph
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 10:53 PM   #6
1BadMoFo5.0

Well not a SiR unless it was import from Japan. I saw a race at a car show last year between a stock Viper and a turbo Del Sol. It sounded deadly but was slow as Hades. I don't what it is about them but they are slow. But it was not a SiR just a sticker, I hate that crap.

------------------
90' 5.0 GT Convertible Mustang. 69' Mustang Mach 1 Fastback. Too much to list here so if you want to know ask me.
AOL name: Woodnutz351
Old 04-02-2001, 09:57 AM   #7
IRACERICE
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rev:
Thank goodness not all import owners are ricers.

Rev
With the SIR badge and the altezza type r lights on the back..that is a ricer...

------------------
2001 Spa Yellow Pearl S2000
93 del sol 12.14 @ 115.8 (retired)
91 crx 12.46 @ 108.5 mph
IRACERICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 11:36 AM   #8
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

It's just kinda surprising to see a guy in one of those types of cars w/ the mods he had to not overdo them. But, maybe if I give him a few months, he'd overdo it also.

A day or 2 ago I saw the same type of Del Sol. It was a lime/sea green color. *sigh* Had the scaffolds/jungle gym on the back, FART pipe, those white w/ red rear lights, and some stupid stickers . I thought to myself, man, you need to learn from Mr. Honda Del Sol SiR. WHY???

That's gotta piss you off, IRACERICE.
Well, lemme ask you, how do you feel about those guys thinking they're buddies with you cause you got a decent Honda?

'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake

Old 04-02-2001, 11:18 PM   #9
stng87
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Hahaha, theres always more to be said about the ricers, I saw this realllllly cool one today at work. It had the works, even the defcon stickers(what the helll does that mean?) I carry a disposable camera around and take a picture of any and all fart tubes and "pimped out" ricers that I see. Dont know what ill do with them, but itll be fun to make fun of them later and may even make a "ricebook."
Also I happened to be watching judge judy today and there was this chic that was sueing her ex boyfriend because he charged her card to the max. As soon as I saw this guy, i said "hes gotta be a ricer" and sure enough Judge Judy asked him what most of the expenses were for and he replied "high performance parts for my race car." What a dumbasss I thought.
I just know its a honda civic with a fart pipe and chin-up bar.

------------------
1987 black with t-tops. Cobra intake, 1.7 cobra crane rollers, gt40p's, bbk shorties, off road h-pipe, adj. FPR, rebuilt aod w/shift kit, 65mm TB, 4.10's 12.90's at best probably less.
MAN OH MAN DO I HATE AOD'S
stng87 is offline   Reply With Quote