MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-04-2001, 11:47 AM   #1
86LX5liter
Registered Member

Post Poosa

I am itching to get a good run with the new chassis, and the only thing around here that takes a bite are econo boxes. Until this past Sunday. I am on 211, a 2 lane each way with lights every couple hundred feet. Pull up to a light next to a 87-88 ish Monte Carlo SS. Huge tailpipes, cowl hood, and a lumpity lumpity lumpity idel. When I stopped, the guy revs. So I rev back. We are reving back and forth, and I notice the light changing for the cross street, we are going green now. Light comers down, and I light up first, let off a bit, and when the tires grabbed I grabbed second. Lit em up again, let off and grabbed third. Now I'm cruisin 80 in a 40, and I look to thew right to see where this guy is, and he is way the hell back, like 15 cars. Now, you would think slow piece of **** , but he didn't race me! He revved probably to see what I had, but he no intention of Racing me. Like I said before. Poosa!

------------------
Warmed over 302,
Edelbrock Carb, MSD, Accel, t-5 w/ frpp flywheel & clutch, Hurst shifter, traction bars, ds safety loop, subframes, 3.08 posi, shorties, H, and Flows. Same setup w/ auto netted a 12.54 @ 110.90
in a 300 lbs heavier car.
Can't wait till Spring for E-town.
1981 GT

86LX5liter is offline   Reply With Quote