MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-06-2001, 01:21 AM   #1
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Thumbs up Beat a sportbike?!?!?

This happened on Saturday but I was afraid to post is cause I thought you guys would call BS on me. It happened though, so I figured Id post it and you can tell me how or why it happened.

I was at a light next to a red honda bike, I think it said zxr1000 on it, but dont quote me on that. It was some asian guy with his girl, and we looked at each other, but I think he knew I didnt want any. I told my passenger that I was going to launch soft, but if the bike took off, I was gonna go for it, just to see how well I could do. When the light changed, I launched soft, and he was at my bumper, but then my adrenaline kicked in, and I floored it. He could obviously hear my exhaust, and he gunned it as well. His engine was screaming, and we took it up to about 85, with him at my door the whole way after I got the jump.

The next light went yellow, so I started braking, and I was like, "**** , Im gonna get toasted now that he knows Im game." He smiled at me at the light, and gave me the thumbs up. The light changed and I floored it. He got the jump on me this time, but I slowly pulled on him, and at about 80 I was ahead, so I shut it down. We caught the next light, but it was in the town, so there could be no match. I rolled the window down, and said, "nice bike, good race!" He nodded and gave me the thumbs up again, and his girl waved to me. I took the next left, and I was shaking for like an hour afterward. My bro, who was with me, was shocked too.

OK, let me say that it seemed in every way to be a legit race. Also, I know what my car is capable of, maybe 13.9 on the best day of my life, so Im not posting some BS saying I got a freak or something. The only things I can think of are that his bike wasnt one of the fast ones + he had a passenger, or that he wasnt going all out, but it REALLY seemed like he was. Why would he stay at my door both times if he wasnt really racing? Anyway, this is my most surprising kill yet, what do you all think?

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Magnaflow Catback, K&N
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 08:13 AM   #2
mmike

good Kill. Any litre bike with 10 passengers would smoke you!! It was prob. an older 600 class bike (or 1st 2nd generation F4 they were dogs). But good kill i dont doubt it.
cheers

------------------
306ci, TFS stage 3 heads. port/pol edlebrock performer intake.
77mm mass air, 70mm TB, crane 2030 cam, Mac full length headers, flowmasters
3.73 gears and more.

[This message has been edited by mmike (edited 04-06-2001).]
Old 04-06-2001, 08:21 AM   #3
PGkelly
Registered Member

maybe an older litre bike......especially with two people. 150 extra pounds on a motorcycle is a serious weight disadvantage. a relatively new 600 it could have been too. ZXR isn't Honda though, that's more Kawasaki/Suzuki i think. good race though, glad he was a nice guy.

------------------
If it ain't broke, make it go faster

AOL: MCVillain45
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 02:32 PM   #4
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Im more sure about the zxr part than the honda part, so it very well could have been a suzuki. It looked very new also. And lastly, Im SURE it said "1000" on it. Does that mean it was a "liter" bike?
Old 04-06-2001, 03:00 PM   #5
exgmguy
Registered Member

He may have just not been riding it properly. Sportbikes have absolutely no low end torque. When you floor one off idle it feels like a nitrous hit when it finally gets into it's narrow powerband.
exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 08:47 PM   #6
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

If the bike had 1000 and looked new... than it has to be something like an R1. There is no way in hell your 2000GT can keep up with an R1 your talking about a 10second quartermile bike here!!!!

Look at this video... this is a 1000 liter bike (R1) and yes the car holds with it but it's 240ZX with C5 5.7Liter LS1 and SUPERCHARGER... (650HP) and still it can't pass the bike.

http://movies.taner.net/darius/Darius-240Z-R1.mpg

------------------
Lizard King, Bone Stock; 13.69 at 101MPH
Extreme Burnout
2000GT VS LS1
Quartermile run
2000GT vs LX Stang

Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 02:05 PM   #7
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Well, Im 100% sure it said 1000 on it, so either he wasnt going his hardest, or:
he didnt know how to drive at all + his passenger = defeat at the hands of the stang. But I realize that even those factors would still favor the 10sec ride, so oh well, it was all in good fun.

Also, I forgot to mention the fact that we passed one of my mom's closest friends as we were racing. My bro saw her, and said, "**** , we just passed Nida (her friend) I hope she didnt recognize us!" I guess she didnt see cause my mom hasnt called me yet and yelled at me.
Old 04-07-2001, 09:00 PM   #8
HemiBoo
Registered Member

Wish I could have heard the sound off of that video (no speakers) but it looked sweet.
Nice job on the ricer-bike kill. I know exactly how you felt when you passed someone you know, thats how I got busted for street racing
HemiBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 05:27 AM   #9
Power
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior:
Im more sure about the zxr part than the honda part, so it very well could have been a suzuki. It looked very new also. And lastly, Im SURE it said "1000" on it. Does that mean it was a "liter" bike?
Unless its fairly old bike which i woudnt be familiar with the closest i could come to finding anything that might have been what your talking about was the Suzuki GSX-R1000 or the Suzuki TL-1000R. Since neither came in red (that i can remember), it probably wasnt them. Honda makes a bike that is red and has the long number written on the side, but its the CBR-1100XX. Without knowing more I can't really shed much light on what it was....your sure it was a complete sport bike??...not a "naked" sportbike(missing plastic)? Anyway.......good kill. Just don't expect it too often

Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 09:48 PM   #10
HKstang
Registered Member

*This is not the guy who normally posts from this name. it's his bro.*

Concerning this post...I drive 88 5.0, it's beat up and everyhting, but i like it. My main toys are bikes. Sport bikes to be exact.

Whatever bike it was...there is no way in hell that your stang could keep up with it if it is only slightly modded. This 'ricer bike' as it was put before, whether it was an old one or a new one, could have blown your doors off, passenger or no passenger. If it was indeed a litre bike, whether it was an old one or not, it shold have won. I know 4.6's are fast as hell, but then again, a litre bike will kill one, with any AVERAGE rider on it.

Either way, you won the race, you get props, the rider, i gove no props to because he cant ride his bike to save his life. I only ride an old yamaha fzr 600, but i know i'll blow the doors off any mustang that runs above 11's.

that's my two cents, i don't doubt you one, but you shouldn't have

ronnie from toronto
HKstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 10:44 PM   #11
PGkelly
Registered Member

in general, if a bike has a number in it's name, it denotes displacement, in cc's (except Harley). R1 is a litre bike, or 1000cc's. R6 is a 600cc bike (599 to be exact) CBR600F4i is a 600cc bike and so on. I am surprised no one has suggested that the rider wasn't going all out. one could assume the woman on there was his G/F, so he was probably going easy on you because of her. if you can tell us what color it was, it could be more readily identified.

p.s. i think it would be wicked cool to get a fully-faired bike like an R6/R1 and strip the fairing off, then paint it black.

------------------
If it ain't broke, make it go faster

AOL: MCVillain45
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 11:20 PM   #12
Power
Registered Member

hey PGkelly, I had a buddy that did it to a honda superhawk, except he painted it silver. Painted over all emblems so no one will recongnize it. Its a pretty good sleeper.......kinda ugly though....but its his second bike so i guess he didn't care. He bought a new Gixxer 750 so he kinda started scrappin the 'hawk. anyway.....i also agree with HKstangs bro about even old, broken down bikes beating the stang. I'm not calling bs either but the rider was giving something up for sure. cya.....mac
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 11:49 PM   #13
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

First of all, I NEVER post BS on here. I beat the bike for sure. Whether he was trying or not is what needs to be decided. I gauged that he was, because he smiled at me before the race, and then after he lost, he gave me the thumbs up. Also, we ran a couple times, so he had more than one chance to show me what his ride was capable of. I know I "shouldnt" have won, but I did, so I guess he was holding back....I just cant figure out why he was (no traffic, willing opponent, showing off for his girl). Why try at all if youre not gonna go all out, you know? Why just hang at my door and not pass me?

Also, the bike was red. I thought it was a suzuki, but it very well could have been a different brand. Im sure it had 3 letters, followed by '1000.'
Old 04-09-2001, 08:08 AM   #14
mmike

An FZR600 beat any mustang in the 11's is quite a bold statement. No offence but that bike is not the fastest. I know quite a few 11sec mustangs that from a roll would destroy a 600FZR, and i know my bikes.
Hell i'd even try a roll on just for fun!!
(prob. lose)

------------------
3.73 gears and more.
Old 04-09-2001, 12:56 PM   #15
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Cool

Lizard King

Thats darius' Z car... its a LT1, not an LS1. And the r1 in the video isnt really in it... the front end is on the ground.. he slowly rolls on the throttle ; )

As far as the dude on the zxr.. thats a kawi however.... i doubt he was really in it. Even with the blower i'd not wanna run my 'maro against my R6 on street tires...

Fun tho im sure =)

Phil
Jerico Performance
SkarodoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 01:52 PM   #16
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

LT1 .. I new that... I just didn't think it through ok.

Check the car out it's insane!!!

http://movies.taner.net/darius/Darius-240Z-full.mpg

To keep up with an R1 on the quarter mile you would need a Viper Venom (Twin Turbo)

------------------
Lizard King, Bone Stock; 13.69 at 101MPH
Extreme Burnout
2000GT VS LS1
Quartermile run
2000GT vs LX Stang

Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 04:17 PM   #17
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Well... I don't know quite how to start this out. But I have a 2000 Yamaha R1 and I run low ten's. 10.3 @ 136mph, so I think the guy was messing with you. I'm also work on motorcycle's , and a 1980's style motorcycle, any 1000cc would run at least 12's. So....
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 04:19 PM   #18
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Also honda made a CBR1000, a if it started with a ZX then it was a kawasaki. He wasn't trying, especially with a girl on the back. But don't feel bad, most motorcycle's power to weight ratio is nuts. See ya.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 12:15 AM   #19
onewheeldeal
Registered Member

I know the FZR is not the quickest bike in the world. It was super quick for its time. Torquey as hell as well compared t other 600's even for todays standards. Maybe 11.0 is a little exaggeration, but honestly, put any stang that runs above 11.2 and i'll take it, i'm pretty sure.

Witht he couple of mods i have on the bike i'm sure it'll stand up to most street stangs, at least in toronto.

Mustangs are quick and fst as hell, i know, i drive a stock one and already that is funa s hell, but isay if oyu want quick and cheap thrills, get a bike. it's a trip.

ronnie (hkstangs bro)
onewheeldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 08:07 AM   #20
mmike

Hey i'm game for a little roll-on action
Seriously though i know of a few 11.2 sec cars (SISU?) that trap at 130mph - enough to put many car lengths on a older 600 class bike from a roll.
I think on the highway i might even stand a chance (think it would be close)
just my .02

------------------
3.73 gears and more.