MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-10-2001, 09:35 AM   #21
onewheeldeal
Registered Member

Acutally, as i was writing the last post, I forgot to include after I posted, that I think on the highway, I think I would get smoked after the 100mph mark or so. My bike, as it is an older one lacks on the top end, i wouldn't be surprised if as soon as i hit 100 a stang would blow by me so fast i would left shaking in my boots. I'm talking stoplight to stoplight

Roll on throttle, in second, I still highly doubt it, but I'm opent o challenges and I'm never one to turn down a good race! Maybe we'll try it sometime.

I do know taht my buddie's stang, who runs 11.0 on nitto drag radials gave me a roll on run and i stayed in front, let off as i thought he stopped going and goosed it again and ended up pulling him even more! He was not getting any traction though as it was a very cold night! We're going to try again sometime soon.

Open to challenges!

ronnie
onewheeldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 09:47 AM   #22
onewheeldeal
Registered Member

SISU is who I'm talking about by the way, we were on vic park and we both got on it. Interested to see it at a standing still start though all the way the thtought the gears till past 100mph. It'd be a very good race and I think that in the end, he would pull me, but it would be fun as hell!!!!!!

ronnie

------------------
vtec this.
Old 04-10-2001, 10:20 AM   #23
mmike

either you have a seriously modded fzr or is was a 1st/2nd gear roll on. I agree, most cars wouln't stand a chance against you in the lower gears. On the highway however....
Sisu wants to run my buddie and I on both an R1 and '97GSXR 750 on the highway (i think).
Should be fun.
BTW what mods do you have on the LX?
Old 04-10-2001, 02:27 PM   #24
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Exclamation

I've stayed out of this topic up until now, but seriously folks, this is what it works down to.

The 1000cc bike was toying with him. He was probably impressed that he had to downshift to hold with the stang.

An FZR 600 will get clobbered by a low/mid 13sec stang from a roll. Don't even try to argue with me, cause I've beaten and pulled even with 3 of the little peckers with my near stock 88GT, and near stock 87GT. As far as your hp/lb advantage, I'm sorry but an old FZR 600 will plop down about 55whp, weigh about 700+lbs with a decent sized guy (at least). Now factor in it's powerband. The stang weighs about 5 times more, has a flatter, broader powerband and about 4x the hp with very light mods. I'm not even gonna talk about torque, we all know the bike doesn't even exist in the same land.

I've raced my friends 1993 FZR 600, jet kit, pipe, K&N, modded airbox. He pulls low/mid 60's on his Dynojet (owns his own motorcycle shop, Tech One Motorsports) I've pulled dead even with him 2x, beat him 1x. All from a roll, anywhere from 20-60mph starting.

The old 600's aren't even close to the new ones, though, and there is no way a light modded stang could hang with a new 600.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 03:01 PM   #25
onewheeldeal
Registered Member

Concerning the last post. A FZR600, 700 pounds? Are you nuts? Try 450 wet with my 130 on top comes out to 580 total. I think you're thinking craziness. I'd like to see a relatively stock 5.0 even try to keep with it. You're nuts. Either your buddy can't ride or somebody really messed his jetting up. For a bike that runs 11.8's with a pro rider from the factory, i'd say getting whooped by a stock Mustang is an insult. My bike isn't the fastest, but in the city, it's quick. For a 600 it's got gobs of torque, even compared to a newer one. Considering taht it's powerband also starts at 6000 rpm, low for a bike. Top end, I know i lack and would get smoked by many on the highway. Nevertheless, 11.8 as tested, with me riding, maybe 12.5. remains to be seen.

Mike: Rey was actually telling me about that you guys ere gonna have a go at it! I didn't realize it as you he was talking about. I really want to see this. Rey probably would ahve taken me but hte road was super cold and it was roll on from 1st gear after we both turned left from a light onto vic park. He got a lot of spin, i still pulled him. Interesting to see teh results from a real race.

Talk to you soon.

------------------
vtec this.
'88 LX
'90 Yamaha FZR600