MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-12-2001, 10:23 PM   #1
46stang
Registered Member

Red face 4.6gt vs 4.6gt vs 4.6CHP

ok I stop at a red light, it's 7:15am so my back window is still pretty fogged up, when I look over and another 4.6 gt pulls up beside me. I'm thinking oh yea, It's on baby. I take off semi easy tring not to spin, but I still end up burning out about half way through the innersection, I look in my side mirror and see the other gt taking off real slow and then I SEE a new 4.6 crown vic., it's A Calif. highway patrol right behind me:0 So I immediately shifted to 3rd instead of second to slow myself without nailing the brakes.I figure I'm toast.But surprisingly he never pulls me over. I HAVE TO BE THE LUCKIEST MAN ALIVE! he followed me for a awhile though. Probably figured I was too stupid to pull over not really a race but kind of funny

------------------
96 stang,ported 99 heads, 99 intake, 99 cams,Steeda power pullies, 373's, 70mm t/b, gutted maf, bassani x-pipe w/cats, ultraflow catback,iat mod, home depot ram air, k@n. fms spings, tri-ax shifter.
46stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 10:36 PM   #2
Rev
Registered Member

That happened to me some years ago. Like 15 or so. I had just rebuilt completely a 351 '75 Granada Ghia coupe for my son, about 15 at the time. It was all done and painted and looked great. I'm trying out the newly rebuilt car and just stabbed it getting on the freeway.

Turns out I had done this with a Houston cop car right behind. Fortunately, I looked in the rear view just as I was entering yhe freeway. Only at 60 in a 55, I immediately put the C-6 in low which decelerated me with out putting on the brake lights. He followed for several miles while he checked for outstanding warrants. After that he just faided away. I was just lucky I saw him, otherwise toast.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote