MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-21-2001, 06:03 PM   #1
Method_98GTConv

Wink My car sounds mean, but it's stock...

Hello all - New Member to the Community from LA, Calif.

I have a 98 GT Convertible that is completely stock (as far as I know), but the car sounds very mean when idleing and especially when I put the foot down.

I had noticed repeatedly that when I lined up next to other comparible autos, especially Camaros, the person driving always gives a weird look at my GT and if I look at them they turn away quickly.

I have two friends that also have GTs (one a 97, the other a 2000), and my GT is louder than their's and quicker off the start than either of them.

I have made no mods to the car. I want to, but am still researching and gaining experience.

Anyone have a guess on this, or is it just one of those things...?

I'm hoping that there isn't anything 'wrong' with the car - I don't notice anything, and it drives great.

I love street racing, and really enjoy the posts here.

------------------
Old 07-22-2001, 12:27 AM   #2
LincoConti87
Registered Member

Well u mentioned that it is a 98...I'm guessing you bought it used? That prolly means that they swapped out some exhaust...if you bought it new then you just got a freakie car
LincoConti87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 01:06 AM   #3
stanger8172
Registered Member

Talking

LOL! Maybe you have a freak Mustang that'll run a 13! Take it to the local track and baseline it. I would definitely run it there to get some real numbers. Have you ever been to a dragstrip? Then you will know for sure. You said you race so... let us know how well you do!
stanger8172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 06:32 AM   #4
rbatson

Have you checked the exhaust to see if its stock? It sounds like you might have an h-pipe and/or mufflers. If it looks stock then maybe the cats have been gutted.

------------------
Rick
My 89lx(updated 7/20/2001)
My 97 Cobra
Old 07-24-2001, 12:00 AM   #5
Method_98GTConv

Wink

I bought the car new, and have never made any mods to it.

No, I have never been to the track to perform - just like to give it hell on the local streets in LA.

Does anyone know of a Mustang custom izing shop in the LA area? Probably not since you are not from here, but hoping you heard through the grapevine.

I would love to take my car to some of the local tracks and see it and others perform.

Hopefully I can and when I do I'll post some numbers.

Thanks