MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-08-2001, 04:44 PM   #1
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Talking Unworthy Race?

Well this race (if you could call it that) is totally unworthy of this board. But I am going to talk about it because of the facial expression of the people I beat.

Pulled up next to a 95 Cavalier Z22 (not the Z24). There was 2 young guys in the car and they wanted to race. Most would brush this off, but since I was late for a lunch appoinment I was semi-racing anyway so I through a rev.

Of course, as one would expect I completely destroyed this car (no surprize here). The part that I find worth posting (and rather humorous) is the look of disbelief on there faces.!

What the hell is it with some of these guys? From the look on there face at the next light, they were honesty shocked that they lost. Maybe they were shocked at how bad they lost, I don't know.

Is this what some of the other ricers out there look like? I've beat types like this before, and either they do a flyby or won't pass me so I can see there face.

Too funny...

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, ADS chip, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 05:40 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

I seriously think its the SN95 body style...

According to EVERYONE on the internet, if its an SN95 body style Mustang, a tricycle can beat it... and you're right the looks on many faces (when I slow down of course) are absolutely hysterical.

God help them after the 17th... (Blower install)

------------------
"The Yellowjacket"
1998 Mustang GT
13.97@103
You only lie to two people; your girlfriend and the police. Everyone else you tell the truth to.” - Jack Nicholson
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 05:53 PM   #3
fastang
Registered Member

I think "Hammer" hit the nail right on the head. lol pun intended. Seriously though, I have had the same thing happen to me. Especialy LT1 owners that think thier gonna rip me a new a$$hole. Way to teach em a lesson 95mgt.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, 355's K&N, off road pipes, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 07:02 PM   #4
jonnyk
Being stroked is great

Hehehe nice race. Sounds like the old Toyota Celica that wanted to race last night. I don't know if he was racing or not because I launched perfect and had 6+ car lengths by the end of 2nd. They could be that slow however He did the ricer flyby so maybe he was racing.

------------------
1991 LX Hatch 5.0L
jonnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 07:39 PM   #5
Fostang
Registered Member

It's funny how the ricers take off peeling out and you take off a second later not even gunning it you not only catch up to them but you pass them and you can here the lawn mower they call an engine giving it all it has. Then at the next light of course you catch the red and the light changes green as they are comming up and they rev right pass you and of course you go and do it again but this time they turn and not even look at you standing at the next light.

------------------
67'fastback- Edelbrock carb, intake, cam, valve springs. Road lifters, Comp Cam rocker arms, windage tray, cerama coated headers, dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4, tci stall converter, perma cool electric fan, aluminum water pump, griffen aluminum radiator, accel 8.8 cable, wide cap distriburator, magnetic pick up, manley valves, v-matic hurst shifter, edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump, ignitor coil, solid motor mounts, magna racing suspension, poly urathane bushings, und
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 08:47 PM   #6
fastang
Registered Member

That is so ******* true Fostang! I kicked the $hit out of an annoying azz modded integra last month and he had the nerve to not only fly by but rev me up when I passed him later

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, 355's K&N, off road pipes, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2001, 06:40 PM   #7
Dark Knight
Registered Member

Cool

I usually give it enough gas to let them keep up.. gives 'em something to post on ricer.com.. heheh.. " my honda kept up with a 5.0..."
yeah, right.. ;-)

------------------
84 convt,'95 302,AFR's, performer
3.55's, underdrives stock shorties
stock cam, 1.7's
14.16@100.08, 255RWHP on a hot day
265 on the mph/weight chart

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 07:23 PM   #8
Ty'97Cobra
Registered Member

Hey---

When you are used to a lawnmower.. anything seems FAST!!! LOL

good race!!

------------------
1997 Black Cobra Convertible. #2788 of 3088
Mostly Stock
1988 5.0 LX Convertible -Work Car...Few Mods.

[This message has been edited by Ty'97Cobra (edited 03-11-2001).]
Ty'97Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 08:42 PM   #9
Try Me
Registered Member

I think even Firefly's and Metro's are worthy to race.. i just can't have someone rev at me and turn away - i have to race them no metter what.

Just the other night i stomped a Tercel into the ground, i passed him so fast he got sucked into my lane from my backdraft.
Of course i was all smiles, then my g/f's like "What's the big deal, it was just a Tercel?" Bottom line, i don't care, i'll take all the races i can get.

As for the Z22/24, they always TRY ME.. but be nice, if you won't race 'em, who will?
Try Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 10:37 PM   #10
Fostang
Registered Member

A toyota tercel ha ha haaaa. What the hell was that guy thinking?

------------------
67'fastback- Edelbrock carb, intake, cam, valve springs. Road lifters, Comp Cam rocker arms, windage tray, cerama coated headers, dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4, tci stall converter, perma cool electric fan, aluminum water pump, griffen aluminum radiator, accel 8.8 cable, wide cap distriburator, magnetic pick up, manley valves, v-matic hurst shifter, edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump, ignitor coil, solid motor mounts, magna racing suspension, poly urathane bushings, und
Old 03-11-2001, 10:51 PM   #11
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Talking about a tercel... I saw the most stoooooopid thing today.

This hommykentukyfriedeating eeeeediot had put a fart can tip muffler on his Oldsmobile cutlass (like 97). I was thinking you outabefreaking out of your stinkingmind... this guy had riced a granpa car. (toobad I did not have a camera)

Anyways he was in the unloading spot for my apartment waiting for his shawarmabundlinghommy friends. So my g/f asks him to move for us to unload the groceries. The eeeeediot reved his engine like he was driving an 18 wheeler or something... I couldnt help my self but to smile (I was actually laughing my azs off). So he waved, ... ok dude your to cool (NOT!!!).

What the heeeelllll can you be thinking of when you install that tip? My car is gonna be so cool now?????????? Or it's gonna shave at least 1.5 seconds off the quarter???

------------------
Lizard King, Bone Stock; 13.69 at 101MPH
http://members.mustangworks.com/liza...meburnout2.mpg
http://members.mustangworks.com/liza...stangVSLS1.mpg
• <A HREF="http://members.mustangworks.com/lizardking/quartermile.mpg" TARGET=_blank>http://members.mustangworks.com/lizardking/q
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 11:48 PM   #12
Try Me
Registered Member

LIZARD - that fart can will maybe shave 1.5 calories off his shawarma, that's about it.
It's funny, you never know who you're talking to. He probably had no idea you've got the fastest stock 2000 GT on the planet, and that your g/f's Accent is your daily driver?!
L.O.L!
Try Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 04:56 PM   #13
Fostang
Registered Member

I can't help but wonder what roams in that kind of a mind.

------------------