MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2001, 03:12 PM   #21
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Good kill 96SNAKE, I totally believe you.

I suppose GP6T will also say that my car didn't beet an LT1 by atleast 3 cars when I only had my catback and K&N (still had air silencer and everything else stock, with 87 octane fuel). He had atleast 50 or 60 more HP than me. But due to some rather poor driving, he spun real bad while I was pulling away. But that is life, driving is a part of racing. The car is only part of the equation. Just my $0.02 (of course being in Canadian currency, maybe it's not worth as much)

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, performacne chip, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
Old 03-05-2001, 04:50 PM   #22
mmike

96snake, I'm glad you have such a strong runner. And no I don't doubt your victories, like you I just turned 30, no BS flag here. Maybe i'm a little jealous with all my work on the car and i'd be hard pressed to keep up with you.
Keep on smok'n those f-bodes.
cheers

------------------
306ci, TFS stage 3 heads. port/pol edlebrock performer intake.
77mm mass air, 70mm TB, crane 2030 cam, Mac full length headers, flowmasters
3.73 gears and more.

Old 03-05-2001, 06:00 PM   #23
sedanman
Registered Member

Wink

Wow a couple of you guys are 30+ can you even still powershift when you get that old I figured you would be driving a crown vic or a grand marquis or something. Man I hope I drive a muscle car when I am THAT old.

J/K

I just hope my wife lets me have a cool car when I get older, and I hope I am still out there street racing.
Old 03-05-2001, 06:29 PM   #24
GP6T
Registered Member

POST #6 DAY #2

I know it just seems unbelievable but its true and I can't really explain it. The weight thing is a factor from a stop but from a roll, it just doesn't seem to hurt my car. If it did, I probably wouldn't beat the other Cobras I race like I do
You said it not me. It really is "UNBELIEVABLE" Now your saying you run mid 12's with a gutted X-pipe and 373's. WHAT IS A GUTTED X PIPE? My xpipe is an x. What exactly is in it? Dude your stepping in the sh!t you just took, back up baby. It seems that you read a lot of magazines, you know 15hp for a K&N, 10 here, 10 there, 5 over here, bam I've got 577.2 hp all with bolt ons, lucky me vroom vroom. Get the book titled Automotive Math, get a calculator and do the math yourself, then you can come up with more believable stories. A 3500 lb car would need over 400 crank hp to do that with a perfect run. I am not here defending LS1's, believe me. With your mods your car is a low 14 second car maybe squeezing a high 13 maybe. You can tell all the kill stories you want, but untill you have a time slip, thats all they are is stories. There are a whole crap load of people on this board that have spent sh!t loads of money, and time working on their cars and your car is just as fast by gutting the x pipe :-)(whatever that is) I'm going to start a petition to rename this board the Tall Tales Saloon.
again
enviously yours,
The Beacon of Reality
Old 03-05-2001, 07:14 PM   #25
sedanman
Registered Member

GP6T any person even half way into performance would know what a gutted x-pipe is oh, wait let me explain to it to you A gutted x-pipe would mean it originaly had catalytic converters on it but the catalyst have been removed (perhaps for better performance), wait do you know what a catalytic converter is? Now mister auto math einstein, weight does not matter as much going down the road because it does not need that inital ump.
Old 03-05-2001, 07:33 PM   #26
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Question

What the .....?!? GP6T, a gutted X pipe is one with cats, that have been "poked" clean of their insides.

I would like to slam you and tell you what an AZZ you are, but we all know that. And by we I mean the readers and such that have spent our whole lives racing and building cars. I know it may seem unreal to you, and until you go to the track and watch some of the guys running, shut up. Please.
96snake, not to flame you or anything, but are you sure you are in the 12's? I mean, that's great if you are, but it does seem a bit far fetched. My best run of 13.4 was with DR's, bumped timing to 14*, Mac cold air intake, 3.73's, Pro 5.0 shifter(replaced it with a Steeda) stock clutch(replaced it with a King Cobra, not that it really makes a difference), ripping out the passenger seat, underdrives, and great driving(if I may say so). Granted you may have a better suspension setup than me, and that may make up for some of it, but come on, 12's? Really?
More power to you bro!

------------------
The Black Mamba 11.2@124
94 Cobra- MAC cold air fender kit, Motorsport underdrive pulley's, MAC 21/2" off-road H pipe, SVO mufflers, 3.73 gears, E-303 cam, 13.417@101.335mph
Old 03-05-2001, 07:48 PM   #27
gp001
Registered Member

You mean I can put a drive train identical to 96SNAKE's in a cement truck and go out and beat up on LS-1's. COOL !!! You know, weight not being a factor from a roll and all. THAT'S FUNNY. I too must admit my ignorance, I didn't know what a "gutted X-pipe" was either. My X (Dr. Gas) was also just an X. An X pipe with cats, seems pretty useless.
Also, for those math nay sayers:
Newtons Second Law: " the acceleration of an object is directly proportional to the resultant force acting on it and invesely proportional to its MASS.

ie a=F/m, therefore if you were to double the mass you would have half the acceleration. This applies at any speed.
So I guess I'll be scared next time either of these cars pull up next to me because they are magical and my lowly little car probably wouldn't stand a chance :-(
Physics, aint it a ***** ! LOL

------------------
347, 279/284 .493/.510, TFS TW, Stealth, 750, Flowtech hdrs, Dr. Gas X, 2 Chmbr Flowmaster, MSD 6AL-Dist.& SS coil, Art Carr C-4, Currie 9" w/3.55, alum Drv Shft, susp mods, 4 wheel power disc
In a 66 coupe
Old 03-05-2001, 08:08 PM   #28
fastang
Registered Member

Hey GP6T, or gp001 or whatever the hell you want to call yourself. Why dont you bring your 66 coupe down to Carlsbad with us west costers here on the 24th? I would love to see your cocky *** drive. TROLL.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, 355's K&N, off road pipes, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors
Old 03-05-2001, 08:15 PM   #29
gp001
Registered Member

Fastang
We are actually separate people, dickhead.
Sorry I sided with reality over fantasy. Hell, everyone else doubts his story as well. Most posters question his stated time or say "its up to the driver".
And you are right ALL YOU WOULD SEE IS MY COCKY ***

------------------
347, 279/284 .493/.510, TFS TW, Stealth, 750, Flowtech hdrs, Dr. Gas X, 2 Chmbr Flowmaster, MSD 6AL-Dist.& SS coil, Art Carr C-4, Currie 9" w/3.55, alum Drv Shft, susp mods, 4 wheel power disc
In a 66 coupe
Old 03-05-2001, 08:27 PM   #30
fastang
Registered Member

The reason I called you a cocky troll is because you keep quoting laws of physics and $hit like that, that most people here already know. Excuse me for not realizing you are two different people but your names are quite close and so are your comments. Yeah 12's sounds a little much but then so does 13.6 with Lizrdkings stock 00GT. Go figure, I wont believe he can hit a 12 untill I see it. You can doubt people all you want without flaming them and being a total a$$hole about it, just like Bigwhitecobra, and mmike did. They called him but didnt quite flame like you. Have a little respect....and I honestly would like to see you join us on the 24th with NO hard feelings.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, 355's K&N, off road pipes, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors

[This message has been edited by fastang (edited 03-05-2001).]

[This message has been edited by fastang (edited 03-05-2001).]
Old 03-05-2001, 08:43 PM   #31
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Careful guys... this starting to sound like Jerry Springer... and we all know how the big man in charge does not want that...

hehehe... You guys are all screw balls.

Say, GP6T, nice way to get the attention of everyone by making an azz of yourself.

Quote:
Simple arithmatic. Car A has 300 rwhp and wieghs 3500lbs, car b has 300 rwhp and weighs 3500 lbs. The question is, Why is car A so much faster?
With shorter gears, car "a" sticks in it's power range, with a better shifter, car "a" get's faster shifts, with better tires, car "a" can apply his 300HP to road without slipping on any gear and launch harder (even from a roll)... i got more, but I think you get the point.

Anyways, all that to say, I don't think 96SNAKE is in the 12s..., until you prove the opposite, I don't beleive it.

Old 03-05-2001, 08:47 PM   #32
gp001
Registered Member

fastang,
I did not flame anyone, merely what was being said. I only made one post before you attacked ME, I think you should re-read my post and you will see I only questioned the validity of what was being said. Mainly, weight not being a factor and math no mattering. Apparently, some people do not know the physics involved.
Sorry to have gotten ugly, but you did flame ME pretty hard

------------------
In a 66 coupe
Old 03-05-2001, 08:50 PM   #33
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Faststang, let me put my money where my mouth is... uhhhh, no.

13.69, you better believe it.

The next video is me pulling a 13.9 with a 200lb camera man in the car, and braking from 100MPH to 82MPH in trap box. The slip shows it at the end of the video.

It's Bracket racing. I set myself up for a run of 13.9, and then I brake at the end to make sure I don't bust... it's kind of sleezy but I finished 3rd that day on over 250 cars and won some nice money.

http://members.mustangworks.com/liza...uartermile.mpg

What do you have to say now?

------------------
Lizard King - 2000GT
13.698 - stock, bone stock
Old 03-05-2001, 08:58 PM   #34
fastang
Registered Member

gp001, I didnt mean to flame you, I thought you were the other guy, please excuse me.
Lizrd, I totaly believe you and was using you as an example of how some cars are faster than others, By the way I watched and liked all your videos.

------------------
Old 03-05-2001, 09:39 PM   #35
96SNAKE
Registered Member

For the Geek G brothers, I gutted my X pipe because of a bad converter. What is so hard to understand about this?

I'm not a physics expert and I don't have to be to prove anything I've said here. I never said weight wasn't a factor. I said it just didn't SEEM to hurt my car as much from a roll. My car is heavy, I wouldn't argue that but once it getrs moving, it moves pretty damn well. You dickheads make it seem like I beat a Viper with all this bullshit. What a damn joke you two are. I routinely blow the doors off other Cobra coupes I face, so why couldn't my heavy boat take the "Gods gift to cars" LS1?

Simply put, my car is that fast and that is the truth. Lesser Cobras have run in the mid 12's with slicks and I don't doubt for a second mine can too. So my convertible weighs a 140lbs+ more than a Coupe?? Big ******* deal. That amounts to a whole 2 tenths in the 1/4 per hundred pounds at best. I have the hp to make up for the extra weight so it balances out, no? If other Cobras are running mid 12's at speeds of 108-110 with 20 less rwhp than me than why are 12's that hard to come by for me. Like I said, my carbed 89 Lx was a 12.4 car at 109mph and my Cobra beat that car on the street and from a roll on the freeway and that car weighed only 2900+lbs. Where does the physics argument apply here buddy? There are too many other factors involved besides weight. You're too shortsighted to see the difference.

Like I said, I will run anybody who wants to run. I've been on this board for a long time now, why would I post crap if I could run into people who would disprove me. Not my style but these two asses don't know me and that is understood. I'm cool with anybody who agrees and doesn't agree with me especially if we keep it respectable. It's these two assholes who think I drum this **** up for creative writing that piss me off.

[This message has been edited by 96SNAKE (edited 03-05-2001).]
Old 03-05-2001, 09:51 PM   #36
EZRIDN
Registered Member

Angry

96SNAKE---Some people don't understand what all is involved with drag racing. The story is believable, and its unreal how you have been here 2 years, and this guy w/ 6 post is tryin to start stuff. He needs to lay off, he wasn't there, and he needs to chill out.....

Some people need to get off the internet, and stop reading magazines....actually go to a drag strip to see what goes on, and see how cars perform here in the real wolrd. Most of the people here have plenty of experience draggin, and have been here for YEARS!!!!!!!

------------------
'86 GT.
Gears & Flows
Old 03-05-2001, 09:56 PM   #37
sedanman
Registered Member

Ok excuse me if I am rude but well I am probably going to come off a little rude. But here we go anyone who has had a chevy can tell you that when you go to push the chevy it is hard at first then as you get it moving it gets easier to pick up speed right? Why it has to deal with inital movement if you want I can explain this in more technical terms but I don't want to go over your head to far. And any dumb a$$ that thinks that all that matters is curb weight and horsepower is a moron.

Ok, sorry for the cheap shot on the chevy.
Also I would be more than happy to get more indepth with the calculations if you want to see what ALL goes into figuring acceleration curves.

------------------
1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd, GT-40 Heads, Cobra intake, 73MM mass air, 65mm TB, FPR, 24lb injectors, E303, Headers,off road H-pipe, Flows, K&n , hurst, 3:55's, pullies, etc...
Best ET 13.5 (2.15 60ft)
Best MPH 103.9
On semi-bald street tires
New mods! electric fan, nitto drag radials, mac upper and lower control arms, HD trac-loc, lakewood 50/50's on back, shift light, centerforce dual friction, and rebuilt heavy duty T5

Old 03-05-2001, 10:05 PM   #38
GP6T
Registered Member

LIZARD KING?????
It seems that you agree with me. Only thing is YOU dont know what your talking about as far as gears and tires, lets disect your comments.#1" With shorter gears, car "a" sticks in it's power range",(WRONG, with a close ratio gearbox car A would stick in its power range, NOT shorter gears. shorter gears increase Torque multiplacation and thats IT buddy. #2"with a better shifter, car "a"
get's faster shifts"(has nothing to do with the cars power, although can help in 1/4 times, but not much. see early posts we are not really talking about 1/4 times, mostly pure acceleration).#3 "with better tires, car "a" can apply his 300HP to road without slipping on any gear and launch harder (even from a roll)"(again see above we are not talking pure 1/4 times mostly just pure acceleration or dyno results, and lets be honest here I dont think 300 hp will cause much of a traction problem)... #4 "i got more, but I think you get the point", (YOU DO!!! I'd love to hear them cuz I'm pretty amused at your lack of knowledge and how arrogant you must be to write a post like that. all youve proven so far is that you have no clue what your talking about)
THE ONLY REASON YOU GUYS ARE PISSED OFF IS BECAUSE I REFUSE TO JOIN YOUR CIRCLE JERK EGO STROKING PARTY. Maybe we could tell some big fish stories. Once I caught a fish THIIIIIIIIS big. Ive been around and BUILT(all makes) enough cars to know that 96SNAKE reads from the fiction section at his local library. I just had the nads to call him on it, but thats OK if you guys want to play FANTASYLAND CAR GUY, go ahead. I will continue to be The Beacon of Reality when the sh!t starts getting to deep.
FASTANG I am not gp001, nor is he me. One thing he is, is a realist. You really would be looking at his cocky A$$.
OBVIOUSLYMOREKNOWLEDGABLY YOURS,
THE DREADED BEACON OF REALITY
Bon Voyage........im goin fishin
Old 03-05-2001, 10:09 PM   #39
gp001
Registered Member

96WORM,
Hate to point out that MOST replies to your post challenge you CLAIM.

Sedanman,
If you ONLY consider HP & weight you get your IDEAL (meaning BEST possible) set of numbers. Try clicking on the analyzer on this site
3500lb car to run 12.99 needs 315 rwhp MINIMUM. But I guess they are wrong too.

Other factors (friction loss, drag, air resistance, driver error, etc...) only LOWER this number.

------------------
In a 66 coupe
Old 03-05-2001, 10:12 PM   #40
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

I knew something was goin' on in here when I saw the # of posts shoot up.

Okay now I have to say something. Glad you guys kissed and made up

Yeah, the current mods that 96SNAKE has on his car will NOT get it into the 12s. But you don't have to run 12s to beat an SS. It is very much possible to beat an SS with a 15 second car. Right? Yes. If the driver sucks and pulls slower 15s b/c of spinning, missing gears, bad shifting, etc.

Now SNAKE's Cobra is no 15 sec car, neither is he a 15 sec driver. I will have to believe him when he says that amount of car lengths, but it is also kinda hard to get out and measure car lengths during mid race. Let's say he beat the SS by 2 or 3 car lengths. So what. He basically smoked it.

I beat a '95 Cobra a few days ago a little easier than I should've, the guy shifted poorly and while I have know doubt I can beat most STOCK Cobra's, I don't expect it to go AS smoothly if I go up against another Cobra. I can't toy with Cobras, not yet, my car just ain't fast enough.

One last thing, I have a hard time really caring if someone believes my post on a kill or not. I was there if it happened to me, not you (anyone), and I am not some insecure little snot that needs the admiration of many to fill my cup for the day. If you want to call me on the post, cool, but start acting like a hefer, to me, it's not worth the typing nor the time.

96SNAKE,
WHY ARE YOU WASTING YOUR BREATH? GP6T DOESN'T BELIEVE YOU. DO YOU THINK YOU WILL CONVINCE GP6T THAT YOU WON? ARE YOU SURE YOU BEAT THE SS? IF SO, ISN'T THAT GOOD ENOUGH? How much does it matter to you that GP6T believes you?????
(Man, I don't know why people get all powered high powered.)

Still though, I'm glad there's other people here who will question kills, just do it with a tad less sarcasm understanding that this ain't a "ricer" board.

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 3.55 gears (Now that's more like it!!)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body

Closed Thread