MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-28-2001, 01:07 PM   #21
Unit 5302
Registered Member

You'll get no argument here.

Factory stock LS1 vs Factory stock 5.0/4.6, considering equal driving talents, the LS1 will beat any current production Ford Mustang (except R), and every production Ford Mustang back till 1970.

Tough to say what the old motors can do, but, the 428 Mach1's trap higher than the LS1, according to old tests, plus they have more low end.

I really, really need to get my Uncle to dyno his.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 02:10 PM   #22
vande97
Registered Member

Sorry i have been out of town for the last few days and have not had time to review my post but i must say i did not think i would get that many replies. But all you guys can go to HE!! if you think i did not beat this sorry peice of crap Ls1. I laugh at the people that dont think this is possible, up to 80mph i had this guy, he was ripping threw the gears just as fast as i was! I did get the better jump tho. but as i said the highway was another story. but i just got my heads cam and intake today so i think i will put a big sign on my window saying (I HATE CHEVY)! I Would love to race one of these guys in an ls1 with my stock mustang. The only thing i have done to it before i raced this thing(CHEV) was a bigger TB, and Exhaust
For anyone that would like to race me I will Be at statin when the NMRA comes around this year you will know who i am( look For the SIGN I hate CHEV)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
vande97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2001, 11:47 AM   #23
GONZO99TA
Registered Member

vande97
nice kill on "that ss"! i would not get to thinking that they all run like that one or all drivers are as bad as that one.
oh just my opinion, but i would stop calling your mustang "stock". a TB and exhaust are not stock! my car is is stock 100% (no aftermarktet parts and no free mods, exactly the way the dealer delivered it).once you start modding it ain't ford vs chevy anymore, it is who is willing to spend more!

------------------
99 30th annv. Trans am
79 Trans am black se
GONZO99TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2001, 12:32 PM   #24
vande97
Registered Member

IF you remember right in the first post i wrote i said ALMOST stock! And i do Know the diff.between stock and none stock!
vande97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2001, 01:40 PM   #25
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mean50:
Unit 5302

Well no I don't consider 4.10's stock, change the gear in the Z28 to 4.10's and it will help it and would be fair. I HATE to admit it, but stock vs. stock, the new Z28's will beat the mustangs. :-( (crying)

This is very true, stock vs. stock the LS1 are faster. But keep in mind that for the money that you save buying a mustang, you could buy the parts needed to make the car faster. So $ for $ the mustang is faster.

I have faith that the next body style stang will be even faster than ever!

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, performacne chip, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2001, 02:10 PM   #26
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Oh and when my car was near stock, only K&N and cat-back, a took an LT1 pretty badly. He was gaining at 70 mph or so, but I did have him by 2 or 3 car lengths til then (hit the next red light). So I believe it is possible.

Old 03-01-2001, 02:36 PM   #27
LeadSled1
Registered Member

Not exactly true. The Z28 costs the same as the GT and when you could get the Cobras the SSs were cheaper. I got my 99 fully loaded for $22.5K.

jess
LeadSled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2001, 03:03 PM   #28
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Really!? Wow in Canada I don't think that's true. Before I bought my 95 GT, I looked at a couple Z28's and a firebird and a new GT. The used Z28 was almost as much as a GT, let alone the new Z28 and Firebird.
Old 03-01-2001, 08:39 PM   #29
fastang
Registered Member

Wink

Dont worry 95mustanggt, you got the better car Check out the prices of the aftermarket parts between the two cars.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, 355's K&N, off road pipes, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 11:07 AM   #30
Mean50
Registered Member

Well it isn't too hard to beat the LT1's b/c I have beat a few myself. I can give first hand info on the LS1's though b/c I drive my friend's all the time and I have raced anything that will run me. I like winning b/c I am driving, but beating a Mustang almost makes me cry! :-(

------------------
89 LX Coupe
306, 10:1 compression, Holley Heads, Intake, and Cam package, 70 mm Throttle body and Mass Air, 30 lb injectors, 255 lph fuel pump, 1 5/8" full length headers, Flowmaster 2 1/2" American Thunder Cat back system, Centerforce dual friction clutch, 4.10 gears
50-175 hp Nitrous Works kit, 5" Auto Meter Shift Light
Mean50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 01:47 PM   #31
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by GONZO99TA:

oh just my opinion, but i would stop calling your mustang "stock". a TB and exhaust are not stock!
HAHAHAHA! OMG... the exhaust and T/B probably gave him 5 horse unless he has an H-pipe. The T/B probably actually hurts. Dude, as far as I'm concerned, that IS stock performance. He could have gotten that by chucking the air pump, or giving it a tune up.

I can see it now when you get beat by a stock 'Stang. "Your car isn't stock!! You've got aftermarket hi-po plug wires!" That's the most ridiculous, pathetic, worthless excuse on why the X-brand car may have lost a race.

Course, then again when you post of your loss to the stock it'll read like this.

I barely lost to totally modded out 4.6 Cobra, I missed 2nd gear otherwise I would have had him. He had a 14psi intercooled supercharger. It was wicked! Damn, it would have been sweet to beat him. I spun too much off the line so he got like 5 carlengths right there, his 14spi boosted Cobra was no match for my stock LS1 though, I missed second, I was only back like 4 cars at that point, once I shifted into 3rd (where the LS1's really shine) I was reelin him in like a 2lb bass on 10lb test! What do those things have? Must've had like 300rwhp with the boost, cause my stock LS1 puts 320 to the ground and I barely had more!

Old 03-02-2001, 08:44 PM   #32
GONZO99TA
Registered Member

unit 5302
my comment about his car being stock was not in any way an excuse for why the SS lost that race. if you would read it again i said that it was a nice kill on that SS. the SS driver lost that race. anything can happen on the street. hell i've even managed to beat a few 5.0's (very few )with my 79 ta (that is close to stock, it only has headers and better tires)
the comment about his car being stock was because i see too many people claiming things of cars that are supposed to be stock, then you find out that they changed this or that. whether it hurt or increased his performance does not matter to me. i just think people say that their cars are stock too often when they are not.

vande97
i was refering to this comment. you refer to your car as stock. also do i sense a little hatred towards gm :P
"if you think i did not beat this sorry peice of crap Ls1. I laugh at the people that dont think this is possible, up to 80mph i had this guy, he was ripping threw the gears just as fast as i was! I did get the better jump tho. but as i said the highway was another story. but i just got my heads cam and intake today so i think i will put a big sign on my window saying (I HATE CHEVY)! I Would love to race one of these guys in an ls1 with my stock mustang. The only thing i have done to it before i raced this thing(CHEV) was a bigger TB, and Exhaust"
Old 03-04-2001, 01:31 PM   #33
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Question

Headers and tires and you were taking 5.0's? Okay, well maybe the 1979-1980's, and the 1983-1986 CFI's.

Otherwise, I call total BS.

A 180hp car against a 175-225hp car that weighs 500lbs less and launches good is a pretty out there claim. Those 79 TA's were good for high 16sec quarters. La dee da. We used to take those things in my buddies 307 powered 84 Cutlass, and he would get slaughtered by every single 5.0 he raced. It was a nightmare to him. He'd go and race the early mid/late 70's and 80's Fbody cars and he'd beat them. Then he'd race mid 80's to later 5.0's and get whooped. It drove him insane. Every single time. He's now the owner of a '87 Mustang GT, if you can't beat 'em join em. He's never been happier. No more endless weekends working under the hood, no more days and nights under the pile trying to figure out what was wrong.

I heard there was some "special" limited edition Trans Am with a 455 or something that could actually run, but all the rest, including that sick *** 6.6L, 350, and whatever else they slapped in that thing that were just worthless. I beat those cars in my fricken 140hp Mustang II with an auto and 170k on the odometer, just plain pathetic dude.

You're talking a 2sec discrepency here. That's like claiming a 1996-1998 Mustang GT beat a couple LS1's, with just headers and tires. Yeah, not a prayer in hell.

As far as not calling his car stock? Like I said before, no gains worth mentioning, it's stock. His car probably hasn't even picked up a tenth over the factory time. What, do we start having to call our cars modified when we have SVO spark plug wires on them?
Old 03-06-2001, 06:17 PM   #34
GONZO99TA
Registered Member

yup, you converted me.
i'm going to get rid of my ta's and get a 5.0 mustang, they are unbeatable!