MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-12-2001, 10:36 AM   #1
Z28EATR
Registered Member

Post Is this a loss? I want opinions

Im so po'd i could have a heart attack. I was in a two lane turning lane to turn onto mall road, a white eagle talon was one car up and one car to the left of me, he sees my headlights and throws a rev, so i throw one back, the light goes green and we turn onto mall road well, i have to play catch up cause he wouldnt slow down, as im slowly climbing up on him i see a boost gauge on his driver side pillar, i think well this will be interesting, well instead of making him slow down to where im in my power band he stays right where he was probably making full boost and i was stuck trying to decide to try from a boggy third or an almost redlined second. Well i choose second and he gunned it, i gunned it, hit 6k and shifted into third when he dam near cut me off and then put on his hazards like he won, Now hey im a man and i can admit to when i lose but that was the poorest excuse of a win i have ever seen. What do you guys\girls think?
Z28EATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 10:56 AM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Technically,
I would say its a loss...
I agree its a poor excuse of a win for him, but still a win. Many folks will do anything to get a win any way they can, its just a fact of life.

To be honest, I always make them adjust their speed to me, or we go from a stop. I learned the hard way that you never give someone an edge in street racing.

I had a Camaro that wanted to race down an empty street one night. He would stay at a constant speed until I got to his rear bumper and then gun it. I wouldn't take the bait and just let him go. After 3 tries of this, he got mad, flipped me off and sped off....
Hey, if you can't line up right, I ain't racin....

If they want it bad enough, they'll play by your rules... Just my opinion.

------------------
"The Yellowjacket"

1947: Chuck Yaeger hears that the sound barrier can't be broken
2001: Hammer hears that 98 GTs are slow...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 11:01 AM   #3
Z28EATR
Registered Member

thanks for the imput hammer, i must agree although my pride does not, i can take a loss out of that, i mean the car was fast, but i just dont know if the results would have been the same from a dead stop, i just didnt like the way he was so quick to jump in front of me almost cutting me off and call it a day so to speak.
Old 03-12-2001, 11:05 AM   #4
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

You lost that race... should of gotten him to race from a clean start.
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 04:48 PM   #5
Fostang
Registered Member

yup I agree with hammer nothing like being even I wont even race from a roll.

------------------
67'fastback- Edelbrock carb, intake, cam, valve springs. Road lifters, Comp Cam rocker arms, windage tray, cerama coated headers, dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4, tci stall converter, perma cool electric fan, aluminum water pump, griffen aluminum radiator, accel 8.8 cable, wide cap distriburator, magnetic pick up, manley valves, v-matic hurst shifter, edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump, ignitor coil, solid motor mounts, magna racing suspension, poly urathane bushings, und
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 05:55 PM   #6
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

The way I see it, it is a loss, but it doesn't mean that the other car is faster than yours.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 12:55 PM   #7
StreetStang37
Registered Member

You should have stayed in third for a shot. 6000 is to much for the stock motor (heads/intake/cam) to make power. You would have been in your powerband in third. Still, I only race from a dead stop on the more serious races.

------------------
1993 Mustang GT - March Ram Air & Pullies, K&N, C&L 73mm MAF, Super Competition Hooker Headers, 2 1/2 in. mandrel bent cat back, High Flow H-Pipe, Pro 5.0 Shifter, 16* Timing Advance
StreetStang37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 03:03 PM   #8
Z28EATR
Registered Member

you are all right!!! i got beat and i deserved it but guess what, there will be a next time and come hell or highwater im gonna spank that ricer with his jugle gym wing or else!!!!
Old 03-13-2001, 03:59 PM   #9
Fostang
Registered Member

That's a very positive attitude! Next time you see him on the street after he's done bragging to everyone he beat you and there is a couple of people watching. We'll see who gets the last laugh.

------------------
67'fastback- Edelbrock carb, intake, cam, valve springs. Road lifters, Comp Cam rocker arms, windage tray, cerama coated headers, dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4, tci stall converter, perma cool electric fan, aluminum water pump, griffen aluminum radiator, accel 8.8 cable, wide cap distriburator, magnetic pick up, manley valves, v-matic hurst shifter, edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump, ignitor coil, solid motor mounts, magna racing suspension, poly urathane bushings, und
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 08:30 PM   #10
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs up

Yeah, he won that race--if you wann call it a race (even if it was a DISHONEST win). But dude, I really admire your attitude! What a wonderful world this would be if people would just accept losses and not whine about it. (like myself)

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 3.55 gears (Now that's more like it!!)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body

Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote