MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-11-2001, 11:56 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Wink Guy at Work sold Cobra and got 99 Z28 6 spd.

Some of you all might rememfber my posts about me and the guy at work having a rivalry between us.

He talked trash about my "SLOW" 2000 GT and how his 2000 Z28 Auto could beat me. Well we raced. I WON.

He traded his Z28 in on a 98 Cobra. He talked more trash, he said the Cobra was a hell of alot faster. We raced three times...I WON THREE TIMES. Does anyone see a trend going on here.

Well, he put 3:73 on his Cobra,and supposedly some other things. He found out that I had ordered several things. I didnt tell him it was only an Off-road H-pipe and Pulleys. He backed down from a race, even though I didnt have the stuff on my car yet.

Well, now he sold his Cobra and got a 99 Z28 6spd. It still has the Skip SHift crap enabled, and he drives like a three legged dog runs.

I hate to sound cocky, but I smell an easy victory. This guy has lied so much about us racing. He's told everyone that I lost everyone of those races and put THOUSANDS of dollars in mods in my car. UMMMM...NO...

I spent roughly 330$.

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, 3:1 rear gear. Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 windsor valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 sled rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified autolite 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. And to many others to list

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle

64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe. Auto. project car.

[This message has been edited by Mercury (edited 05-11-2001).]
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 12:24 PM   #2
LT1 Z28
Registered Member

I don't understand why people lie about races.
LT1 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 12:40 PM   #3
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Cool

*shrug* videotape the races lol

sounds like fun nevertheless =P

lol it sounds like he drives like sh*t and is lookin for a car that'll make up for it

And skipshift isnt hard to get around in daily driving, or you can simply stick a resistor in the end of the plug...

Or what ive done..just unplug it and ignore the code it throws

Phil
Jerico Performance
SkarodoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 01:18 PM   #4
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Skarodom.

YOur exactly right, he's trying to find a car that will do the driving (racing) for him. All he thinks you have to do is just put your right foot to the floor and shift at the redline.

His 2000 Z28 put up a better race than the 98 Cobra, but I thinks its because the cobra is a little harder to race/drive. Its more for people with experience.

As for him lying. Hes always done that. Even at work when he screws up something. Its never his fault. That and his pride was hurt. My car cost several grand less than either the Z28 or the Cobra and he had his ego knocked down.

CHEAP GT's arent supposed to be able to hang with LS-1's or Cobras, Didnt you all know that: Well, thats according to him, so he thought I spent thousands of dollars modifying my car, when in fact it was stock as hell.

After a meeting, we were supposed to race, a guy actually did bring a Camcorder to tape it. It was the main reason everyone came to the meeting, to see the race afterwards. People had been talkin about it for 2 weeks prior. They even had a betting pool going on. I'm not sure what the odds were for me, but one of the drivers told me they were in my favor. Three Quarters of the people at work are racing fans, half of those used to street race alot, and all of those are redneckish.

But brad waited till everyone left to run. What a wimp. Needless to say everyone was rather upset when brad declined to line them up.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 09:59 PM   #5
KillaZ350
Registered Member

Thumbs up

So he went from a 2000 Z28 Auto, to a 1998 Cobra, then back to a 1999 Z28 6speed
He must be the worst driver in the world becaus he should have won with the 2000 Z a4! I can see him loosing with the 6speed, but an A4??hmmm

------------------
1998 Z28 Camaro LS1
White ext/ lthr int
Flowmaster AT Catback- MTI Air Lid-
KillaZ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 02:22 PM   #6
Fostang
Registered Member

What kind of times do the Z-28's with the 6 speed run? Trying to see if I should run a friend who just got one.

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 03:13 PM   #7
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Cool

New ones?

Super-high 12's - mid 14's depending on car/weather/acts of god/driver skill...

Just depends... Its not like youre gonna lose $ right? Go run the fool

Phil
Jerico Performance
SkarodoM is offline   Reply With Quote