MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2001, 01:15 AM   #1
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

Post Smoked an LT-1 camaro, wounded cougar

Tonight I was going to get some grub at Taco Bell and I saw a black convertable Z28 camaro (about '94 or so) and he reved at me (I assume it was a stick, but he could have been shifting to N to rev) and so I down shifted and slammed in to the floor and pulled away damn fast for my car (must be running good) So he floored it and caught up. Then I pulled into Taco Bell where they followed me. I was about to get out to eat and this guy and his friend in the camaro are like, "lets go run em!" So, not able to resist we drove to a back road and lined up. They seemed new to racing because they didn't even honk, the guys friend just yells, ready set go! So I get on it and peel out big time, he does to, we finally hook up about the same time and stay pretty even. I hit second and pull a fender or so. From then on out I kept pulling steadily. We hit about 90 and shut it down because of an intersection. I pull in front of him and turn. He's about to pull up next to me when some idiot runs a stop sign and pulls out right in front of me. I swerve to miss him and smack the curb hard! My rear left wheel is completely screwed now and I bent the axle shaft. The guy that pulled out in front of me just left and the guy I just beat sped by and flipped me off. I put the spare on and drove home with the brakes making horrible noises from that wheel the whole way. Pissed me off big time. But, there are two good things to come of this.
1: The wheel I tore up was the only one I had that was scratched up on the rim.
2: Now I have an excuse to buy this turbo coupe rear end from a friend (3.73 gear and disc brakes!!)

Sucks that I have to buy a new rear end and wheel, but oh well, if only I could have gotten the assholes plate number that ran the stop sign, then it'd be on them.

------------------
Michael Black
Quantum Motorsports
Norman, Oklahoma

1988 Merc Cougar 5.0 HO, P heads, 2.25" custom mandrel bent dual pipes, T5 five speed tranny
New E/T!!!
14.626 @ 94.94mph