MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-30-2001, 04:05 PM   #1
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Post Funny Stuff from Dallas

Out cruisin the other night, saw a 94\95 5.0 mega-riced out.... Custom multi-colored paint, lotsa stickers, and of course, the huge "must have" park-bench double wing....

We start at the light and we go on the green. I start pulling steadily from the top of second on... He kept trying every way he could think of, and it always ended the same for him. From a stop, a roll, high-speed... You could tell he was starting to get peeved.

I motioned him to pull over and I asked what he had. Typical: K&N, flowmasters, shot of nitrous... He got kinda pissed when I was surprised to hear that he was spraying on me...

Another interesting interaction:
One of my good friends at work got into a conversation about Mustangs with a dude at the local Firestone. The Firestone guy was saying how fast his 98 GT was, and that he wanted to run me...
Well, I show up this afternoon with my car and take a look at his...
It was rather humourous. Stickers (or maybe STIKRZ) were EVERYWHERE on this poor GT. "**** Racing", "***** Performance"
They were on the hood, the front bumper, the corner panels, the trunk.... UGH!

I REALLY wanted to put the sticker freak out of his misery at this point.

Without looking under the hood, this guy was totally stock other than a cat-back, pimpin wheels, toyo tires, and lowering springs.
No guages, no nitrous lines.... Nothing!

So my friend introduces us and he seems to be a nice guy.... He says "Sure I'll run ya, hope ya feel like losing..." and then I pop my hood.

I swear his eyes bulged out of his sockets and glazed over at that point. The next words out of his mouth were:
"I'll run you for 4 hundred dollars..."
WHAT!

So your telling me that you won't even run unless I put up some money.... "yep"

Well let me see what you have under the hood...
"Sorry, I don't do that..."

Let me get this straight, you won't just race me for fun, only if I put up 400 dollars, and even then you won't pop the hood.

I absolutely could not believe it...
Where was this 400 dollar crap when he was talking to my work buddy, or before I popped the hood?

He's definately got a 98 GT, with NO worthwhile mods that I can detect in the cockpit or under the car... He's even got the stock shifter!

If there was any time that I wished I had a lot of money to chance, this was it. This guy is a poser hiding behind stickers, flowmaster exhaust, and a high bet price...

If he had a lot of engine work done, he'd want to show it off... I know I do...

But just in case he's got some huge a&& motor with a hidden 250 shot, I can't chance that kind of money....

What a ricer butt head... If there's a God, I'll meet him at a light one day....

------------------
"The Yellowjacket"
Ricer 1: What the heck was that!?
Ricer 2: I don't know. It looked kind of like a yellow SN95 Mustang.
Ricer 1: Nah, fast SN95 Mustangs don't exist... Must have been a mirage or something...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 04:09 PM   #2
what_import
Registered Member

Hmmm....I wonder what he would had said if you said "ok...lets run" ( WITHOUT SHAKING ON IT) hypothetical if you will...
what_import is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 04:40 PM   #3
red82gt
Sober voice of Reason

Wink

I would've called him on it and said "I don't turn the key for less than a grand " and then watch him fight his way out of that corner.

------------------
GT-40 heads (ported, polished, + milled), B303 cam, 1.7rr's, JE pistons, Offy intake, Carter AFB 625cfm carb, Flowtech 1 5/8" shortys, Flowtech X-pipe, MAC Flowpath exhaust, MAC pulleys, 373's, subframes, Eibachs+Tokicos, B&M ripper, FMS Clutch, Zoom Quadrant+cable, 17" CSA Ultra rims, 235/45ZR17 Yokohama AVS S4's, MSD 6A ignition+coil, FMS 9mm wires, Carbed, Naturally Aspirated, and Nasty!
red82gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 05:24 PM   #4
lx mike
Undescribable

I'm with red tell him pop your hood and you'll go for a Grand, either that or just happen to be around there when it's closing time.

------------------
93-LX: 5 Speed, Flow's with H-Pipe, 3.73's Sub's and K&N.
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 06:30 PM   #5
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

****** hammer why dont you race him! All you have to do is evaluate his traction. Look at his tires and under his car. If hes got 225's doesnt matter if he has that 250shot its not gonna goto the ground. Put $400 on it and race.

Or get under his car and look at his exhaust, that will tell you something there.

Go back with slicks and $400 in hand, or I will race him, but he better have $2000.

Sky

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406- TFS Heads, E-303, edelbrock intake,70MM TB, 73mm MAF, off road H, headers and 3chamber flows.
12.55@107mph
50-175 Nitrous Works WET Kit just added.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 08:45 PM   #6
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Sky,
First of all, I don't have 400 dollars to bet...

As far as scoping out his car, I checked out everything I could on his car before he came out, that's why I think he's close to stock....

Stock exhaust other than the cats-back....
No nitrous line visible under the car....
No guages or switches in the cabin...
Heck, even the shifter looked stock...

Now he did have 275s in the back and 225s in the front, but I can't count the number of cars I've seen with nice meats on the back and no power to back it up....
Only other mods that I could see were chrome wheels and stickers...

99% chance this guy is domestic rice, I just don't have the cash to call him out.

Like I said, he better pray I don't catch him at a light... I guarantee we'll find out then unless he backs down... which would only confirm my suspicion...

I just thought it was funny the way it went down...

[This message has been edited by Hammer (edited 05-30-2001).]
Old 05-31-2001, 05:06 AM   #7
69fastback
IRAQ VET

He could just be rice or it could be the real thing u never know. I have a freind with a 65 mustang. People ask him what he has and he says i don't a v8. Then when he pops the hood they see the 289 on the intake and think they are going to blow him away. Well it is actually a 347 stroker that runs high 10s. With the help of a little blue bottle. Then he will show the guy the bottle in the trunk and let the guy turn it off himself. Well the second bottle is under the deck lid and runs into the same lines as the first bottle. All i am saying is some ppl our just full of bs and some ppl are full of bs with very fast cars.
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 08:16 AM   #8
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

The thing that gets on my nerves is that I know this model and motor like the back of my hand, and to be honest, there are only a few REAL ways to get LOTS of hp from a mod motor...

First: engine swap.... I'm not even going to try to figure what it would take to drop in a stroked 302 or 351 into a 96-98 Stang, wiring harness and computer would have to be changed at least. I doubt he's got the time\money for that

Second: Supercharger\Turbo. Who's got forced induction who isn't smart enough to have guages to monitor it?

Third: Nitrous. Well, you need to have a line from the bottle. (Which wasn't present that I could see) You also need an arming switch in the cabin at least, and usually there's a nitrous engage switch also if its not set for Wide Open Throttle...

Fourth: Motor Work. There is a 300ci stroker kit from SHM. You can get new heads, intake, and do some port\polish work. But who would go through all that work and leave the stock headers and H-pipe on?

I guess anythings possible, but my guess is rice.... I just wish I had the cash to lose to prove it...