MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-08-2001, 01:31 PM   #1
5.0-man
Registered Member

Post Just took MAMA for a ride!!Must read! FUNNY

Hi all! First off, me and my mom are very close. I got hurt at age 17 and been in a wheelchair ever since. The first 2 years she helped me and took care of me until I was able to do it on my own. Now 12 years later, alot has changed, I'm married and moved out, but we are still close. I have a coupe that runs 12.50s N/A and I went visit her today. She was sitting in my car and it was the perfect timing. I said "close the door and lets go!" You have to picture that she is old fashion and never drove or rode in anything faster than her buick century! So we went down the road and I turned around going back to her house. I heated up the tires and she said OHHHHHHHH!! haha, It was so funny! I stopped and brought the RPMs to about 2800. I let her loose!!! I looked over and her left hand was white as it was digging into my seat. The right hand was clawed on my roll bar. I held it through 1st gear and hit second. We where cruisin! I held it through second gear and she had enough!!! She screamed my nic name which is NIG and I let off. I guess we where doing about 80+ mph. Although she was kinda shocked, she had one of those grinny kind of smiles on her face that only a Ford mustang can bring out! She said,"so thats what you do at the track huh?" It made me feel so good cause I know she enjoyed it! Have any of you guys take your mom for a ride? Try to talk her into it! I promise it will turn out to be one of those moments that both you or her will remember always! Take care and drive safely! 5.0-man
(Scott)

------------------
1989 LX Coupe, N/A 306. Pro-M 77mm,70mm T.body,Edelbrock RPM intake,TrickFlow heads,Crane cam,Eagle rods,10.1 pistons,Hooker long tubes,MSD 6-AL,C-4 W/3800 stall,4.11 gears,SSM's 12.33 @ 110 mph. Car is still being dialed in. Pictures and info on my webpage. (LA Mustangs) http://www.louisianamustangs.com
5.0-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 01:38 PM   #2
Phantom5oh
Registered Member

Yeah I take my mom in my car all the time but I took her for a RIDE once too. Lets just say she didn't seem to enjoy it as much as yours did. The last time my dad took her out in my car she decided that he should stick to his Explorer, instead of buying a new Mustang.

Phantom

------------------
1983 GLX Convertible 5-Speed, knife-edged crank, internally balanced, TRW 11:1, custom cam, ported Windsor Jrs, Manley Valves, CCs roller lifters, dual springs, ARP stud kit, 600cfm Edelbrock Torker 2, Mallory Ignition, Canton 7qt traps windage tray baffles, Hooker Super Comp Headers 1 5/8 primaries 3" collectors, Flowmasters, K&N, ASP puleys, Maximum Motorsports C/Cs strut tower K member brace, through floor subframes, Grant wheel, billet pedals, 93 seats, Keystone rims
Phantom5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 05:08 PM   #3
NOS_Notch
Registered Member

Yeah....one time i had my 2 kids w/ me and we were coming back from dinner.
This guy is in like about an '86 monte SS
I guess he figured i was some kid w/ mom.
I'm 29 but look about 16...anyway....
He revs it a bit, i tell mom to "hold on"
He went first but my mickey's hook great...
i scream by him as i bark a good 2nd.....took it to third and my mom is yelling "slow down dammit...slow down...i'm gonna pee my pants"
we were all laughing like crazy..and the kids love it too.
That guy passed me and wouldn't even look over................

------------------
4.10's,long tubes & 75 shot...Goes 12.50's
Check it out at http://www.burnouts.webprovider.com
NOS_Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 07:13 PM   #4
DemonGT
Registered Member

yea i took my mom around like two blocks once after my exhaust install...we were like a block from home and all i did was tap the gas to make her leap alittle and my mom freaked out, she was like "GEEEEZZZ" ...haha still have to take my dad for a ride..when he was younger..before i was born..he had a 1971 and a half Dodge charger R/T with a 440 magnum..he is a anti ford guy..always talks bout how he is going to find himself a 69 dodge charger and whip my @ss with ..i just say.."whatever pops"

------------------
'91 GT,91K,T-5,air silencer removed,racing clutch(previous owner put in so dont know what kind),K&N air filter,Aiwa deck,power acoustic amp,2 12" pianeers,Mac long tubes,Cat-back,off road H,FMS 9mm wires

Future Mods:3.73's,Pro 5.0,Shifter knob,E303 cam,cobra intake,76mm MAF,70mm tb
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 01:17 AM   #5
ed1371
Registered Member

Talking

My parents are coming to visit me in June. I havent seen either of them in 6 years! Cant wait to give them a ride! They will finally see what I have been talking about for the past two years!
ed1371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 02:02 AM   #6
StreetStang37
Registered Member

My story is when I first got my car. I drove to Los Angeles from San Jose (500+ miles) with my parents to buy a Mustang this guy was holding it for me. When I got to LA I called the guy and he said "sorry man, I sold it 10 minutes ago, sorry man". I was pissed! He wasn't playing either. Well, we went to my uncles and stayed there for a while and looked through the AutoTrader. I found a car I liked but couldn't go look at it till the next day so my parents went back to San Jose and I stayed at my uncles, my grandma was gonna drive back with me. Well, I liked the car and bought it. It was either that or take the bus home (500++miles!!). As we were leaving, I told my grandma playing around "Don't get scared now!" and waited to pull out of the drive way, when I saw a small opening between some cars and thought "this is a 5.0, i'll be able to get in front fast enough" and as I pulled out of the drive way I stomped it and SLID SIDE WAYS all the way to the turning lane!! OOOPS! I never rode on bald tires before and just had a first hand experience. She laughed and understood that I wasn't use to the power because my other car was a 68 Mustang 6 banger.

------------------
1993 Mustang GT - March Ram Air & Pullies, K&N, C&L 73mm MAF, Super Competition Hooker Headers, 2 1/2 in. mandrel bent cat back, High Flow H-Pipe, Pro 5.0 Shifter, 16* Timing Advance
StreetStang37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 05:47 PM   #7
white00GT
Registered Member

Talking

My mom tried to drive my car one time. It was after me and my dad were coming back home from the day of putting my T-56 in. As soon as I walked up into the house my mom was all happy for some reason (she is never happy about my car), and she kept bugging my to drive it. I kept telling her no and all this stuff because I didn't want her to drive it. She bugged me to the point of where I started to think of ways that I could tell her that she could drive but really couldn't. Then it hit me, my T-56 has a reverse lock out and there is no way she is going to be able to get it in reverse. So I told her sure she could drive if she could get it in reverse and I gave her my keys. She put it in ever gear (1-6), but she could get it in reverse so I told her that I would take her for a ride. My oil and temps were still up from when I got home so I didn't have to wait for them to come up before I could jump on it. As soon as I backed outta the drive way I dropped it in 2nd and burned it all the way to the stop sing which is about umm...300-400ft I would guess. If I picture a track it looks to be about the 330 mark. She wasn't to thrilled about that so she made me take her back home, and she has never wanted to drive or ride in my car again.

------------------
2000 Mustang GT
white00GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 08:21 PM   #8
SCOTTLT79
Registered Member

Consider yourself lucky guys. I try to get my mother to take a ride with me and there is no chance in hell that it is ever going to happen. She wouldn't drive with me when I had my '90 4banger grand am, there is no way she's getting in the 5.0
later
Scott

------------------
95 Red Mustang GT
Pro 5.0
Mostly stock(looking to modify)
SCOTTLT79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 01:44 AM   #9
Tony Frank
Registered Member

Wow, well im only 19 and im in college so my dad is tinkering on my mustang, doing little things. when my car was stock my mom would drive it around because she says that she totally loves it. now the big joke in our house is that my mom made spare keys to drive it when im here at school. another good story is that when my parents got married my dad had a 69 mach 1 428 super CJ and my dad would get home from work at 9 AM so when he went to bed my mom strapped me in the baby seat in the back and went down the street and let the RPM's roar then dumped the clutch, left a patch. and my dad never knew untill he got rid of the car. he kicks himself for selling it.

------------------
1985 Mustang GT 15,000 original miles, cam, intake, headers, carb, windage tray, you know the goodies
Tony Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 02:23 AM   #10
Robert_5_liter
Registered Member

Talking

My mom takes my car and races it better than i can but she grew up with my dad running a car at every light.
Robert_5_liter is offline   Reply With Quote