MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-14-2002, 11:33 AM   #1
Jeb_Bush_2000
Registered Member

Thumbs up Smacked-down a Supercoupe...on Blizzaks!

Yep!

As is so often the case, when you're faced with a two-lane road that merges into one lane a little after the intersection, every car you line up with is willing to run it. Lucky for me, it was a black Supercoupe with a neon plate cover thing, and dumps.

I think if the ground wasn't a little damp, or if it was warmer, I would've been humiliated...but those Blizzaks are ten times better in the wet than any high-perf tire I've ever had, and by the time the kid hooked up, I was easily three cars on him and heading for third gear. I backed off at yellow-line in third, engine-braked a bit, and short-shifted to fouth at about 80mph, too far ahead to judge the distance back to him. It just wasn't there for the kid, but I must say, he would've given me a run for my money if I was on summer tires.

R.I.P. 05/30/02

"I've seen some crazy stuff in my life, but that...was...AWESOME!!! Oh, sorry about your car, man."
Jeb_Bush_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 03:12 PM   #2
Stang Runner
Registered Member

What was it stock??? With my friend best was a 15.2 with good tires. I hope to beat him no matter what tires he has. Up over 70MPh they do very good thor will go to 120+ ez
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm

Last edited by Stang Runner; 01-14-2002 at 08:49 PM..
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 06:07 PM   #3
jonnyk
Being stroked is great

Strange. My Blizzaks were infinitely worse than my Avon ZZ1 summer tires in the wet. They were decent in the dry, and awesome on ice and snow however...

Mods Pics
jonnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 07:07 PM   #4
Nitrous Al
Registered Member

Smile

Jeb, why don't you park your car and wait until Spring. The road may be dry, but "black ice" quickly puts a Mustang into a guard rail. I wrecked my '87 Mustang 5.0 LX four years ago on a small patch of black ice.
Old 01-15-2002, 12:28 AM   #5
Jeb_Bush_2000
Registered Member

jonnyk, that is strange. I used to have bald Cooper Cobras in the back, and it was like driving on Vaseline in the wet. Wheelspin in third gear wasn't unusual. Hell, I cut up two rims on an offramp when I lifted in third, going maybe 35-40mph. The Blizzaks might not be the best rain tires, but IMHO, they're a ton better than most summer tires in the wet.

R.I.P. 05/30/02

"I've seen some crazy stuff in my life, but that...was...AWESOME!!! Oh, sorry about your car, man."
Jeb_Bush_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote