MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-07-2002, 01:16 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Default Trash Talking LT-1 goes Down. Then a WRX and more.

Geez, if Monday and Tuesday are indication of how the weekend will go, I'm looking foward to it immensley.

First some background so this can be appreciated by all Mustang owners (BudMan, Tim C, RS350, and Navigator, you'll like this). Okay, I get along with MOST of the Firebird Club people, for obvious reasons (I'm dating one) and they for the MOST part have alot of respect for me, and my little GT. Theres this one guy that drives a White LT-1 Trans AM, Auto (Modified, chip, exhaust, airfoil, K&N) who always talks trash about Fords, and especially Mustangs.

Well, when I pulled in Saturday to meet Marya, I was fashionably late. I heard some of the Bird guys welling something, but my mind was focusing on Marya. Well the next day I find out they were talking trash about my car, and how it "Sure sounds good, but its slower than a Honda."

I found that the dude with the White LT-1 TA was doing most of the trashtalking. I was pretty hot, and was going to purpose a race this upcoming Saturday when I saw him (If I did, I'm not really sure what me and Marya will be doing..All I know is its something.).

Well on the way home from work, I decide to drive around some before heading home. I'm at an intersection, in the turning lane, waiting for my light, when I see a White TA drive through. My light turns, I take the left, and I see the TA's break lights. He starts slowing down. I speed up to catch up. When I get close, I hear it hit a gear lower. I dont know if it was Second, or Third, but it seemed to be up there in the RPMs. I slow down to 35, and go into second gear. Pull up beside him and he Nails it. I Lay the hammer down, and just walk by him like hes standing still. I hit third and see him falling back more.

Slowing down to see if he wants a second helping, we catch a light. I always have my window down, and the passenger had his window down. So I proceed to start talking trash.

"Damn Dude. DO you know which pedal is the Gas." I yell over. His passenger starts laughing. He lurches foward, and I do. The light turn, He spins, I spin. We both catch traction and take off. I just steadily pull away. I shut it down at 80. I had him by about 3 lengths maybe a tad more.

I slow down, and he passes me. We drive for a little bit, I trail him by a car length. Then we catch another light. I didnt think he'd want a third beating, but blips the throttle to the line. So I do the same and yelled "Bo, you just dont learn do ya."

We sat there waiting for the light. Now, for some strange reason, I put my car in nuetral. The light changed and I was caught off gaurd. He started spinning. I shoved it in first and floored it. He had a car lenght lead on me when I finally started rolling. I caught him by the end of first gear. I hit second and started pulling even more on him This time I rung her up onto 100 and turned my Hazards on. I had him by about 5-6 car lengths.

We slowed down, I put my hand out the window and gave him a thumbs up. He pulled even and I yelled over "LT-1 or LS-1". I hear this familar voice yell over "LT-1."

I lean foward and see Arons Big doofy head. I couldnt help it
"Aron...Is that you?" He looks over.

"Oh s**t. Hey D." (I get called Dee alot)

"Aron, I smoked your a*s. Dang Man."

NO offense Inferno or Rex (You are both respectable members of this forum and drive cool imports) but he said "At least in wasnt an import."

"Oh, I thought you said I was slower than a Honda man. Whats up with that." Of course he denied saying such.. I just waved and told him good race and left him again. I wanna see what he has to tell the FireBird Club about that.

Then I raced a Fox Body 5.0. I dont know if he was stock or what, sounded like exhaust. Think it was an auto.Thats all I could tell. Smoked him 3 times also. We started from a roll, about 35 MPH. I just wanted to see what he could do, so I stayed back. He slowed and tried to get me to race again. He slows down enough and waits till I'm about a car length behind him (We were doing 35 again.) then he nails it. I drop my baby in second gear and Take off. I pull on him like crazy. Catch him when I get into third. I pace him for a few seconds and keep gossing the throttle.

He was still at wide open the whole time. I just floor it and start pulling away. I go up to 90 (One car length lead due to my playing around) and let off. He does a fly-by and turns his Hazards on. WTF.

Then the light up ahead turns red. I was smiling so much it hurt. I pull up next to him and his girl was checking the car out. He Reved, so, I rev back. The light turns, he spins..And looses right there. Wasnt even much of a race. I left him bad.

Third time we catch another light. He revs again. The light turned and I let him take off. He got a little over a car lenght ahead when I nailed it. Beat him. I kept on it as long as I could till I had to let off for the curve ahead. So, I turn my Hazards on.

This post is getting long. And you all are probably asleep now from reading so much. I'll post the Tuesday WRX, and Formula LT-1 kills another time. I'll also be sure to write them so there more interesting.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 10:00 AM   #2
SSMOKEM
Registered Member

Hey Mercury,

Nicely detailed story and great kills

It's always a pleasant experience to dash the hopes of a trash talker, isn't it? I've had my share and enjoyed every one of them......

As we say here in Florida: "If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch"

1995 DCM Impala SS "Cherry Bomb"

Mods: 93% stock
Best ETs: Faster than my 1965 Chevy Pickup

My Super Impala SS Website
SSMOKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 12:36 PM   #3
FordFasteR
Registered Member

I love that story good one.

i dont know if you all know yet, but i sold my stang not too long ago but...

i've got so many stories of kills that it'll throw you back..

i have seen what a typical "bolt-on" LT-1 dynoes at the wheel... i know what a typical "bolt-on" LS-1 dynoes at the wheel...

with a cat back, the lt1 is around 250-170 rwhp..
with a cat back, the ls1 is around 325-rwhp..

with headers, and intake and cat back, the lt1 is around 300 rwhp.

with headers, and intake, and cat back.. the ls1 is around 350-375hp.

in my old stang, i would race and beat any of those lt1s no matter what mods they had...

and i could beat a bone stock ls1 z28 with ease...

when i sprayed (150 shot wet plate kit) i could beat any bolt-on ls1... at moroso, i took 3 SS camaro ls1s with ease) and

off the nitrous i beat a stock wrx . hehehe

enjoy.
Old 02-07-2002, 01:32 PM   #4
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Nice win, Merc!

I'm anxious to hear about your race with the WRX. I raced one at the track a few months ago and was very impressed with the AWD launch. I think the guy I raced cut a 1.6 or 1.7 60' - WOW! It didn't take me long to reel him though. He had increased the boost and fuel on it and ran a low 14 @ 99, I think.

Anyways, sounds like things are going well for you (race scene and otherwise).

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 02:19 PM   #5
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

The WRX I raced Tuesday was my second time racing one. I while back I raced a purple bluish one. I beat the kid pretty bad and he accussed me of Spraying Nitrious on him.

It became a heated arguement kinda. He claimed to Wax Mustangs all the time. I told him what I had and he kept adding..."and 75 shot."

I came to find out from my friend Sam who knows that kid, that he wasnt stock. He had something down to his Turbo, a downpipe and exhaust. What ever it was, it wasnt enough. I waxed him.

The Silver WRX didnt quite sound like the first one that I raced. I heard the turbo, and it blowing off, but nothing like that first one did.

I cant remember how bad I beat the Blueish one, that was a while back, but the silver one I had by 5 lengths by 100 MPH. He would of been a good race for that LT-1 Trans Am.

I wanna go to the track and get some times, and see if the Dyno at my old college is fixed yet. Almost every person I race insists I have more than what I say.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Old 02-07-2002, 04:31 PM   #6
budman94gt
Registered Member

good kill Merc,
which fireturd was it? Was it the dumb guy that works at power swaine?
94 GT 3:73 gears, K&N, Pro 5.0, Ford Racing Cobra R rims, Flowmaster two chamber cat-back, Mac off road h-pipe, march ram air, bbk underdrive pullies, and zoom king cobra clutch, steeda clutch cable and quadrant,

rice mod: powered by ford seat belt pads
budman94gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 05:00 PM   #7
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

Whew! - I was wondering if the story would ever end. j/k

Nice kills. I never talk trash unless I know I can back it up. You can't tell me this guy spanks every Stang he comes across. He should've known better.

"Damn Dude. Do you know which pedal is the gas?" LMAO
5 speed 302-Cobra Intake-GT40p heads-TFS stage 1 cam-FRPP 1.6 roller rockers-3:73 gears-KYB shocks and struts-Eibach Pro-kit-HPM Mega-bite upper and lower control arms-FRPP aluminum driveshaft-16x8 Chrome Cobra Rs

R.H.C. #14
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 07:53 PM   #8
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

ROMAL, good kills man. I hate trash talkers that can't back it up.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 08:15 PM   #9
Rev
Registered Member

Great story Mercury. Especially the LT1. I lined up next to a WRX last friday at street night at HRP. Talked to the guy in the staging lanes before hand while we were waiting for an oil slick clean up. He said his car ran 14.3 @ 92. He was a fairly friendly guy but we both knew it wouldn't really be much of a race. Seemed like I got him about 10 lengths.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 08:55 PM   #10
venumus93
Registered Member

Nice kills MERC! Always great to beat a trash talker. I guess he should stay on the porch, like SSMOKEM said...Woof! Woof! Later!
93Cobra#3974, 114K miles
3.55's, flo's, pullies, C&L
1/4: 13.985
60': 2.088 (street tires)
MPH: 99.58
venumus93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 10:22 PM   #11
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

nice kills merc
can't wait to get my stang back.

actually i can't wait to get out of school so i can get a brand new dark mineral grey gt or cobra

JAMES
Old 02-07-2002, 11:12 PM   #12
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Budman.

Yeah it was the guy from Power Swaine. That loud doofy MoFo. He got toasted. I cant wait what he has to say about it. My next target is that Pro-Am Purple and White Trans Am. WE played around in traffic once before but never had the chance to line em up.

Groper is dying to race me. He's going to ask Marya if he can race me with her car. She doesnt want to race me...For a good reason.

Oh, someone around town here is doing some bolting on to a 99+ Cobra. We have at least 4 things going to the same guy. Borla X-pipe, Pulleys, THrottle Body, BBK Cold Air Intake and more. Looks like there throwing the whole Brothers catalog at it. I dont reconginize the name.

Old 02-07-2002, 11:41 PM   #13
96SNAKE
Registered Member

Excellent job Merc. I love to hear about the trash talkers getting killed.

(96Cobra/softtop- Black&Tan, 3.73,almdrvsht,fancontrl,steeda sbfrmes,r-LCA's&shifter,eibachspgs,KYB's,FR-upper arms,Y2K Cobra R's,pulleys,Bassani X pipe(cats gutted),C&L 80mm,Stage 2 Clutch, polished intake and cam covers etc.. last dyno w/cats on-287rwhp.

93 Ford Probe Gt 4.39 stock gears and K&N (slower but turns)

2001 Green Ninja ZX6R
96SNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 12:21 PM   #14
EZRIDN
Registered Member

Sweet kill. Sounds like that GT can run. Awesome.

'87 GT..5 spd...Stock...14.4 @ 97 SOLD

'90 GT Conv. A4 Cream Puff...14.6 @ 94 SOLD

'99 Z28..A4..Stock stall, no tuning, all motor, full weight 11.92 @ 117.95 SOLD

'03 Centennal Edition GT 5 spd. 1 of 620 5 spd coupes made.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/03/100th.htm

Stock.....
13.89 @ 99.03

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/03/100th.htm
EZRIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 11:17 AM   #15
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

Dang, i am going to run a wrx that runs 13.6 @ 100, so i kind of wanted to see how you handled him, he said he wanted me to run on street tires, i said no way! they are AWD.

merc, not to sound rude, but do you always win? and never lose? or do you just not post your losses, and only kills.....
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer
Race weight: 3,120

E.t-13.57 with 26x10.50's e.t. streets. 1.88 60'

mph- 99.92 mph
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 02:01 PM   #16
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

In my 2000 GT, I've lost 3 races. I've posted them before. I dont consider that to bad a record considering I probably raced about 175+ races.

I lost to a 2000 GT Convert Auto (Spun bad out of the hole, I was to confident), a Trans AM LS-1 ( I missed third gear ), and the third one I cant remember.

One things is, I dont race unless I have a totally clear mind, if there is anything bugging me or distracting me, I wont do it. I dont want to loose control of my car and hurt anyone else, plus I dont want to miss gears and drive stupid (Like I was last night. I had so much on my mind I couldnt drive worth a crap.)

I make sure I'm mentally alert and up to the task.