MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-20-2001, 02:21 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Cool Finally got to run against my Friend!!!

Me and my Friend Tim C are always joking with one another on who the better driver is. And Every time we actually line them up on the streets, theres a cop nearby. There have been many occasions where we actually get side by side but out of nowhere comes a cop.

Well, not tonight. On the way to Texas Roadhouse we got side by side, and not a cop insight . We were talking to each other, and I could tell in his voice, he was thinking the same thing I was. "Damn, here it finally goes. We get to run one another!" I was kinda nervous to tell you all the truth.

I looked all around, no cops. The people behind me were making hand gestures and gawking at the three 99+ GT,s.

When the light turned, I Jumped on it quick. I got only about a 2 foot lead, and it just about stayed like that the whole time up to 100 MPH. Shifting into second, I broke traction for a split second. His front bumper was at the rear of my front tire, he gained on me when I shifted into third. he gained about a foot. I shifted about 200 RPM to early, and i have a damn stock shifter as opposed to his Steeda which is a straight shoot into third.

Either way, we were pretty much dead even.

It was a great race, easily the closest I've ever had. That was fun. I only had a foot or two on him.

Our other buddy that was cruising with us in his 2001 GT didnt try, he said it was fun to sit back and watch the show.

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, 3:1 rear gear. Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 windsor valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 sled rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified autolite 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. And to many others to list

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle

64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe. Auto. project car.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 02:30 AM   #2
Rev
Registered Member

What a great race. Sounds just like the one I had at the track against a '90 LX. Don't you just love that kind?

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 01:46 PM   #3
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Wink

It was a great race, had me nervous there. He has been driving a stick since he was like 14 or younger on his families farm. I have been driving a stick for like 6 months. But I have a buttload of street racing experience.

I couldnt believe we were that even, It would of been dead even if it wasnt for me getting the jump.

We tried to line up three wide on the way to the local hangout but traffic was way to heavy. Even if we got the chance, it would of been a stupid thing to do with all the traffic there was. Dont want to kill or hurt anyone. Despite my hobbie bieng risky to myself and other people, I try to make it as safe as possible, and take other peoples lives into consideration. I try to make responsible decisions.

WILL NOT RACE in nieghborhoods like some of these ricers do in my nieghborhood. If I catch them by god there in for something.

I will not race near any family places, like Chuckie Cheese, Discovery zones, or any place were theres a playground from a fast food place near the road.

Any sign of/or chance of someone thinking about pulling out into traffic ahead, I'll let off and swallow my pride (hey better to live and race another day than be dead)

I hope to show people Not all Street Racers are irresponsible teenie booper High school kids.

[This message has been edited by Mercury (edited 05-20-2001).]
Old 05-20-2001, 07:51 PM   #4
bada$$lx

Cool

So you ate one of your own? Good for you....everyone's fair game. To really see who the better driver is, you should switch cars.......it could just be that your car ws faster. I switched w/ a buddy of mine - whipped him twice.......no way of saying it's just the car.

------------------
'90 LX 5.0; 12K original miles (no sh*&); 3.55 gears; pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads; BBK shorties; MSD 6AL box w/ blaster 2 coil; Motorsport E303 cam; Pro-M 75mm MAF; BBK 70mm TB; Eibach spring kit; Southside welded subs; K&N cone filter charger; Hurst shifter; fiberglass turbo hood; A/C-less; rear seat-less; cat-less; 2 chamber Flos; Corbeau racing seats (fronts);
30# injectors; JMS Chip; 190 lb fp; TFS track heat Intake (12.299 @ 113)
Old 05-21-2001, 02:39 AM   #5
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Our cars are basically identical. He has a 99 Aniv ed GT, I have a 2000 GT. Both are 5 spds. We both have Flo-Tech Off road H-pipes.

Things begin to differ here, he has a Steeda Tri-Ax and ColdAir induction with a K&N and also 40 series flow masters.

All I have beside the H-pipe is a set of BBK pullies.

Were both very protective of our own cars, and dont let anybody else drive them. I only let one of my friends drive my car, and that was because I had a beer and didnt think I should drive for an hour.

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, 3:1 rear gear. Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 windsor valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 sled rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified autolite 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. And to many others to list

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle

64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe. Auto. project car.
Old 05-22-2001, 01:31 AM   #6
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Cool, man... it's always fun to race your close friends, win or lose! My best friend and I drive like madmen when we're around each other!!!!

------------------
Joe!
1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.58@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:
www.joe4speed.com
1999 Ninja ZX-6R 10.32@135mph!
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS 16.40@88.8mph

joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote