MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-10-2002, 01:34 PM   #1
mysweetlx
Registered Member

Default Silly ?, but what should I expect to run?

If you can, please look at the list of my mods and let me know what I should be running currently (1/4 and mph). I know what I run, and don't want to lead any of your answers w/ my input. I'm wondering where I should be according to you guys.......just to see if it's me or the car. I know I should dyno tune it, but I haven't gotten to it yet. Thanks.
Old 05-10-2002, 02:03 PM   #2
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

I would guess mid-low 13s at around 103-105 MPH, but you have a combo that could go well into the 12s.

On a different note, it looks as if you have mismatched suspension pieces. The Eibach Pro Kit is not designed for drag racing but more for handling. The Lakewook shocks and struts are for drag racing but not for handling. I'm curious what your 60' times were with this set-up? How does it drive?

Thanks
5 speed 302-Cobra Intake-GT40p heads-TFS stage 1 cam-FRPP 1.6 roller rockers-3:73 gears-KYB shocks and struts-Eibach Pro-kit-HPM Mega-bite upper and lower control arms-FRPP aluminum driveshaft-16x8 Chrome Cobra Rs

R.H.C. #14
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 05:41 PM   #3
ricekilla
Registered Member

its all up to you my man. when i put together my new combo i thought i was gonna be going low 12's at 1xx teen mph, holy sh^t was i wrong! try 17's at 80 mph! i didnt ante up for a MSD ignition and my blower was blowing out my spark. just make sure you take care of all the little stuff before you go.
89 GT, 3.55's, longtubes, pro chamber, flowpath dumps, mac uppers and lowers+ pinion snubber, underdrive pullies, 70mm t-body, 190 lph penis pump, mildly home ported E7'S by the kid hisself, nitto drag radials..... 13.4 @ 106......... on nitto drag raidials. spinning like gangbusters......

chevy silverado w/ a full works suzuki RM 250 and a full works honda fourtrax 250R (girlfriends bike) in the back, moto x'in it up bro!
ricekilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: