MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   silly lt1 camaro! (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=28080)

46stang 08-24-2002 09:44 PM

silly lt1 camaro!

I'm cruising on the freeway and this guy in a lt1 camaro pulls up beside me and lunges his car back and forth! the freaking exhaust was sooo loud! So i droped it down to 3rd we started at 75mph! I pulled him so bad he was just about instantly in my rear view mirror! I slowed down around 115mph! He pulled up beside me and gave the thumbs up, as did i. I still have my paper plates on my car so he is probably thinking"dang those 03 cobras are fast stock;) ) I had to put my stock cats back on(way too loud with the O/R Xpipe) so my car sounds pretty stock!
Leon

tinner 08-24-2002 11:07 PM

He wanted to tell his buddys about the 03 kill soooooo bad.:eek:

Shelby428cj 08-24-2002 11:30 PM

Dude you have a 2003 Cobra sweeeeeeeeetttttttt you have to get pics on soon!!! What color is she??

OOO and very good kill!!!!!!!
See Ya,
Karen

Crazy Horse GT 08-25-2002 12:31 AM

Re: silly lt1 camaro!

Quote:

Originally posted by 46stang
I'm cruising on the freeway and this guy in a lt1 camaro pulls up beside me and lunges his car back and forth! the freaking exhaust was sooo loud! So i droped it down to 3rd we started at 75mph! I pulled him so bad he was just about instantly in my rear view mirror! I slowed down around 115mph! He pulled up beside me and gave the thumbs up, as did i. I still have my paper plates on my car so he is probably thinking"dang those 03 cobras are fast stock;) ) I had to put my stock cats back on(way too loud with the O/R Xpipe) so my car sounds pretty stock!
Leon

so how much do you want for the or pipes ?, great kill, let me know, cya. marty. :) :D

Skyman 08-25-2002 07:04 PM

Did you noticed much of a difference putting those O/R pipes on and off?

Poor LT1.

Skyler

Mustang_289 08-25-2002 07:18 PM

Those 03 Cobras are mean a## muthas right off the show room!

I heard Basani is coming out with a complete after market exhaust with mid-size headers that will add 40HP..

StoplightWarrior 08-25-2002 10:40 PM

Awesome kill!! I love the fact that the 03 owners I know are already modding the crap outta their cars!! Beautiful!!

46stang 08-26-2002 09:15 AM

Crazy Horse GT: I'm going to keep the O/R pipe and use it at the track to scare the crap out of the chevy guys:)

sky: Mostly the noise! It may have lost a little hp, but with over 400rwhp i can spare to lose a few hp, for my sanity;) it's really loud for the street! Don't worry it will be back on for C/bad!!

Shelby428cj:it's sonic blue! I hope someone brings a video camera on the 14th to C/bad and we'll get some video! I have to find my camera, we recently moved so who knows where it is?

tinner: :D :D not that day! he got slapped silly!

mysweetlx 08-27-2002 03:33 PM

'03 Cobras ains't $hit (at least that's what they say at LS1.com ;) ) Take it easy on those poor LT1's Leon. :D

Crazyhorse......check out the archives......there's a video of a race between Skyman and Leon's Cobra (too bad Sky's fox crapped out on him ;) ).

INVINCISTANG 08-27-2002 04:00 PM

Nobody says the 03 Cobras "ain't crap" on LS1. Pretty much everyone over there says the 03 Cobra is a bad @$$ ride, because it is. They respect it.

46, I don't know how many Chevy guys you are going to "scare" at the track, unless you are running 8's. Every time I go to the track there are old muscle cars (chev, ford, dodge) that would make a car with 440 rwhp look like they were racing a Miata.

Anyway, sweet car! Do you have any track times yet?

Good kill!

The Deuce 08-27-2002 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by INVINCISTANG

46, I don't know how many Chevy guys you are going to "scare" at the track, unless you are running 8's. Every time I go to the track there are old muscle cars (chev, ford, dodge) that would make a car with 440 rwhp look like they were racing a Miata.

You've obviously never been to Carlsbad. There are usually a couple modded older cars, but nothing really in the low 10's even.

He's referring to a meet and race on Sept 14, against the local guys from ls1.com. I'd imagine that him pulling up in that car with the o/r x would worry a Camaro or ten that day. Everyone knows they are fast stock but it will be pretty obvious the car is not with that exhaust.

Nice kills man. I can't wait to see everyones cars run next month.:D

INVINCISTANG 08-27-2002 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Deuce

You've obviously never been to Carlsbad. There are usually a couple modded older cars, but nothing really in the low 10's even.

He's referring to a meet and race on Sept 14, against the local guys from ls1.com. I'd imagine that him pulling up in that car with the o/r x would worry a Camaro or ten that day. Everyone knows they are fast stock but it will be pretty obvious the car is not with that exhaust.

Nice kills man. I can't wait to see everyones cars run next month.:D

Nope, never been to Carlsbad.

Sorry, I didn't know he was referring to a race with the LS1.com guys. I've been to that website a few times, and there are a few guys with some very fast cars. But I'm sure that 03 Cobra would smack a few Camaros around.

That would be pretty sweet to see the GM guys faces when they heard that exhaust if they weren't seriously modded!

46stang 08-27-2002 11:00 PM

I wasn't referring to scaring anyone with my ET at the track as there is alot of cars faster than mine! I was refering to how loud my car is compared to most other 03 cobras people have heard! It don't sound stock anymore:) A few mods ago i ran a 12.9 at 112mph at fontana on stock street tires, short shifting at 6000rpm! I should be able to get into the 115-120mph range with my current mods and the lower elevation of c-bad, but I will have to wait and see? If we can get skyler's slicks to fit my car I'm pretty sure i can get kicked off the track:) 11.99 and no cage:) Otherwise traction will be an issue on street tires:(
Sorry for the confusion! and thanks for the back up guys;)
Leon

bald guy 90gt 08-27-2002 11:12 PM

silly lt1

you layed the smackdown upon his candy arse:D :D :D

mysweetlx 08-28-2002 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by INVINCISTANG
Nobody says the 03 Cobras "ain't crap" on LS1. Pretty much everyone over there says the 03 Cobra is a bad @$$ ride, because it is. They respect it.

Anyway, sweet car! Do you have any track times yet?

Good kill!

Invincistang.....you've obviously never been to LS1.com, cause saying "nobody says the '03 cobras ain't ****" would be far from the truth. If you'd like I can go fetch some names and titles or the posts in which this is stated (in one way or another). If you said "hardly" nobody.....I'd buy that. :D

94cobra2 08-28-2002 08:15 PM

I love messin with those lt1 guys. I was at U.S. 131 dragway for test and tune and saw a '03 cobra run 12.09 with a different s/c pully and a chip. Thing was bas a@@.

robertwigton 09-01-2002 03:47 AM

'03 Cobras............

There was a guy at my local track,which I can't say I saw it,but he told me that a guy was out there with one that had a S/C pulley and a K/N filter + chip running 118 low 12s....I've been going over to LSx.com for a long time,reading all there &^%$ (*&^,putting Mustang down,and the '03 Cobra has made a number of them back pedal!Thank God for the '03 Cobra....:D NOW! If I could Buy one! Oh,ya....?I read on another post some where,about a guy trying to have the first '03 with 500 RWHP with bolt ons...Any one saw/heard about this?What kinda RWHP #s have you seen?

Green9550 09-03-2002 01:38 PM

I went to the track this weekend and saw 3 '03 cobras. They all had temp. tags. One of them ran 12.2 @ 116. I was amazed. He was on street tires. I wanted to talk to the guy to see what he had done to it, but he had already left before I could. Man those things are freaking awesome. They rocket off the line. Pretty cool sight to see.

-Billy

VT StangFreak 09-05-2002 12:20 AM

At www.LS1tech.com madd peeps respect the '03 COBRA!! Go there are see for yourself if you don't belive me. I say hail to the king. If you mod the '03 Cobra, you will have no problem with a pesky LS1.