MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-08-2005, 11:19 AM   #1
84gt347
Registered Member

Default SilverPilate Up's His Ante

He calls me up, after months of breezing around in his beloved infiniti. "I forgot how good flowmasters sound." "How much better do you think my car would run if we put in a 347 kit?" He calls himself a mustang fan, HA. i fart pipe in his general direction.

IF his stang ran slower with a 347 than a 306, it would still be an improvement over that farty riceinity

After riding with him at 100mph in a rain storm, (so i could see his speed sensitive wipers ) I'm sure glad his stang is an auto. Those limp wristed shifts made me wonder a little

I cant wait to get that red beast in my shop and slik that mutha up. Get a bottle for that baby Nate, Purgin on the street Kicks ass.
All Forced ( one way or another)

Last edited by 84gt347; 02-08-2005 at 11:54 AM..
84gt347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 08:11 PM   #2
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Default Re: SilverPilate Up's His Ante

Well, you know, I don't have that many friends who are running "real" Mustangs. There is this one guy; goes by the screen name "84GT3-fourty-pansy" or something like that. Anyway, he's got like three Mustangs, and his pop's supposedly has a Lincoln that was suppose to have run at some point . Of course, the only thing I've seen running as of late out of his POS barn is his 93 vert. I think he says it has a Vortec, but by the way it runs, I think he's got it installed backwards and it's actually pulling air out of the motor instead of forcing it in.

So that being said, I had to go with the only reliably running cars I've seen in a while, and thus the Infinity.

Yeah, John, I look forward to tearing that ol' car of mine apart, that is, once you get back from your momma's errands in NM.

Should make a sizable gain in power. Maybe it will actually outrun my Infiniti? We'll have to race 'em before we strip 'em down. I guess I'll let you drive the Infiniti since you're the god of the stick...shaft...pole...pipe... Also, if I remember correctly, the last time you drove an AOD car, you managed to grenade a piston.

Anyway, I sure hope we can put together a camro, firebird, and corvette beater. Since we're working on the Sabbath, we'll have to have a brief prayer meeting before we begin so that the Lord blesses our efforts and keeps those pesky motor demons away. I'll talk to you later.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 08:28 PM   #3
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Hey John, I got back the specs from Cammotions for that combo. Here's what they recommend:

Intake/exhaust duration: 230/234
Lift Intake/exhaust: .533/.564
Lobe center: 112
Centerline: 108

Compare that to my cam:

222/232; 289/299 (adv)
.510/.534
112 LSA

What do you think? I'm keeping the wolverine for now. Let's see how it runs.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Old 02-09-2005, 09:30 PM   #4
84gt347
Registered Member

we're a little off on the intake duration. I dont believe we've got anything real to worry about, except Gods sense of humor.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:54 PM   #5
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

John,

I may end up just bringing out and dropping off the Mustang on Saturday evening. That way I can get both cars out there to race 'em before we strip the stang down. If I do, I'll just leave it in front of your house or by the barn. It's been sitting outside for the last 3-4 months or so, so it shouldn't hurt it one more night.

Have a good trip to NM!

--nathan

Old 02-11-2005, 02:20 PM   #6
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

If I need to make the trip to Lubbock and lay the smack down let me know
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 04:20 PM   #7
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Ehhh...you know, John's all talk. He hadn't beat anything at the track faster than that V-tech Spec SR99 KZPTR Honda XSR 71. Of course, that thing was flying pretty fast. And I mean "flying". His wing was adjusted wrong and he ended up flying into a nearby mountain. I was hollarin' for him to just open his Nitrous purge valve and that would provide enough down force to ground him, but he couldn't hear me through his fire-proof suit and above his 18 RockWood 10 Comp zx55 subs. What a fireball. John only won because after he broke on the launch, he got out and pushed his POS over the line. The Honda guy never tripped the light becuase he flew over them.

Nah, it's all good. But anytime you decide to, feel free to come up and we'll shoot the breeze and run 'em out by John's house. He's got a pretty nice new 40X60' barn with a 2-poster overhead lift and leveled floor. Really nice setup. Despite all the words, John and his dad, John, are good folk.

Take care.
--nathan

Old 02-14-2005, 10:35 AM   #8
84gt347
Registered Member

Monday:9:00 am, office in p-view:

I'm calling in dead. My hands feel like i washed them with a cheese grater. My shoulders are creaking and poping, and i'll never get all the crap out of my eyes that crumbled off the belly of your car. My ears have antifreeze and wax in them. I ate some doritos before bed and licked the powdered cheese off. Yep, motor oil under the nails comes with that. *I'd have to call that a great day!*

You guys are gonna have to rally to me and help me get my white junk running.

All in all, i say we kicked ass in tha shop. Got Tj's car running good, got yours out and tore down, got that f-bod junk ready for some new shoes.

Its just badass when you've got guys with air tools and bustin loose on a job like that. I'm lookin forward to the reinstall.

Dark_5.0 come on down, we got wrenches that will fit in your hand, maby a mug too. Will that hot rod of yours make it down?
Old 02-15-2005, 12:48 AM   #9
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Yeah, John. It sure was fun watchin' you work! Haha... No, I was pretty beat today as well. Left work on time (almost) and shipped off the converter. Got the driveshaft and motor/tranny mounts in today, but still no word on the Coast shippment. I'll have to give him a call. Right now I've still got the block sitting in the trunk of the Infiniti. I'm about to order some wires, maybe one or two other things that meet my fancy.

Anyway, thanks a big one for your help and your work. It was even worth putting up with Pops! Hope my pile runs almost as good as TJ's as far as punch goes.

Anyway, I've gotta cut loose. Just watched Tech (#25) beat Kansas (#2) with four seconds left in the second over time!! WOW. That was one of the greatest TV basketball games I've ever seen! The end of the game, the first overtime, and the second overtime were all basically at-the-buzzer shots!

I'll probably head down on Tuesday after work to get crankin' on those brakes. Should be a hell of a fun job.

Later.

--nathan

Old 02-15-2005, 10:19 AM   #10
84gt347
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_pilate
Hope my pile runs almost as good as TJ's as far as punch goes.
--nathan
I was wonderin what you thought of tj's car. I guess you liked the wot performance?
Old 02-15-2005, 03:53 PM   #11
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Well, it sure is a heck of a lot better than what I've got now. He's running more head than I will be, but I'm hoping that my GT will run about the same. Although, it probably won't have as many of John's parts and tool tumbling around in the back!

I dropped off the block and main caps at Total Engine today and talked with Casey and Tracy. They'll start cleaning it up and magnaflux it, and I'll take the rotating assembly by as soon as it arrives. I spoke with Coast today, and he's now saying it should ship for sure today or tomorrow. Guess they were out of stock on some parts. They are suppose to e-mail me a tracking number when it ships. Probably here the first or middle of next week.

John, what do you think about me coming by tonight and starting on those brakes or cleaning up some parts?

Later.

--nathan

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: