MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Ford Show & Go (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Car Show in North Texas-6/21/03 (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=37312)

8T4SVOChick 06-17-2003 07:52 AM

Car Show in North Texas-6/21/03

I just wanted the North Texas peeps to be aware of a car show happening this weekend just 15 minutes north of Denton.

It is the 3rd Annual Green Valley Pitt Stop Car Show, put on by Bebo and Cathy Chandler. It is open to all cars, entry into the car show to spectate is $5.00 and to enter a car into the car show is $10.00. It starts at 9:00 a.m. and goes until whenever. There will be a live band and air show also. Be sure to bring your appetite, as the Chandler's own the Green Valley Pitt Stop convenience store next door, and they make some pretty darn good burgers.

There will be dash plaques given to all entries into the car show and awards are given to the top 20 cars. There is plenty of parking for everyone.

Directions: Take I-35 E to Denton. Easiest way would be to go through Denton and take the Loop 288 exit (if you are coming North from Dallas, if you are coming South from Oklahoma it would be your first Denton exit) after you pass 380 to Decatur. Once on 288, take the FM428 to Aubrey exit. You will go down 428 probably about 4 miles or so. You will top a sloping hill up and right past the top on the left is their store and right next to that is the car show, in the hay field.

I will be there plugging Team GC2 and hope to see some current members there as well. I hope to be rounding up some new members too!:D

Girls can too 06-17-2003 08:08 AM

You're such a brown nosing work-a-holic. :rolleyes:

:p hehe! I am so there!! Well, that is if it doesn't storm like it has FOR THE PAST MONTH! :mad: That is a pretty long drive for me and Duff but I think it'd be a lot of fun and worth the time! :cool:

I hope to see you then girl! :) And as always, THANKS!!!

8T4SVOChick 06-17-2003 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Girlscan2
You're such a brown nosing work-a-holic. :rolleyes:

:p hehe! I am so there!! Well, that is if it doesn't storm like it has FOR THE PAST MONTH! :mad: That is a pretty long drive for me and Duff but I think it'd be a lot of fun and worth the time! :cool:

I hope to see you then girl! :) And as always, THANKS!!!

Hey, I gotta earn my brownie points somewhere!!:D :p I hope it doesn't storm. I would love for you and Duff to come out and everyone else!!:D

KevinC 06-17-2003 03:08 PM

Thats like 5 minutes from my house :D but I will be in Ft. Worth all day Saturday. I will see what I can do to make it out there. Maybe go out first thing in the morning or something. Weather looks good so that shouldnt be a prob!

8T4SVOChick 06-17-2003 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by KevinC
Thats like 5 minutes from my house :D but I will be in Ft. Worth all day Saturday. I will see what I can do to make it out there. Maybe go out first thing in the morning or something. Weather looks good so that shouldnt be a prob!
What a small world! I'm like five minutes from there too. I had no idea you were in my neck of the woods! Sure hope you can make it out, at least for the morning!:D

JKD 06-17-2003 11:48 PM

I'll be there. I'm basically in Lewisville and thats what my car is for .........cruising :cool: The wife will be out of town on Saturday so if anyone wants to ride out with me let me know.

Steve

Girls can too 06-18-2003 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by JKD
The wife will be out of town on Saturday so if anyone wants to ride out with me let me know.

Steve

Hey, if we CAN go then you should meet up with us on the way out there. I have plans Sat. night and have to be home by 6. But Duff will be hanging out @ the shop if you don't find something to do. Probably playing with his...........guitar. :p

Shannon, can you find out what time the awards are? I'd have to jet by 5 at the latest! :o

JKD 06-18-2003 02:35 AM

Cool, sounds good to me.

8T4SVOChick 06-18-2003 07:33 AM

Cool.:cool: Glad you can make it Steve. Sorry that Meredith can't. I will find out after work today when the awards are presented. I would think around 3:00 or so.:o

FatassLX 06-19-2003 01:52 PM

is this the station with the rail on the front of the building?

8T4SVOChick 06-19-2003 03:55 PM

That is the one. Are you gonna be able to make it?

FatassLX 06-19-2003 05:36 PM

possibly :)

8T4SVOChick 06-20-2003 09:24 AM

Cool, hope you can make it. I'll be wearing the TeamGC2 tank top, so if you see me, say HI!:D