MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2001, 01:15 AM   #1
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

Post Smoked an LT-1 camaro, wounded cougar

Tonight I was going to get some grub at Taco Bell and I saw a black convertable Z28 camaro (about '94 or so) and he reved at me (I assume it was a stick, but he could have been shifting to N to rev) and so I down shifted and slammed in to the floor and pulled away damn fast for my car (must be running good) So he floored it and caught up. Then I pulled into Taco Bell where they followed me. I was about to get out to eat and this guy and his friend in the camaro are like, "lets go run em!" So, not able to resist we drove to a back road and lined up. They seemed new to racing because they didn't even honk, the guys friend just yells, ready set go! So I get on it and peel out big time, he does to, we finally hook up about the same time and stay pretty even. I hit second and pull a fender or so. From then on out I kept pulling steadily. We hit about 90 and shut it down because of an intersection. I pull in front of him and turn. He's about to pull up next to me when some idiot runs a stop sign and pulls out right in front of me. I swerve to miss him and smack the curb hard! My rear left wheel is completely screwed now and I bent the axle shaft. The guy that pulled out in front of me just left and the guy I just beat sped by and flipped me off. I put the spare on and drove home with the brakes making horrible noises from that wheel the whole way. Pissed me off big time. But, there are two good things to come of this.
1: The wheel I tore up was the only one I had that was scratched up on the rim.
2: Now I have an excuse to buy this turbo coupe rear end from a friend (3.73 gear and disc brakes!!)

Sucks that I have to buy a new rear end and wheel, but oh well, if only I could have gotten the assholes plate number that ran the stop sign, then it'd be on them.

------------------
Michael Black
Quantum Motorsports
Norman, Oklahoma

1988 Merc Cougar 5.0 HO, P heads, 2.25" custom mandrel bent dual pipes, T5 five speed tranny
New E/T!!!
14.626 @ 94.94mph

Old 03-08-2001, 01:17 AM   #2
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

WOW! second accident tonight.

On the better side... these things happen to help you give you reasons to upgrade your car... i guess
Old 03-08-2001, 01:26 AM   #3
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Dude, that sucks. Sorry that had to happen and on top of that, the response from the Camaro guy (but hey, what do you expect).
Man, that really sucks (just thinking if that had happened to me).

Anyway, Quantum, glad to see you've come to the dark side (i think you know what I'm talking about).

BTW, glad to see a better time slip.

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 3.55 gears (Now that's more like it!!)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body

[This message has been edited by Fox Body (edited 03-08-2001).]
Old 03-08-2001, 01:28 AM   #4
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

Thanks Fox, after racing a few times and actually winning, I'm a little more understanding about these rants. I really wasn't trying to start crap, but just wanted people to support fellow stangers and support fellow car nuts in general. Anyway, thanks for the simpathy.

------------------
Michael Black
Quantum Motorsports
Norman, Oklahoma

1988 Merc Cougar 5.0 HO, P heads, 2.25" custom mandrel bent dual pipes, T5 five speed tranny
New E/T!!!
14.626 @ 94.94mph

Old 03-08-2001, 04:38 PM   #5
dinomite
The Dude

that really sucks man. Wish you had gotten his plates, and sorry bout the a$$hole camaro driver, but as fox said, he's just pissed off cause he wasted money on that rattlebox.
Old 03-08-2001, 05:29 PM   #6
Fostang
Registered Member

I feel your pain happened to me also yesterday. Damn people that run stop signs. I actually caught the guy but he has no licence or insurance in his sisters car. Time for another legal battle. Anyone know where I can find a rear bumper on an SVO Mustang lol.

------------------
67'fastback- Edelbrock carb, intake, cam, valve springs. Road lifters, Comp Cam rocker arms, windage tray, cerama coated headers, dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4, tci stall converter, perma cool electric fan, aluminum water pump, griffen aluminum radiator, accel 8.8 cable, wide cap distriburator, magnetic pick up, manley valves, v-matic hurst shifter, edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump, ignitor coil, solid motor mounts, magna racing suspension, poly urathane bushings, und
Old 03-09-2001, 09:03 PM   #7
2MFF

Let me get this right:

1. "We hit about 90"
2. "some idiot runs a stop sign and pulls out right in front of me"
3. "if only I could have gotten the assholes plate number that ran the stop sign, then it'd be on them."

Price you pay for driving like an idiot on a road where there is access roads with stop signs. Might want to choose a wiser spot next time

Old 03-09-2001, 09:42 PM   #8
Rev
Registered Member

Hey 2MFF, it would be nice if every challenge occurred on a nice straight, wide, dry concrete road, without side streets and without any traffic at all. In the real world, this doesn't happen much. The judgement call on whether to race at all, and to what speed, is weighed each time. There's always some risk in street racing. Most of us just try to keep it to a minimum. Are there times when we shouldn't race at all? Certainly there are. Sometimes there will be accidents. We should always keep this in mind when we get challenged on the street.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Old 03-09-2001, 09:50 PM   #9
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

hey 2MFF,

If you're going to bash my driving at least read the end of the sentences you quote. I said we hit 90 then shut it down, then I turned off of that street. The road I raced on was completely different from the one I had the accident on. I was going about 35 when the moron pulled out in front of me. So how about this, bite me! Alright then.

------------------
Michael Black
Quantum Motorsports
Norman, Oklahoma

New E/T!!!
14.626 @ 94.94mph

Old 03-09-2001, 10:34 PM   #10
2MFF

REV- If you do stupid things (as I would hope you would agree street racing is - even though we do it) expect stupid results. I just thought it was funny he was cryin about the guy who pulled out in front of him. Running a "STOP SIGN" is far less dangerous and stupid than "doin 90 with a car next to you", don't you agree? Not to mention, I'm sure running the stop sign wasn't a conscious choice, drivin 90 side by side is.

QuantumWhiner- Oh, I see now. You were previously being an idiot, but at that time you an axhalted angel. By him "making a mistake" he is the grand evil.
You were going 35, a guy turns in front of you, and you have such control skills that you smack the curb???
I agree with the guy you were racing [now flipping you off]
Bite that.......

Old 03-09-2001, 11:45 PM   #11
Fostang
Registered Member

Someone's getting spanked on and off the road.

------------------
67'fastback- Edelbrock carb, intake, cam, valve springs. Road lifters, Comp Cam rocker arms, windage tray, cerama coated headers, dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4, tci stall converter, perma cool electric fan, aluminum water pump, griffen aluminum radiator, accel 8.8 cable, wide cap distriburator, magnetic pick up, manley valves, v-matic hurst shifter, edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump, ignitor coil, solid motor mounts, magna racing suspension, poly urathane bushings, und
Old 03-10-2001, 05:43 PM   #12
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

2MFF,

I am by no means saying that street racing isn't stupid. I am saying that running a stop sign is stupid, and I am definately saying that causing an accident and then leaving the scene is very stupid. If you would have been in my situation which is very possible, you would have felt differently. Quit trying to start **** .

------------------
Michael Black
Quantum Motorsports
Norman, Oklahoma

New E/T!!!
14.626 @ 94.94mph

Old 03-11-2001, 06:15 PM   #13
2MFF

Thumbs down

I'd be watching the road, not waiting for the camaro guy to "pull along side". I also would either stop in time, or hit the ****** that pulled out in front of me (not the curb).
I sure wouldn't whine about it on a street racing forum !
Go get some cheese...

Old 03-11-2001, 10:22 PM   #14
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

2MFF,

Once again, you were not there so you don't know how you would have reacted. There wasn't enough distance to stop, I was watching the road, and only swerved to avoid having to do 2 grand worth of body work. I'd say $200 worth of wheel and axle is a hell of a lot better than 2 grand worth of body work. Once again, I have to say, you weren't there, shut the hell up, stop trying to start **** .

------------------
Michael Black
Quantum Motorsports
Norman, Oklahoma

1988 Merc Cougar 5.0 HO, Ported and Polished heads, 2.25" custom mandrel bent dual pipes, T5 five speed tranny
New E/T!!!
14.626 @ 94.94mph

Old 03-11-2001, 11:04 PM   #15
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Man, 2MFF you live in tent 3, on campground 4, ... I think that's across town. Maybe I should run over your tent... then you'll know how it feels when someone doesn't stop.
Old 03-11-2001, 11:46 PM   #16
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

Gracias Lizard.

------------------
Michael Black
Quantum Motorsports
Norman, Oklahoma

1988 Merc Cougar 5.0 HO, Ported and Polished heads, 2.25" custom mandrel bent dual pipes, T5 five speed tranny
New E/T!!!
14.626 @ 94.94mph

Old 03-12-2001, 12:23 AM   #17
2MFF

Ah, I see now, it was a "calculated manuever". You had so much control in the situation that you quickly estimated the cost differential and executed a precision manuever to avoid contact while maintaining minimal repair costs. What a joke you are.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ! the mean driver pulled out in front of me. Boo hoo hoo.......
$2k worth of body damage for an 88 Cougar, the damn car aint worth that

Old 03-12-2001, 01:31 AM   #18
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

hehehe... your such a b*tch man. No compassion whatsoever...

Hey, do you race and what do you drive?
(please include licence plate numbers) hehehe.

Old 03-13-2001, 07:59 PM   #19
Rev
Registered Member

Well, I guess we all now know what the MF stands for now, hee,hee.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Old 03-13-2001, 08:24 PM   #20
fastang
Registered Member

2MMFF wouldt you be pissed if someone ran a stopsighn and hit your car? And then LEFT! Lemme guess, it wouldnt happen to you would it because youre captain awareness. I wouldnt say street racing is stupid at all. Its stupid people that do it in the wrong places and endanger others that are stupid and wrong.
Running a STOP sign is DEFINTITELY more stupid than going 90 mph with someone next to you. I do that every day on the freeway and dont go home with damage to my car or anyone elses for that matter.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, 355's K&N, off road pipes, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors
Closed Thread