MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-24-2001, 06:33 PM   #1
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Thumbs up 1st kill in the Snake!!!

When I first bought the Cobra, I was sure my GT felt a lot quicker, but according to my recent trip to the track (see sig), I may be wrong. The cobra feels pretty stout, it may give the GT a run for it's money.

Anyway, out in the cobra, I pull up next to some sort of import, I think it was a 240SX. Some teenage guy was driving with his girl riding shotgun. He checks out my ride, and I look at his, nothing unusual. I don't initiate a race, but I think, "if he goes for it, I'll show him something." Light changes to green, I ease out, and I hear his fartpipe working hard as he jumps out ahead of me. I hammer 2nd with a real chirp, and pull even with him, then on to third gear, and Ive put some serious distance on him. I think he gave up once I had pulled even and begun to pass, cause I left him like he was standing still.

I figure I could run a 14.3 or so in it if I hooked up well, what do you all think?

------------------
Black 2000 GT Auto
Bassani X-pipe, Magnaflow Mufflers, Steeda Pulleys, K&N Filter. Steeda Weld in Subframes, Strut Tower brace, Sport Springs, Caster/Camber Plates.
Ran Once, 14.52@96.57 with a 1.32 R/T & 2.3 60'!!

Red 1994 Mustang Cobra #4343
Pulleys, Shorty Headers, Flowmaster 2 chambers, K&N, short throw shifter.
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 09:17 PM   #2
I hate Rice
Registered Member

Just checking out the stock specs between a 94 cobra and a 00 gt, the gt has bout 20 hp on the cobra and it appears you have a better set up in the GT. Funny question but why did you get the snake?
I hate Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 09:45 PM   #3
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

I hate Rice: My brother was looking for a mustang, and the cobra was too good a deal to pass up (8700), so we bought it. He hasn't been driving it, though, so for the last month I've been letting the GT "rest" a bit. After this month, though, I think I'm gonna let him take full ownership of it, and I'll just keep modding the GT for myself.

BTW, the GT seemingly runs SOOO much stronger, but according to my track times, (which are not what they should be) the cobra can't be much behind it.
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote