View Single Post
Old 04-16-2002, 03:09 PM   #16
96SNAKE
Registered Member

Default Re: makes sense then

Quote:
Originally posted by vtec8ter
i wasnt trying to argue you. it sounds like you know your stuff. where are you located exactly? anywhere close to phili? i know i had some good runs there a few times. there are some fast cars out there. i would like to get 4:30's or something higher....but i am only 18 and going to the naval academy this summer... it wouldnt be worth it, because i will still need to do highway driving. but, if i pick up a bike i will definitely do that and make my car a strip and "street-race" car only. by losing the power steering, A/C, etc.... stock cobra brakes for aerospace brakes and the like. what do you think about those mods? you sound like you know your stuff, like i already said. so i would appreciate your opinion.
It's cool man! I can't believe you're only 18 and have a 5.4 sprayed beast. That is unbelievable and I'm more than a little bit jealous. As far as your car is concerned, if it you want it to be a strip and street race champ, you're well on your way. If you didn't have the torque of the 5.4, I'd recommend 4.30's or 4.56's but you probably don't need them with that stump puller you've got. You also have the right idea about cutting the weight down as much as possible since our cars are heavy muthas to begin with. With your 5.4, you might have just added another 70lbs or so on the front. Why don't you post all your mods in your signature so we'll know what you have done already and what you might need. Power, weight, properly transferring that weight, launch, traction and gearing are the keys.. I might have missed something in there too..

I live about an hour from Philly (about 5 miles from Kutztown University in farmland he!!). I hang out in center city every now and then so it would definitely be worth making that trip to see your car. Do you live in NJ or PA? By the way, how did you come by that 5.4? I'm thinking you did a Lincoln Navigator engine swap with custom cams and intake?? Although I've heard you can go with stock cams but you won't make as much power.

(96Cobra/softtop- Black&Tan, 3.73,almdrvsht,fancontrl,steeda sbfrmes,r-LCA's&shifter,eibachspgs,KYB's,FR-upper arms,Y2K Cobra R's,pulleys,Bassani X pipe(cats gutted),C&L 80mm,Stage 2 Clutch, polished intake and cam covers etc.. last dyno w/cats on-287rwhp.

93 Ford Probe Gt 4.39 stock gears and K&N (slower but turns)

2001 Green Ninja ZX6R

Last edited by 96SNAKE; 04-16-2002 at 03:18 PM..
96SNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote