MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-28-2003, 09:22 AM   #1
yelowjaket
Registered Member

Thumbs down Sneak attack! No fair i wasn't ready! (street race)

Well i was driving around the other night cause i was bored as hell just sitting at home. Anyways i come up to this light with this some type of luxury car. Didn't pay much attention I had my radio on and windows up so i couldn't hear him revving. Anyways i take off like normal and then....BLAMO! he spins his fwd tires and blasts past me on a sneak attack. grrrrr. I'm like ok it's on, i slam on the throttle and start pulling him in pretty easily but wait a sec.....2 lanes are about to merge to one! I run out of room and have to hit the brakes (i was about to pass but still was at his door coming up on him) and have to get behind him as he flashes his hazards at me. I was so ticked off, i just turned on my high beams in an attempt to blind him in his mirrors. Now there's someone around here with a freakin' luxury car that thinks he can beat a stang....

I will have my revenge
-BBK equal length shorty headers
-K&N
-BBK 65mm Throttle Body
-Edelbrock performer 5.0 intake
-3.73 gears
yelowjaket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 04:01 PM   #2
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

Mabey it was Type R?

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 01:32 PM   #3
yelowjaket
Registered Member

Default i don't know what the heck it was..

I really have no idea what it was but i know it had dual exhaust cause i saw the tips when he shot out in front of me. I assume it was probably a v6. It was high pitched too though like a 4 banger is. It silver with a moon-roof. I gotta start payin' attention to the symbols on the cars i race sheesh.
-BBK equal length shorty headers
-K&N
-BBK 65mm Throttle Body
-Edelbrock performer 5.0 intake
-3.73 gears
yelowjaket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 12:24 PM   #4
GodStang
College Stanger

Same thing happen to me with a 90 year old man in a Caddillac(sp??)
Old 04-30-2003, 04:48 PM   #5
Frankenstang65
Registered Member

haha...I know how you feel. Same deal happened to me last night, some dude in a brand new (still had the dealer plates) excursion...lol. I was like, "is he reving at me?? nahh, he couldn't be THAT stupid". Well he was, caught me off-guard...and then I see the hazards come on, and so my g/f looks over at me like, "oh hell no!, you better not let him get away with that". Luckily, it was late and we both got stopped at a light a few blocks up. Needless to say it was total anihilation, it was cool though, gave me the thumbs up when he finally made up the 15 or so car lengths I put on him.

Damn those sneek attacks!!...maybe you'll run into that guy again so you can set the record straight
1965 Coupe: 351W, comp cam, Aluminum Systemax II heads (2.02/1.60), 1.7 Cobra full roller rockers, Edelbrock intake, Holley 650 double pumper, Mallory Unilite, MSD-6AL, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD heli-core plug wires, Hedman headers, 2 1/2" exhaust (GT style) w/ 40 series delta flows, 69 C4 w/ shift kit, shelby traction bars, 3.55:1 rear

Daily Driver:
1989 GT- 5spd, K&N (no silencer), Shorty Headers, King Cobra Clutch, Flowmaster Force II Cat-back
Frankenstang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 01:22 AM   #6
speedytang
Registered Member

I work third shift and get off at 7am. I was heading home yesterday morning which is all freeway but I live 45 minutes away, I was on the ramp to change freeways and this Dodge Cummins truck was behind me pushing me. I was doing 60 mph on the ramp and he was on my tail lights so when I was off the ramp to merge right I get ready to push the gas and that truck passed me like I was doing 20 instead of 70. It took me 5 minutes because of traffic to catch him and he had stickers on the truck with Banks Turbo Systems and a Propane warning label on the bumper. Later in the afternoon my son got home from school and I was telling him about that truck and he said it was at National Trails here in Ohio a couple of weeks ago and was running 13.2-13.5 in the 1/4. Now that is one Bad Truck.
speedytang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 10:26 AM   #7
Ty'97Cobra
Registered Member

Better luck next time. That is a common trick.. They wait till you are in second and then floor it. Usually they get the jump....
#2459 of 5082

Visit my city http://diggstown.myminicity.com/

Ty'97Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 09:16 AM   #8
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Quote:
Originally posted by speedytang
I work third shift and get off at 7am. I was heading home yesterday morning which is all freeway but I live 45 minutes away, I was on the ramp to change freeways and this Dodge Cummins truck was behind me pushing me. I was doing 60 mph on the ramp and he was on my tail lights so when I was off the ramp to merge right I get ready to push the gas and that truck passed me like I was doing 20 instead of 70. It took me 5 minutes because of traffic to catch him and he had stickers on the truck with Banks Turbo Systems and a Propane warning label on the bumper. Later in the afternoon my son got home from school and I was telling him about that truck and he said it was at National Trails here in Ohio a couple of weeks ago and was running 13.2-13.5 in the 1/4. Now that is one Bad Truck.
I was thinking about powerpacking my Dodge...They can take it from 215hp and add another 175hp...Takes the torque from 375ftlbs and gains another 280ft lbs...

So 390hp and 655ft lbs of torque...Impressive, to bad its in a 6000lb truck...

1995 Chevy S-10
406 SBC, Dual tunnel ram, Dart heads, Nitrous, full tub, 4-link, adjustable drag shocks, coil-overs, 9in rearend, 4.56 gears...etc
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 01:22 PM   #9
95ragtop
Registered Member

It wasn't me!!! I'm not in AZ, and my car has a single exhaust. Also, I always let my opponents know its on. What the fun in racing if the other guys doesn't know about it. LOL

Beware the Big Blue Buick in SoCal, I might surprise you. I've surprised a few Stangs at the track, both fox bodies and 99+ GTs. hehe. I love my sleeper.

95 Mustang GT Convertible - SOLD
2000 Buick Regal GS (3.4 pulley, gutted airbox w K&N, U-bend, DHP PCM, TOG Headers. Pre-headers PB 14.81 @ 2700ft elevationw 2.25 60 ft)
1967 Electra 225 convertible (360hp)
95ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote