MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 05:07 PM   #21
STEEDAJEFF
Registered Member

Default :)

Quote:
Originally posted by Aquaman

As for Madeup Mustangs & Fictitious Fords drag test....yeah the Pony car smack down really scared me with his what 104-106 trap speeds in the 03! slower trap speed then the SS had? MPH is the true best indicater of HP and yeah I know the 03 weighs more then the SS but that Trap speed combined with the trap time says the SS is gonna walk the 03 from a roll. But hey thats magazine racing and I prefer the real thing

There is a roll lane at the strip?
Old 07-18-2002, 05:37 PM   #22
Aquaman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by topless tire fryer

Also sounds like the vette guys are scared (finally).

Ummmm......Not Exactly When your scared you are not usually actively searching for one to race you generaly decline to race some one when they affer.... Oh wait three 03 Cobra owners have declined to race me , Well 1 put me off for a few weeks but the rest came right out and said not till I mod. Now If they had stock Cobra's trapping 111-114 why would they not want to race me On my best run I get 113 and I know I only have 341 RWHP not the 390RWHP that there car has they should stomp me right???? Instead I get OK I'll race you but not till I can buy some mods. Sad actually Very Very sad.

I and many other Vette guys expect from what has been happening on the tracks to run pretty even with the 03 in the 1/4 with a Stock C5. But the Z06 guys aren't scared at all why the hell would they be with the same gearing,more meat on the rears, 5 less or 15 more HP (01-02 LS6's) a coefficent of drag thats .07 better then the Cobra and almost 600 less pounds. You dont have to have a masters in physics to tell you whats faster. and is only going to get faster as the speed builds. It's a pretty simple equasion actualy.

As for the guy that said we hope ford has screwed up "again" nope, Most of us are happy to have a car that we can race and be pretty close too it's been a long time since ford has put out a mass produced car that can keep up or beat the Generals contigent. I won't mind loosing to a Cobra at all. I should loose with all thats been done to the thing.

Hell if it wasn't a HOG many Vette guys would probably buy one for a daily driver and many may still. Heck I might But I'll wait till I can get one for a song after they loose there value when billy bob picks one up, titles it (big value drop) and realizes that only big boys ought to be paying for a 35K+ car and has to trade it back in on his 82 GT with the 4bbl that he put on it.(I'm being factious here I had an 82 w/ a 4bbl)

OH yeah and the guy who said that we were throwing around numbers on UNIT's "HUMPERS" post a 12.8@113 was thrown out there not mid 12.'s (where I am now ) and yeah 14.0's were said as well a Fully loaded Vette with A4 and 2.73 gears left in TC will run 14.0 I saw it. A M6 with 3.45's a filter an Exh and a good driver will go.... Well we all know what that will run.

Anyway 03's are the fastest Mustang out in a long time and I'm glad to see it. But I am not scared of it! NOT AT ALL Because when you race as much as I do you understand that you loose it's inevitable and loosing to a 390hp car with a S/C and a 6speed isn't all that bad.
Old 07-18-2002, 11:42 PM   #23
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

hah, back to the a4 vette thing, i seen a 98-00 a4 vette running 13.9-14.0's, maybe the guy couldnt find the gas dunno, but it was happenning right in front of me, i go to the track every week, i live bye one, i seen some factory freaks also, i wont forget that day because it was the same day i smoked a gran sport c4, i just hooked on him and never looked back, i bet if he knew i had stock cam, and e7's with 189k miles he would shizot his panties.

with free mods, and lid, my friend went 109 in his a4 01 formula, yea he killed me on the track, but he had to put another motor in it, and sell it, it didnt even go 50k miles, he11, i have that many miles just racing.
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer
Race weight: 3,120

E.t-13.57 with 26x10.50's e.t. streets. 1.88 60'

mph- 99.92 mph
Old 07-19-2002, 08:38 AM   #24
Aquaman
Registered Member

Default Re: :)

Quote:
Originally posted by STEEDAJEFF

There is a roll lane at the strip?
No it's a crazy thing called street racing.

You obviously have not heard of it. Well two or sometimes more people are driving along usually in second gear (40-50 mph area) but not always and go. this is also sometimes done from a stop but it is more often done from a roll as that is where you can compare the power of two cars since the launch is taken out of the equasion.

Most area's in the country have at least some type of street racing scene so STEEDAJEFF take a look around and maybe you'll find the one in your area, or better yet when someone revs at you, paces you or follows you damn close in a performance type car that probably means they want to race Don't be scared it's OK many, many people do it you wont be the first
Old 07-19-2002, 04:01 PM   #25
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

Roll racing is the only way these supra guys will run down here, i guess if my car lagged off the line id be the same.
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer

mph- 99.92 mph
Old 07-20-2002, 04:44 PM   #26
STEEDAJEFF
Registered Member

Funny--- I dont get many people "throwing revs" at me....

I wonder why?

I appreciate the sarcasm, as I am sure you appreciate mine.
Old 07-21-2002, 08:39 AM   #27
Aquaman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by STEEDAJEFF
Funny--- I dont get many people "throwing revs" at me....

I wonder why?

I appreciate the sarcasm, as I am sure you appreciate mine.
Old 07-22-2002, 07:47 AM   #28
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Quote:
OH yeah and the guy who said that we were throwing around numbers on UNIT's "HUMPERS" post a 12.8@113 was thrown out there not mid 12.'s (where I am now ) and yeah 14.0's were said as well a Fully loaded Vette with A4 and 2.73 gears left in TC will run 14.0 I saw it. A M6 with 3.45's a filter an Exh and a good driver will go.... Well we all know what that will run.
Technicalities, technicalities...geeessshhh! I was merely trying to make a point that we've all seen great variation in track times - as you just reiterated - thanks for clearling up the exact times as I was too lazy to go back to the post.

And, just some food for thought, MM&FF got a '03 Cobra w/pulley swap and drag radials to go 12.1 @ 118.

I know you don't trust MM&FF, Aquaman, but 390 hp from the factory plus sticky tires, good air and more boost has got to equal some prett impressive ETs - wouldn't you agree?

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
Old 07-22-2002, 12:47 PM   #29
Aquaman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 302 LX Eric

And, just some food for thought, MM&FF got a '03 Cobra w/pulley swap and drag radials to go 12.1 @ 118.

I know you don't trust MM&FF, Aquaman, but 390 hp from the factory plus sticky tires, good air and more boost has got to equal some prett impressive ETs - wouldn't you agree?

E
I agree that with a pulley and all the other current stuff available for the 03 it should be trapping 116-118 my god what's it got at the rears then like 430? or maybe more. I saw an 03 gain 20 at the rears with the silencer and K&N Exhaust and 5 more pounds of boost should be good for 50 hp or more I would have to guess.But the one that has all that stuff and Nitto's that is running around here is stil only running 12.8's at 117. obviously with the trap speed the car should be faster but it ain't and it's not like the guy driving is a rookie he's a Long time Mustang 5 speed 5.0 guy.

I'm done debating this till real people are turning in 12.1's but they are not 12.1's are at this point a pipe dream for an 03 owner. loose some weight and bam it will happen do some head work and headers on top of the current and the thging will be a beast but right now stock it's a 103-105 trap car and modded it's running mid-high 12's. giving it the distinction of being yet another hype mobile.

Till I loose to one and I'm sure at some point I will it will remain just another mustang that I have taken advantage of.
Old 07-22-2002, 09:09 PM   #30
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?????
103-105mph trap car?
Where have you seen this?

I may as well say, well the LS1 is a 99-103mph car. Then you would come out posting like a mad bull.
DONT POST BS LIKE THIS.

The worst ones are running about 110-111mph.

IF someone is going 12.8@117 its traction issue. What is there to scratch your head about. Who cares how good a driver he is, if the traction isnt there you can't get a good ET.

Do you know anything about cars? Or do you just quote your estimated RWHP numbers, then how disappointed you are in them at their ET's.

LEARN THIS. HORSE POWER = TRAP SPEED (Figuring in weight), NOT ET!

As much as you talk about the 03 cobra you must be jelous as hell, I've never heard anyone ***** about a single car as much as you. Are you mad you didnt get a blower? You got 60 more cubes, that makes up for its 6psi of boost. (6psi, I could be wrong on that.. 8 maybe.).

GET OVER IT, GO RACE ONE.

Skyler

RIP
----
1993 Notch w/ 98 4V 4.6 Fasttt...

-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Old 07-23-2002, 07:32 AM   #31
Aquaman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Skyman
WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?????
103-105mph trap car?
Where have you seen this?

I may as well say, well the LS1 is a 99-103mph car. Then you would come out posting like a mad bull.
DONT POST BS LIKE THIS.

The worst ones are running about 110-111mph.

IF someone is going 12.8@117 its traction issue. What is there to scratch your head about. Who cares how good a driver he is, if the traction isnt there you can't get a good ET.

Do you know anything about cars? Or do you just quote your estimated RWHP numbers, then how disappointed you are in them at their ET's.

LEARN THIS. HORSE POWER = TRAP SPEED (Figuring in weight), NOT ET!

As much as you talk about the 03 cobra you must be jelous as hell, I've never heard anyone ***** about a single car as much as you. Are you mad you didnt get a blower? You got 60 more cubes, that makes up for its 6psi of boost. (6psi, I could be wrong on that.. 8 maybe.).

GET OVER IT, GO RACE ONE.

Skyler
I understyandthat E.T is not the indicator speed is and if you had and reading comprehension skills you would have picked up on that.

As far as them trapping 110-111 not in real life maybe in your magazine world but the real ones are trapping 104-106 I have seen 6 different cars run.the best stocker ran a 13.4@106 most were 13.8-14.0 @ 104ish with 2.0-2.2 60's I have also heard from others at other tracks one of them is a mustang owner and he saw an 03 turn in 14.0@104 hmmm. that makes 7 not to mention the Vidoe of the idiot at carlsbad that ran a 14.0@105 (are you seeing a trend here) Ok OK I'm sure that all of these guys have non broken in cars and they can't drive. Sure kiddo let that be your excuse. because they always have an excuse when they loose. Like the guy on CF that raced one he ran a 12.8@111 the 03 ran a 13.8@105 then the guy claims that he was burning them at the line yet some how his DR's grabbed him a 1.9 60' at least that is what his Slip said Excuses, excuses, excuses they are everywhere. It's too hot, I missed 3rd, I smoked em yadda, yadda, yadda

As for being mad about not getting a blower. Thats pretty funny If my car had a blower it would be a 11.6@123 with no other mods. Check out the ligenfelter site. Oh and it's the same roots type blower the 03&Lightning have. And jealous Not in my lifetime . I was faster stock then they are and I am damn near matching the Traps (recently grabbed a 114.1)of a modded one with $600 in parts Drop another 600 in mods (My N20) and I am a 11.5@122 so Mad or jealous. NEVER! Embarresed for the poor Owners that got dupped into dropping 35K+ for a 14.0 second car Yeah I feel for them But with some Mods and some DR's or ET streets they will save some face.

It's funny that you say you have never heard anyone"*****" so much about a car before. Well it's just as strange that I have never seen so many people put so much faith and hope in a car before. and or get so excited when some one discounts the ability of a car They don't even own!! (<--- You)

110-111 trap stock LOL yeah sure pal. maybe on a 40` day with some ET streets and a REal damn good driver. BUt thats still a big maybe.

And I have raced 2 of them unfortunately for them they were both stock. At least I hope they were.
Old 07-23-2002, 11:00 AM   #32
stevstum
Registered Member

The artical in MM&FF said that the 03 Cobra gained 40hp just by taking off the air silencer. I think with CAI and exhaust the new cobra is going to be hard to beat, even on street tires.

89 LX 5.0 5sp, Removed air silencer
Mac High Flow Air Filter
Motorcraft 8mm wires
Autolite platinum plugs
Mac O/R h-pipe
Flowmaster American Thunder
3:55 gears
Accel Super Coil (42,000)
75 mm Mass Air Meter
Old 07-23-2002, 12:22 PM   #33
Turbo99GT
Registered Member

Before you get all excited about supercharging a C5, read the install time 2-3 WEEKS. The labor is rediculous and by the time the car is driving, you will probably have spent close to 10K. Also 11.7 @ 126 is a horrible ET for that mph. Everyone forgets about the little things that need to be done when building a car and how much money to set aside when the engine blows and the drivetrain spits out because it will. I'm sure that ET is crappy because they were scared to put slicks on it because the drivetrain would explode. I also have a hard time believing it went 126 mph with only 416 rwhp(490 w/ 15% loss). I would need to be there to believe that. The 03 Cobra is still in it's infancy stage. wait until a few knowledgable people get their hands on them and start modding them. Remember, it has a fully forged rotating assembly . After blowing up an engine, that carries alot of weight with me.
DTA Built Engine w/P&P heads, TDC Turbo (T-76), Built 4R70W, PI Multi-Disc 3200 T/C, Eaton 31 Spline Carrier, Strange 31 Spline Axles, Aeromotive 1000 HP fuel system, 66lb injectors, MSD DIS4, Accel DFI Gen VII & Mac 3" cat-back.
Built by Jade Performance
Best on Nitto D/Rs
11.698 @ 120.898 @ 12 psi (built block)
Best on Slicks
10.922 @ 122.95 (stock longblock)
Old 07-23-2002, 12:33 PM   #34
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

Saying the 03 cobra traps 103 is downright insulting.

man we have alot of supra, import, f-bod, vette guy friends here, but your not scoring points with us here, although some of the blower cars like some saleens disapoint me, the 03 cobra has proven to be a killer car, though i havent seen one run in person, i will friday i hope.

aquaman i wish you lived over here, i got a guy that will put a hurtin on your vette, with a ported stock h.o. intaked 306, e-cam, and iron heads, he is around 124 mph with a dry 100 shot, he can tune like no other, imagine if he got a hold of a modern cobra?

mph- 99.92 mph
Old 07-23-2002, 12:50 PM   #35
Aquaman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Turbo99GT
Before you get all excited about supercharging a C5, read the install time 2-3 WEEKS. The labor is rediculous and by the time the car is driving, you will probably have spent close to 10K. Also 11.7 @ 126 is a horrible ET for that mph. Everyone forgets about the little things that need to be done when building a car and how much money to set aside when the engine blows and the drivetrain spits out because it will. I'm sure that ET is crappy because they were scared to put slicks on it because the drivetrain would explode. I also have a hard time believing it went 126 mph with only 416 rwhp(490 w/ 15% loss). I would need to be there to believe that. The 03 Cobra is still in it's infancy stage. wait until a few knowledgable people get their hands on them and start modding them. Remember, it has a fully forged rotating assembly . After blowing up an engine, that carries alot of weight with me.
Your right it is a 2-3 week install because John is trying to do 5-6 at a time to keep up with demand. The trap time is crappy compared to the speed because he was getting 2.2-2.35 60's running on Goodyear Runflats. he did this because it is what most Vette guys still have on their cars. the rear end can hang pretty good till oround 480rwhp at least from what I have seen with those running high Hp on stock rears. The First real instal other then the tests was done on a Friend of mine Phil Kircher's Z06 he went from a 12.1@117 to 11.2@129 on the same Goodyear Supercar tires the car came with. he ran 11.0@128 on his DR's It's his everyday car and so the need to put some ET streets on it was deemed unnessary.

With the hood(you have to have a new one)paint, testing All parts and Instal it was $7600 plus another $300 for the 3year/36K warranty that LPE honors at any ASE certified repair facility. Maybe it will self destruct I mean you say it will right. John ligenfelter has no Idea what he's doing and is more then willing to put his name all over cars that are going to blowing up anyday.

If you have a kind bone in your body please help him out and tell him that he's commiting career and reputation suicide.

A roots type S/C puts less strain on the internals then does a Traditional S/C that is why he can be successful with it. Maybe he'll tell you about it when you call him to tell him just how stupid he is.
Old 07-23-2002, 01:00 PM   #36
Aquaman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Coupe5oh
Saying the 03 cobra traps 103 is downright insulting.

man we have alot of supra, import, f-bod, vette guy friends here, but your not scoring points with us here, although some of the blower cars like some saleens disapoint me, the 03 cobra has proven to be a killer car, though i havent seen one run in person, i will friday i hope.

aquaman i wish you lived over here, i got a guy that will put a hurtin on your vette, with a ported stock h.o. intaked 306, e-cam, and iron heads, he is around 124 mph with a dry 100 shot, he can tune like no other, imagine if he got a hold of a modern cobra?
So I should just be sheep and roll along and lie by saying the 03 is wicked fast stock and tearing up the tracks around the nation right? Unfortunately I call things like I "SEE" them and what I have "SEEN" is 104-106 traps from stock 03's blame it on whatever thats what they are running. Is it capable of more??? Hopefully with a real 360 to the wheels but 3700 pounds is alot to push around.

As for a hurtin' hell I'm always up for a race but if he's spraying then I'm spraying so we both have 124ish traps and I will only be gaining speed while he falls away. Not quite a "HURTIN" but whatever.

Oh and soory If I offend anyone
Old 07-23-2002, 03:25 PM   #37
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Blah blah blah blah blah, we can bench race all day.

To put it franky Aquaman, you have an attitude. Good sometimes, most of the time bordering on bad, pissing me off. Whatever, I kinda like it. Sure your vette will run good with a blower, so will my car, so will everyones car, who cares. Run what you have.

Sorry if my "GIRL CAR" produces a faster ET than your car. It sure looks like ET is what you care about.

Your not disputing that a 03 cobra is a 400hp car, but your saying it runs 14.0.

I'd be happy to race you in my "GIRL CAR" any day of the week, nitrous or not. And Id be spotting you 44 cubes, and almost 2 points of compression.

So stop being an friction causing member of this board, I dont like flame wars and I am not going to participate in one with you. Settled, ok?

Skyler

PS, I love your signature, but Id have to hit you if you said that to me in person.

RIP
----
1993 Notch w/ 98 4V 4.6 Fasttt...

-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Old 07-23-2002, 10:01 PM   #38
Aquaman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Skyman
Blah blah blah blah blah, we can bench race all day.

To put it franky Aquaman, you have an attitude. Good sometimes, most of the time bordering on bad, pissing me off. Whatever, I kinda like it. Sure your vette will run good with a blower, so will my car, so will everyones car, who cares. Run what you have.

So stop being an friction causing member of this board, I dont like flame wars and I am not going to participate in one with you. Settled, ok?

Skyler

PS, I love your signature, but Id have to hit you if you said that to me in person.
Well I'm glad to see that maybe you are starting to realize that I'm usually just kidding around and yeah I do cause some tension but with a F'ed up sense of humor like mine thats bound to happen eventualy

I am here because I enjoy cars all cars including 03 Cobra's I'll be damned If my Little brother didn't call and ask me to Co-Sign for him and his wife on one I really thought I raised that boy better then that. I ahve had quite a few Mustangs over the years and still respect them for what they are. I can go down to the south side here any Fri. or Sat. and get my Azz handed to me by a couple of them.

This is your guys house and I realize I am not always the most welcome guest but I'm here now and looks like I'll be staying awhile. It's a nice change from my forum Very different dialogs between members. Plus I like to keep a pulse on what the Other camps are doing. I am on a bunch of Different forums but usually just lurking.

Anyway Sky Your right it's silly to keep this little tit for tat going it could go on forever..... So I'm done with it but Just for the record a 108 trap does kinda suck
Old 07-23-2002, 11:39 PM   #39
srv1
Get down.....

Talking Sky does a "girlie"

i would have to agree with Aquaman on one thing Sky, 108 trap does suck! HAHA! u know i am messin! u girlie man!
Old 07-24-2002, 04:15 AM   #40
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

aquaman, you didnt really offend me, you said you owned mustangs before cool.

i know a guy just like you that runs basically the same time and trap with his c-5 as you (and he ownz an 87 GT), he books with his vette no doubt, with his cam and exhaust modds.

I dont think 108 is bad? thats about what you trapped bone stock right? so what if you gained 5 mph on whatever you did BFD?, your car is made to shine up top, it should be going 112 stock, but that would be z06 territory, and since they weigh about as much as my coupe, they trap 115 right?

mph- 99.92 mph
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: