View Single Post
Old 07-24-2002, 09:48 PM   #50
Aquaman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by blue00gt
What makes you say you should ignore trap speed and look at ET? Obviously ET is what is going to win you a race, but trap speed is a much better indicator of how much power a car is making and what kind of potential it has. If a car is making a lot of power and running street tires of course the ET isn't going to be that great, but the trap speed gives you a good idea of what it can run with traction.
Exactly. The MPH shows what a car will do or be able to do in a roll on race from a certian speed. From a 45-55 roll my car is damn fast and hard to beat indicitive of my trap mph compared to my trap time. Bob with the White T78 supra is in pretty much the same boat only he's even faster from that speed. We dont launch veryu well and at least my first gear is way too tall to be much good. I can do almost 55 in 1st. thats where I loose it. LS1 Vettes respond very well to 3.90 or 4.10 rear ends it helps to shorten 1st a little bit. And on modded cars actually makes 6th a useable gear. Trap time is what is gonna win a 1/4 race every single time no doubt about it but on the street MPH is just as important more so sometimes.