View Single Post
Old 11-17-2002, 10:49 AM   #12
Aquaman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by srv1
i SoloII race as well. Neons, Rabbits and Civics usually do the best.
Then you are in a region with some pretty screwed up drivers.

In more cases then not the FTD for the stock class is usually a SS or A Stock car. (Vette/RX7 TT). With B or CS about 1.5 seconds behind. Miata's, Boxsters, 914's etc...

In the mod class BSP is usually the fastest with ASP pretty close. Again no Neon's, Rabbits/Golfs, Civics...

Balance and power to weight, play a much bigger role then just weight alone. Most stock Vettes are well over 3100#'s and longer & Wider then 90% of the cars on the track yet consistantly put down the fastest times.

I won a National SCCA title in 1990 in CS in a Shelby GLHS Charger (only to have it striped becauise the SCCA is a F'ed up organization!!!) that was about 3+ seconds ahead of the G & ES cars and 4+ ahead of HS cars but a good 3 sconds behind Roger Johnsons SS Vette!

22 Second AutoX courses are stupid and a waste of everyones time. 40+ seconds is the rule anymore anything less is pointless.

But saying that FStock cars cant hang with the FWD cars is meaningless unless it's on the above stated 22 second track that fits into the parking lot drags that these rice boys seem to enjoy so much

I wish anyone luck in racing AutoX, Because it's really a test of how well you know your car and it's abilities/limitations.