View Single Post
Old 11-17-2002, 02:18 PM   #14
srv1
Get down.....

Quote:
Originally posted by this is not cbring
that is a good looking car, looks like it could be very competitive......

i've watched autocross since i was a little kid, prolly 15+ years......and the two favorite cars i've ever watched run are a supercharged integra that made the pages of Sport Compact Car and a fox-bodied Saleen......

as i believe i touched in the other thread, nobody could touch the Saleen......

mustangs are a very capable platform in autocross, it just seems to take more money, more effort, and more driver skill to be extremely competitive for your "average" autocrosser
believe it or not, that car was totalled, and i do mean totalled! the left front of the car was actually in the drivers seat. he fixed it all. yeah it does look nice from a distance, but if you look up close on the car, you will see mismatched fenders, floor pans crinkled, and the paint isnt the greatest. he took 4 junk cars and made 1 track car. one fender is off a 89 GT and the other is off something else. the nose is off a 87. also, he didnt even paint it, the other parts he got were already red. it is a perfect track car. a 351 Lightning motor powers that car along with the stock 4 cats! trust me, it is fast! it has no interior at all. just the dash and a cage and thats it!