MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2001, 02:10 PM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Exclamation Some kinda Turbo'd supped up Sabauru Tried Racing Me!

I was on my home from a great day at work yesterday (Thursday night), minding my own bussiness as usual. I see this kinda wild looking Subauru (Misspelled) in a non descript Silverish gold color next to me.

Looked like two High school kids or young college kids in it. They kept starring over at my car and looking at the stickers (Yes I have stickers in my quarter windows, but I actually have the parts and speed to back them up)(FlowMaster, BBK, Brothers, and K&N)

We were both in the right turn lanes, the light turned green and I drove off like a old man wearing a hat, Slow. Well when we got straigthened out, I heard the unmistakable sound of a Howling Monkey (Turbo Type) and the sound of the Waste gate opening between shifts.

THey blow by me doing like 80 MPH. I didnt want to waste my gas or push my luck much at the time so I let them go.

They slow down and pull along beside me and goose the throttle about a dozen times.

After about the 11th or so time they got on it, I had had enough. At 60 MPH, I do a rev match down shift into third. The tires spin for a second I hook and pass them like there nothing. I know they got an earfull of 40 Series flows at 4000 at full throttle. Gotta love that.

Well the light ahead changes red, and we get clear lanes (Cliffdale and Skibo int.) The lanes are kinda staggared his line was 3/4 of a car length ahead of me.

They kept looking over and revving at me. I didnt pay them much attention and just played it cool like I usually do. The light changed and our reaction time was about the same. He launched alot harder than I did but that didnt get him anywhere ahead of me. I could hear that Turbo just screaming away for a second.

Even with his starting spot being 3/4 car length ahead, by the end of first I had him. His front bumper was about at my rear bumper, and at the end of second he was two car lengths back. By the end of third I put my Hazards on and he was about 4 car lengths back.

We pulled up next to each other a few lights down. We werent first in line, even if we were I dont think he'd want to go again.

He looked over at me and I said "Gotta a little Whirly bird under the hood I hear."

He asked me what a whirly Bird was ( I thought everyone knew the term whirly bird) I told him its slang for Turbo.

"Man you aint no where near stock Dog!" is what he said to me.

"Yep, pretty much stock. Only one or two small things that dont add to much more than 5 HP (Yeah right )"

He pointed out that my exahust wasnt stock. I told him Flowmasters dont give ya much more power, just kick *** sound.

"Man, I never loose to Stock Mustangs, I always beat them Gee."

I say back cocky as hell "Well thats because you never raced me before just now. I'm just a real good driver, and they must of sucked."

He rolled his eyes then accused me of spraying "Noss". He kept insisting i sprayed "Noss". I couldnt help but laugh.

I told him I wouldnt and didnt need "Nitrouis" to pass his slow turd.

He gave me the bird and spun tires and turned a REAL quick right into Miaimi Subs.

Boy I just made a new friend. I know I sound cocky but he needed a good trash talking to hurt his ego.

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. GT Apperance pkg. And to many others to list

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle, 40 series Flowmasters, Steeda Tri-Ax. Ordered 4:10's.

64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe. Future resto.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote